🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

Petition for patch to support AMD Phenom II and other processors

You bought AC:O and can"t you launch this game? Other games works great like Wolfenstein The New Collossus? Your processor has SSE 4.1 but hasn't SSE4.2? Many people has this problem like me. If you think that attitude is unjust? Please, sign this petition and we will show our uneasiness! If this doesn't concern you, just click the button "Sign" to help us.

There is a link for petition:
    https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-mon...-creed-origins

Sorry for my English
     8 people found this helpful

Signed. Ubisoft better patch this or at least refund the game.
     1 people found this helpful

ai_ab's Avatar Senior Member
    There are two sides of the medal.

I.e. if there are a lot of people signing this petition then Ubi might decide to change something. However, if too few people sign it then Ubi might simply ignore the issue.

So far only 201 people have signed this petition since it has been created 3 weeks ago.

Agreed,but we have to try. Seeing as Ubisoft themselves don't want to fix this unless there's pressure.

Author of petition created her a week ago

i have can confirm - 202 and started a week ago - https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-mon...-creed-origins
     1 people found this helpful

UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    Hi guys!
    Instead of signing the petition, could you please make a ticket about your performance issues? Please also attach a Dxdiag and MSINFO— these files will help us locate what could be causing the issue. You can find instructions on how to create and submit these files on our support site here. Thanks!

Originally Posted by kilyan82 Go to original post
    Sorry but this is a bad idea: first, YOU CANNOT PRETEND TO RUN EVERITHING WITH OLD PCS
    - second, THIS WILL COST MORE RESOURCES TO DO AND UBISOFT WILL HAVE TO INCREASE THE GAME PRICE TO CONTAIN THE COSTS
    - third, YOU ARE PENALIZING ALL THE PLAYERS WITH GOOD PCS BECAUSE UBISOFT IS TRYING TO ACCOMODATE YOU THAT THINK ONLY FOR YOURSELVES AND THINK HAVE THE RIGHT TO COMPLAIN BECAUSE YOU DON'T RESPECT THE MIINIMUM REQUIREMENTS.
    Sorry if i may sound harsh, but someone shoul d open your shut eyes.
    It is considered as rude and disrespectful to use CAPS than the standard one in your posts on the forums no matter what you are trying to post. People are able to read your posts even without all CAPS.

How exactly are they penalizing all the players with newer PCs? Note, that I have replaced good PCs with the newer PCs as the lack of SSE 4.1/4.2 instruction sets does not make AMD Phenom II or Intel Yorkfield CPUs bad. Moreover, Intel Yorkfield CPUs support SSE 4.1, they lack only SSE 4.2 support, and this is probably the reason why ACO won't launch on these CPUs.

So why are they penalizing all the players? How a request to remove SSE 4.1/4.2 requirement penalizes all other players? Moreover, there are examples of other game developers dealing with this issue and releasing the patches that would remove this or a similar requirement.

Indeed you can't expect to run everything on an old PC. Indeed it will cost resources to develop a patch.

In addition to that Assassin's Creed Syndicate has exactly the same minimal requirements as ACO and it was possible to play the AC Syndicate on Phenom II CPUs.

Why can't Ubi refund all those who have Phenom II or Yorkfield CPUs and who are unable to launch the game? I know that their refund and cancellation policy states that the digital purchases are final and cannot be refunded. However, you can get a refund from Steam or from EA if you meet the specific refund conditions.
     6 people found this helpful

Wait, what are you talking about? What quality downgrade to accommodate a portion of people do you mean? They are not complaining about the bad performance of the game on their computers, they are complaining about not being able to launch the game at all. I.e. they have paid for the service that they are unable to use. Yes, this is partially their fault, however, Ubi there is no information whether Ubi are working on the solution of the issue at all.

And what about the consoles? The graphics downgrades were first reported by the console players. What did they do wrong do deserve the downgrade? Did they buy the hardware that is below the minimal requirements?

As I have said, if you buy a game on Steam or from EA you can ask for a refund even if you have played it. I have played one of the games bought from EA for about 8 hours, I did not like it, I have sent a refund request, and I received the refund confirmation within several hours.

And if EA or Steam can do this then why can't Ubi implement a similar refund policy? What would they lose? Sure, they would lose a tiny fraction of their profit, however, people would be happy, there would be less complaints on the forums, they would consider upgrading their computers, and there would have been a high possibility that they would buy the game at a later date after upgrading their computers.

Right now these people are unhappy and they can easily decide not to upgrade their computers, they post complaints all over the Internet, and there is a high probability that they will never touch the game even if they upgrade their computers.

So Ubi are choosing the worst option possible by saying we took your money, now we don't care.

EDIT: There is no proof that Ubi will downgrade anything in the game if they decide to release a patch so that AMD Phenom II users would be able to play the game. This is purely your speculation that has no ground behind it. Moreover, there are quite some AMD Phenom II CPU models that are more powerful than the CPUs listed in the minimal requirements.

Are you really saying that by making the more powerful CPUs (than those listed in the minimal requirements but don't have SSE 4.1/4.2 instruction set support) compatible with the game Ubi will have to downgrade the game?

What mistakes? I did not do any mistakes and my PC is above the recommended requirements and I can play the game. However, I do understand the issues that the others have.

If your theory is correct then could you explain why it is possible to play AC: Syndicate, which has exactly the same minimal requirements as ACO on Phenom II CPUs? Yes, they are under specs, however, they are capable of running that game.
     2 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last ►►