1. #31
    Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    16,189
    Originally Posted by Perseas09 Go to original post
    In general for most AC games, and in fact for most open world games, NPC takl is restricted in some repeated phrases. Being Greek, and having some recollection of the common hellenistic (or Koine) being the Greeek language of the time, I found that most greek phrases where spoken correctly, albeit with a more "modern" pronunciation.
    There were a couple of little grammatical mishaps but I guess you cannot have everything. So below are some of the Greek phrases I can remember off the top of my head.

    - Ουδεπόπωτε εώρακα τοιάυτην αφρονίαν (Oudepopote eoraka tiaftin afronian - Woman's voice) = I have never seen such foolishnes
    - Μωρείας παρασκευάσματα τούτα εστί (Morias paraskevasmata touta esti - Man's voice) = These are the "products" of follie. There's a slight grammatical error here, The last word should have been εισίν (isin) which is the 3rd plural of the verb "to be" as opposed to εστι (esti) which is the 3rd singular
    - Ιδιώτην (Idiotin) = (private) citizen (most of the times meaning "person")
    - Παίδες ο γέγοναι; Λέξον, Λέξον (paides o gegone? Lexon, lexon) = Children (or "guys") what has happened? Tell, tell! Again the term Λεξον here is wrong because it's singular. The term είρετε or λεξατε would be better since it's plural (referring to children).
    - Θεοί, τις δοκεί ει; Ποσειδών; (theoi tis doki ei? Poseidon?) = Gods, who does he think he is? Poseidon?


    hope it was helpful.
    This is fantastic! If you're up to translating, there are definitely others we'd be interested in, in the thread.

    Thanks for what you've done already.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #32
    Yeah, this is helpful. Thanks. I always wondered what they were saying in this game in the foreign language. Bayek rides around and everyone is just yelling what is incoherent to me. It's a bit disturbing not to know what they are saying. It would be nice if UBISOFT did a list of English translations for the NPC dialogue. Asking too much?
    Share this post

  3. #33
    Originally Posted by Perseas09 Go to original post
    In general for most AC games, and in fact for most open world games, NPC takl is restricted in some repeated phrases. Being Greek, and having some recollection of the common hellenistic (or Koine) being the Greeek language of the time, I found that most greek phrases where spoken correctly, albeit with a more "modern" pronunciation.
    There were a couple of little grammatical mishaps but I guess you cannot have everything. So below are some of the Greek phrases I can remember off the top of my head.

    - Ουδεπόπωτε εώρακα τοιάυτην αφρονίαν (Oudepopote eoraka tiaftin afronian - Woman's voice) = I have never seen such foolishnes
    - Μωρείας παρασκευάσματα τούτα εστί (Morias paraskevasmata touta esti - Man's voice) = These are the "products" of follie. There's a slight grammatical error here, The last word should have been εισίν (isin) which is the 3rd plural of the verb "to be" as opposed to εστι (esti) which is the 3rd singular
    - Ιδιώτην (Idiotin) = (private) citizen (most of the times meaning "person")
    - Παίδες ο γέγοναι; Λέξον, Λέξον (paides o gegone? Lexon, lexon) = Children (or "guys") what has happened? Tell, tell! Again the term Λεξον here is wrong because it's singular. The term είρετε or λεξατε would be better since it's plural (referring to children).
    - Θεοί, τις δοκεί ει; Ποσειδών; (theoi tis doki ei? Poseidon?) = Gods, who does he think he is? Poseidon?


    hope it was helpful.
    Wow, amazing. Been wondering about some of these since the game came out, thank you!

    You don't happen to know what: "eight pessition gheret?" means (I just spelled it randomly, tried to immitate what it sounds like)?
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  4. #34
    Originally Posted by sushiglutton Go to original post
    Wow, amazing. Been wondering about some of these since the game came out, thank you!

    You don't happen to know what: "eight pessition gheret?" means (I just spelled it randomly, tried to immitate what it sounds like)?
    I thought it was "Fine Decision Garrett". Where I've found that Garrett means, "Brave Warrior" or "one who rules by spear".

    Although, it could be Gheret or Garreth, I guess. Then again, it could be a total foreign language that only sounds like "Fine Decision".
    Anyone?
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  5. #35
    olfr44's Avatar Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    14
    "It’s so repetitive that I’m at the point where I kill anyone who says “GREAT DECISION GERRET "

    Same here.

    I know assassins should not kill civilians but this is the first AC game where NPC's dialogues annoy me that much (!!)
    Share this post

  6. #36
    MstrTarvos's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Traverse City, Mi
    Posts
    304
    I think it's funny that everyone seems to think Bayek is an idiot. Also it is kind of odd how all the guards always seem to have him in their range.
    Share this post

  7. #37
    cawatrooper9's Avatar AC Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A Bathtub with Caterina Sforza
    Posts
    5,629
    Originally Posted by MstrTarvos Go to original post
    I think it's funny that everyone seems to think Bayek is an idiot.
    That seems to be pretty common in the series.

    I guess if I saw someone parkouring around my town I'd think it was pretty rad, but I guess some civilians are pretty judgmental.
    Share this post

  8. #38
    MstrTarvos's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Traverse City, Mi
    Posts
    304
    I always loved the civilian comments in other entries of the series where they would say things like "What is he doing?" and I am thinking climbing of course haven't you ever seen someone climb before?
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  9. #39
    One of the worst part is that it seems like there are about 5 or 6 voice actors that do all the NPCs. So every generic Greek has the same exact voice and linies, every generic Egyptian has the same exact voice and lines. Every child has the same voice and lines etc.. it gets annoying.
    Share this post

  10. #40
    Am I the only one who hears little kids running around shouting "Nobody gives an effe (a ****)"
    Share this post

Page 4 of 4 ◄◄  First ... 234