Zone attack harder to execute

Zone attack has been harder to execute. Using razer wildcat xbox controller on PC. The timing for light + heavy needs to be accurate. Ubisoft please fix.

Realistically zone is how it should always have been, a deliberate pressing of both buttons together rather than being able to be lazy in how you pull off what, for most characters, is a pretty powerful attack.

In any case I doubt it is going to approach the timing that it had before it was changed since this is their flicker fix, the fact that they closed down the buffer means people can't screw around with that any more and honestly that is a much preferable state to how it was before, speaking as someone who mains one of the characters that was notorious for abusing it.
     2 people found this helpful

UbiInsulin's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by SanaMinatozaki- Go to original post
    Zone attack has been harder to execute. Using razer wildcat xbox controller on PC. The timing for light + heavy needs to be accurate. Ubisoft please fix.
    Hi SanaMinatozaki-! We've actually let the team know that players have been having a bit more difficulty with zone attacks ever since the flicker fix.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by UbiInsulin Go to original post
    Hi SanaMinatozaki-! We've actually let the team know that players have been having a bit more difficulty with zone attacks ever since the flicker fix.
    Thank you sir! When i want to cast zone attack, i will unintentionally cast either Light or heavy attack. Hope the fix will be done immediately.

Originally Posted by UbiInsulin Go to original post
    So long as any change doesn't bring back flicker because honestly with some practice it comes out more often than not and it would be a real step backwards to reintroduce flicker abuse.

Originally Posted by CandleInTheDark Go to original post
    So long as any change doesn't bring back flicker because honestly with some practice it comes out more often than not and it would be a real step backwards to reintroduce flicker abuse.
    most important is we can comfortably cast zone attack.

As frustrating as this is i'd rather lose a fight or 2 due to my improper timing then go back to zone flicker nonsense.

Charmzzz's Avatar Senior Member
    Do not change it back to the "flicker" state! Let people adapt to the new timing and it's good.

Vordred's Avatar Senior Member
    yeah, i do not want to see flicker comeback, under any circumstances.

people just have to get better at pressing the buttons together, it's not that hard.

and sure it's frustrating when you go to do a zone and get a heavy, which gets parried, but i would rather that than deal with people spamming flicker zones all day.

Originally Posted by SanaMinatozaki- Go to original post
    most important is we can comfortably cast zone attack.
    And I can currently nine times in ten because I have bothered to practice and found the way that works most consistently for me.
     2 people found this helpful