🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Watch Dogs forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

database maintenance?

I got the free game but when I try to play I keep getting a message saying this

"We have received your key for watch dogs, however due to database maintenance it will take a little while to process your license. We will send you a notification as soon as the key registration is processed."

Is this normal?

Ubi-Pickles's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA
    Sorry to see that you are experiencing this issue. If you are still seeing that message, uninstall and reinstall your Ubisoft PC Client.

Database maintenance watch_dogs

Hi, i've redownloaded watch_dogs after a long time of not playing and now it says i have to wait till the registration of the key is processed..

Le_Gust's Avatar Junior Member
    Hi, contact Support... but do NOT expect any good answers from the answer bot. Have the same problem as you (and many more it seems with this program).

UPlay license servers problems... well fix them ASAP , please Ubisoft.

Currently the silence in with this type of issue is NOT a good policy.

/P

Le_Gust's Avatar Junior Member
    I got mine working just now... if it is Uplays database that been corrected or if uninstalling the game and re-install, but not start from Uplay... instead go to gamedirectory and find Drivename:\Ubisoft\Watchdogs\bin\Watch_dogs.exe rightclick and run as Adminitrator ONCE... (then it installs correctly)... and starts... After that it seems to be working from Uplay without Administrator rights.

Please try and report back...

/P

Originally Posted by Le_Gust Go to original post
    I got mine working just now... if it is Uplays database that been corrected or if uninstalling the game and re-install, but not start from Uplay... instead go to gamedirectory and find Drivename:\Ubisoft\Watchdogs\bin\Watch_dogs.exe rightclick and run as Adminitrator ONCE... (then it installs correctly)... and starts... After that it seems to be working from Uplay without Administrator rights.

Please try and report back...

/P
    2021 and this is still an issue.

I confirm that your steps still work 100% as described.

Thank you!

Ubi-Litten's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hi there, sorry to hear you experienced this issue and thanks for confirming the workaround steps were able to get this resolved for you. In the meantime, if you have any further queries or would like to provide any additional feedback, please feel free to let us know.