🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    ai_ab's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by krisfather Go to original post
    ^^ this. Cracking the game has absolutely zero merit to this,but from what I see,it's Denuvo games who cause this BS.
    So, Denuvo is used to protect the game against the pirates and is the cause why the games with Denuvo might not be launched on Phenom II CPUs. In many cases Denuvo is removed from the games after the software pirates have developed a crack.

So far ACO has not been cracked, so there is no reason to remove Denuvo as it serves its purpose.

ACO is not the first game to have this issue. There were other games released with this issue a year and more ago. This was actually the first call that the CPU upgrade is required. With time more and more content is going to be released that won't support even more CPUs.

Denuvo has been an issue for the game launching in previous cases,and I have my suspicions it's the same thing here. Also,my CPU is well and above in specs compared to the minimum reqs. Ubisoft Support confirmed that for me.

Originally Posted by krisfather Go to original post
    Denuvo has been an issue for the game launching in previous cases,and I have my suspicions it's the same thing here. Also,my CPU is well and above in specs compared to the minimum reqs. Ubisoft Support confirmed that for me.
    Which CPU and GPU do you have?

Originally Posted by UbiSailorScout Go to original post
    Hi guys!
    Instead of signing the petition, could you please make a ticket about your performance issues? Please also attach a Dxdiag and MSINFO— these files will help us locate what could be causing the issue. You can find instructions on how to create and submit these files on our support site here. Thanks!
    Right... because issue is so mysterious that you need petabytes of logs to pinpoint it. If only topic with most replies on this sub-forum had any information about it. Don't worry though. Submit a ticket so we can thank you for paying your hard earned money with half-automated or copy-pasted response that you don't met requirements (which is debatable) or with a list of as generic as useless thoubleshooting tips and maybe that they forwarded it to development team (which could mean lighting a candle and sending some positive thoughts for all we know it). Of course if we bother with response at all.

There is no ETA, there is no info whether it will be fixed at all and issue itself isn't even officailly acknowledged over 1 month after premiere.

Give us a break.

KmarkoPL's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ai_ab Go to original post
    So, Denuvo is used to protect the game against the pirates and is the cause why the games with Denuvo might not be launched on Phenom II CPUs. In many cases Denuvo is removed from the games after the software pirates have developed a crack.

So far ACO has not been cracked, so there is no reason to remove Denuvo as it serves its purpose.

ACO is not the first game to have this issue. There were other games released with this issue a year and more ago. This was actually the first call that the CPU upgrade is required. With time more and more content is going to be released that won't support even more CPUs.
    Ubisoft never have and never will remove Denuvo from they games, even after they got cracked ex Ghost Recon Wildlands, Far Cry Primal.

I have already submitted my ticket to support weeks ago. They responded in a few days and offered me troubleshooting,but none helped. It's been a few days since I've updated my ticket explaining the game still doesn't launch,but there's no development yet.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by KmarkoPL Go to original post
    Ubisoft never have and never will remove Denuvo from they games, even after they got cracked ex Ghost Recon Wildlands, Far Cry Primal.
    Doesn't it make everything obvious?

I think I've mentioned it in a few posts above. R9 270x 4 GB edition / AMD Phenom II Black Edition (1090T) 6 cores @ 3.2 ghz base clock speed and 12 GB of ram. Been playing SWBF2 for the last couple of weeks at the Ultra Preset on 1080p and the game doesn't dip below 60. Don't think the problem is in my rig yet.

Sure, you can play games using your CPU if it is capable of running then.

Yesterday, I've found this review, where they have tested i5 2400 and Phenom II X6 1100T:
    https://www.bit-tech.net/reviews/tec...dge-review/10/

Note that while there is a noticeable difference in base frequencies between i5 2400s and i5 2400 (2.5 GHz vs 3.1 GHz), the difference in turbo boost frequencies is negligible 3.3 GHz vs 3.4 GHz and turbo boost usually kicks in under load, e.g. when a game is running.

The review results show that non-overclocked i5 2400 beats Phenom II X6 1100T overclocked to 4.2 GHz in average frame rate, while the minimal frame rate is quite similar. Non-overclocked Phenom II X 1100T does not stand a chance against i5 2400 in the games both in terms of minimal and average frame rate.

So, I really can't understand how the support could confirm that Phenom II X 1090T is above the minimum requirement, when it is below them.

I am sorry to burst your bubble,but a quad core CPU does not outperform a six core one. It just doesn't work that,even more so when the quad core CPU is at a lower clock speed than the CPU. And it's been said numerous times across the forums that the problem might not even be the SSE. I've seen people with CPUs that support SEE 4.1 and 4.2 not be able to run the game at all,same as everyone else in this thread.
    (I don't see why you're comparing an older model intel to another model Phenom and then try to compare their performances to the performance of my rig,considering I mentioned a 1090T,not a 1100T.)

A rig depends on way more many things than a CPU. GPU and ram matter way more in performance when it comes to games,than a CPU does.
    P.S.
    Your comments here mostly try to spark arguments and try to cause conflicts with claims that simply aren't true.
     1 people found this helpful