dxsxhxcx's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Kiroku Go to original post
    You totally got me! The fun fact about that is that they COULD write good stories with much complexity even for characters.

But I dont know why they dont go for it. Maybe still because its a triple A title from a company which has high ranked people that just want to see the money at the end of the year. Who knows..
    You've nailed it, If the average sells, why change it?
     1 people found this helpful

Whatís your problem?

Originally Posted by joshoolhorst Go to original post
    ultimate ****head comment incoming (because I am selfaware).

Sorry sweety the critical people are talking
    But also second note WHAT story in the MD? no really what story?
    Youíre really going to insult me over my opinion that the modern day storyline for the series is actually good? You always straight up insult the intelligence people you donít agree with? Try civil and actual conversation over why you think the MD sucks instead of childishly insulting me for thinking itís good. Itís kind of insulting to just dismiss my post and not take anything I say seriously and assume Iím not capable of critical conversation.

Joshua0892's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by seekerslegacy Go to original post
    You’re really going to insult me over my opinion that the modern day storyline for the series is actually good? You always straight up insult the intelligence people you don’t agree with? Try civil and actual conversation over why you think the MD sucks instead of childishly insulting me for thinking it’s good. It’s kind of insulting to just dismiss my post and not take anything I say seriously and assume I’m not capable of critical conversation.
    Because my comment is 2 weeks old now and I can't remember my thought progress I do apologise... But on the other side did I do see now that I made a error when I was reading your commennt I thought you said Layla's Modern Day story in Origins was good so my apologise for that to.

But could you awnser why you think Origins has a GOOD story while it clearly doesn't have one? and why is Layla interesting? all her background was told in a pc files and she annoyed the hell out of me outside the Animus and in her emails and sound recorded files to, Sophia Rikkin and every Modern Day character has a way more interesting background than she has hell I am way more interested in Rebeccas dog than her background.

Bayek's promise

I personally love this game and how they did it. I know the story isnt perfect but there is something about going back to the distant past that i really love about assassins creed. I get the stuff you dont like and i understand that. I have a son and the scene in the bayek's promise quests always give me that lump in the throat. I love how he holds that stone to his heart. You can see he loved his son dearly. The story isnt perfect but i give this game a ten out of ten because they brought AC back from the brink
     1 people found this helpful

I haven't gone through the rest of the discussion so sorry if some of what I'll write has been mentioned. But, I'll add that it doesn't help that the game doesn't let us replay quests so that we can pick up on plot details and dialog that we may miss upon the first play through. It was only creating another character and redoing the beginning did I notice, for instance, that Aya was present for a seconds next to Bayek and her son in the intro cutscene. In my first playthrough, Aya just came into the story as if though I'm supposed to know who she is. Not that replaying missions is the solution to the pacing issues, but at least those who wanting to care about the story were to be given a chance to do so.

Playing NG+ partially solves this, but replaying missions is certainly not the main purpose of NG+. I'm curious as to why this is so, was there a technical issue of going back and forth between certain states of the map or game save? It's odd that this feature isn't allowed even though the game can certainly do so via reloading checkpoints.

neruuk's Avatar Junior Member
    Maybe, in future Ubi will do better in storytelling department and seamless RPG play. From what I understand AC was in decline and with this game, picked up again as more successful like in the first games. Future will tell and I hope so since I also don't think the story in this game is much to write home about but then again this is my first AC game.

I love AC. I have completed every single game besides the 2.5D chronicals. IMO Liberation had a better story than Origins. Thats saying something.
    But I understand why Origins was presented the way that it was. After Unity's bugs and Syndicates sluggish start Ubi was dangerously close to losing the franchise. The core fan base was burnt out, plain and simple. It was getting to the point where playing an AC gane was more work than Play, and really becoming a tedious effort. But after Unity was fixed and people got into Syndicate they both were GREAT games. I personally love Unity's take on Paris and the story. It also became a real delight to stealth kill Templars as Evie Frye and then brutally take down gangs as Jacob.
    I know people hate on ACIII but I think the American Revolution was the best setting of the series no matter how flawed Connor was as a protagonist.
    Back to Origins though. This was a make or break game. Seeing how the core fan base was wore out they had to entice new players. So they started over. The end result to US was a flimsy narrative that does little to progress the last 9 years we have invested into the franchise, but to a new comer they hit a home run.
    Now let's hope that if the trilogy rumors are true and we get Greece or Rome next then the next game is made for us, the die hard fans. I'm pretty sure the Unity team is up to bat on the next game, and they had plenty of mistakes to learn from but they still delivered an amazing story.
    So let's not pull the trigger just yet. I don't blame them for playing it easy with Origins. I can't say that I would not have done the same given the circumstances.

Originally Posted by ShawnCase3 Go to original post
    Back to Origins though. This was a make or break game. Seeing how the core fan base was wore out they had to entice new players. So they started over. The end result to US was a flimsy narrative that does little to progress the last 9 years we have invested into the franchise, but to a new comer they hit a home run.
    The need to pander to newcomers is what has held this series back ever since Black Flag. It's a short sighted business strategy because you just end up alienating the core fanbase in the long run hence why Syndicate sold so poorly after Unity (sorry, have to disagree with you about Unity, it's the worst story in the series imo).
    The reason why Uncharted is so popular is because it rewards its core fanbase for their investment from start to finish and it's getting new players on board even now because the core fanbase love it so much that they're hyping it to anyone who hasn't played it. The Witcher 3 is one of the most popular open world games ever and a lot of people who picked it up didn't read the books or play the previous entries, but the game was so good that it made people go back and play older games and read the books. I don't know why Ubisoft doesn't trust newcomers to be smart enough to do their own homework.

cawatrooper9's Avatar AC Forum Moderator
    Originally Posted by AnimusLover Go to original post
    The reason why Uncharted is so popular is because it rewards its core fanbase for their investment from start to finish and it's getting new players on board even now because the core fanbase love it so much that they're hyping it to anyone who hasn't played it
    I just started the Uncharted series for the first time recently, and I gotta say that the cohesion between the games really adds to their charm.

I'd love to see AC return to that level of connected lore.