The Go 229A-1 is nearly impossible to get off the ground down a full runway without either:

a. Overheating your engines

and

b. Running out of runway

The problem lies in the thrust output of the Go 229A-1's engines. The engines are not out-putting enough thrust to gain speed.

I can taxi a Me 262A-1 at 45% throttle and get going up to about 40 kph or so. Doing the same in the Go 229 at 45% throttle gets me about 20-25 kph max. I fear the acceleration and thrust output is incorrect for the Go 229A-1's Jumo engines. ACES has the engine used for this type as the Jumo 004B. This is incorrect, the Go 229A-0 (First planned production model) was to have installed two Jumo 004C engines which output 2200 lb.s.t. The first Gotha-built flying wing designated the Go 229V3 had the Jumo 004C turbojets installed. The Go 229A-1 model which is represented in ACES would MOST likely have these engines. The Me 262A-1a Jumo 004B-1 turbojet engines for comparison could output 1980 lb.s.t.

Can this problem be resolved?

"Go Fly A Kite!"
    -Jason R.
    Head FS-WWI Project Leader

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

The Go 229A-1 is nearly impossible to get off the ground down a full runway without either:

a. Overheating your engines

and

b. Running out of runway

The problem lies in the thrust output of the Go 229A-1's engines. The engines are not out-putting enough thrust to gain speed.

I can taxi a Me 262A-1 at 45% throttle and get going up to about 40 kph or so. Doing the same in the Go 229 at 45% throttle gets me about 20-25 kph max. I fear the acceleration and thrust output is incorrect for the Go 229A-1's Jumo engines. ACES has the engine used for this type as the Jumo 004B. This is incorrect, the Go 229A-0 (First planned production model) was to have installed two Jumo 004C engines which output 2200 lb.s.t. The first Gotha-built flying wing designated the Go 229V3 had the Jumo 004C turbojets installed. The Go 229A-1 model which is represented in ACES would MOST likely have these engines. The Me 262A-1a Jumo 004B-1 turbojet engines for comparison could output 1980 lb.s.t.

Can this problem be resolved?

"Go Fly A Kite!"
    -Jason R.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

A P.S.

I am not complaining here. I wish to show my gratitude and thanks to Oleg and his team for delivering us such a fine product. Just pointing out a tiny detail which inhibits the Go 229 to properly takeoff.

"Go Fly A Kite!"
    -Jason R.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

Aztek_Eagle's Avatar Banned
    mmm i dont have problem wiht it..... overheating is comon on take off as it is the part that requieres more energy imho

You shouldnt have to overheat your engines on take off tho...

"Go Fly A Kite!"
    -Jason R.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

I'll tell you one thing that really threw me when I tried to take off in the 229 for the first time--it feels like it's going to nose over as it gains lift, since the rear wheels lift up first. I thought "what the heck?! I didn't push over on the stick! Aieee!" And then the thing just lifted off and up into the air.

Lasst das Hollentor offen,
    Es FRIERT HIER OBEN!

I overheat the Me-262 when I take off. The engines cool down once you get speed, and a few minutes of overheat won't kill them.

Those Jumos are great, you can cruise at 90% power and as long as you stay fast, you won't have an overheat problem. At by fast I mean there is no prop in the game that can catch you.

i always fly at 100% whit the me262....i never have some probleme whit my engine because of that.... ;O)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by julien673:
    i always fly at 100% whit the me262....i never have some probleme whit my engine because of that.... ;O)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can run with engines at 100% as long as you stay fast. Jumo 004 uses an air cooled hollow turbine so it needs good air flow to keep it cool.

On the other hand do not stay with Overheat warning too much. It can loose serious power if you do it. After a while turbine RPM drops irreversibly from 8700 to 8000 which makes a serious difference in thrust. Keep in mind that at 6000 RPM the turbine is almost at idle, do not be mislead by those high RPMs, the high thrust RPM interval is very narrow.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Magister__Ludi:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by julien673:
    i always fly at 100% whit the me262....i never have some probleme whit my engine because of that.... ;O)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can run with engines at 100% as long as you stay fast. Jumo 004 uses an air cooled hollow turbine so it needs good air flow to keep it cool.

On the other hand do not stay with Overheat warning too much. It can loose serious power if you do it. After a while turbine RPM drops irreversibly from 8700 to 8000 which makes a serious difference in thrust. Keep in mind that at 6000 RPM the turbine is almost at idle, do not be mislead by those high RPMs, the high thrust RPM interval is very narrow.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes exactly... The production model Go 229 was still going to have the Jumo 004C, a FAR superior engine and one with higher RPM than the Jumo 004B...

"Go Fly A Kite!"
    -Jason R.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site