Breeding horses you own

This is just a suggestion, that I think should be considered to improve the overall experience for players - it would be so much better if it didn't cost anything to breed two horses you already own, opposed to paying a fee to breed one of your horses with a friend's horse. I suggest this, mainly because the algorithm that determines the foal outcome most of the time doesn't work in the players favor, and players are often stuck raising foals they weren't hoping to get - and the selling price for an unwanted foal is often WAY less than what you paid to breed the parents in the first place...

Case in point, I own a Hackney and an American Warmblood - it cost over 13,000 coins to breed them after I already purchased them, and that is during the breeding event! It's usually 19,000!!! Despite paying over 100 diamonds to increase my chances of getting a Friesian, I ended up with another American Warmblood I didn't need...to sell the foal would only get me less than 1000 coins, when if I were to purchase one in the market, it would cost upwards of 30,000 coins, or a boat load of diamonds. This is incredibly unfair. I also don't want to spend the time and resources getting it to a higher level in order to make even a fraction of the money back.

If I use my hard won coins to purchase a horse form the market, I should be able to do whatever I want with it, and not have to pay to breed it to one of my other horses.

Just sayin.
     1 people found this helpful

Breeding horses you own

I agree whole hearted with your request. If you already own both horses, it shouldn't cost too breed them.

I think this is a fair idea. If not totally free then at least much less by thousands of coins less if breeding your own horses and I feel you should have at least a 25% chance from the start to get whatever horse you are going for be it the next tier up or a new breed. honestly in the real world of breeding you do not pay anything but feed for owned horses, and their care and perhaps a vet bill of a thousand or so if you really caring for the breeding pair. Not multiple thousands of dollars to let your own stallion cover your own mare.

I have to agree it's FAR too expensive to breed your own horses... I can see a fee of some kind but it should be like 1/4 what it is to breed with a friend or something.