Zoro's Avatar Community Representative

R6 Community Discusses - Loadout Variations

Hello and welcome back to the R6 Community Discusses Series!

The goal of this series is to open conversation on specific topics so players can share their feedback, suggestions, and share tips&strategies with their fellow players. We encourage newer players to ask questions and for our more experienced users to offer whatever advice they can on the subject. Any posts that detract from the discussion, target other users specifically, or are offensive in general will be removed.

This week we'll be focusing on Loadout Variations

So, we've discussed weapons and secondary gadgets in the past but this time we'd like to hear some specifics on how you build your operators and what drives those choices.

1.) Give us your top 2 Atk/Def operators and how you setup their loadouts - which weapons do you prefer to use, which secondary gadget do you choose, and how do you implement these choices into your strategy.

2.) Of the 4 operators you've listed, do you feel any of them could benefit (with maintaining balance in mind) from a different secondary gadget option? Explain why your choice fits the operator.

Now, let's put our creative hats on again:

3.) Describe a new secondary gadget (for either Atk/Def) that you think would work in the game. Give details like; how many of the gadget an operator would have access to, how would the gadget function/what types of strategic gameplay would it allow for, and which operators would have access to this gadget?

I'm looking forward to reading your responses and seeing the trends in your choices, as well as discussing some of your secondary gadget suggestions!

-Feel free to share your thoughts on the ideas of your fellow users but keep it respectful or your posts will be removed-

And as always, feel free to join any of our previous conversations here: R6 Discusses - All Topics

Originally Posted by Ubi-Zoro Go to original post
    1.) Give us your top 2 Atk/Def operators and how you setup their loadouts - which weapons do you prefer to use, which secondary gadget do you choose, and how do you implement these choices into your strategy.
    It's varied lately. Having a degenerative visual condition where glasses don't help, means that not being able to use an ACOG puts me at a disadvantage. I have flirted with the Holo and played well with it, but the ACOG helps me actually see.. thus limiting the number of operators I can use flexibly. I found the Holo forced me to play a rushing playstyle as I couldn't see long distance/details well.

Lately Attack:

1 - Jackal: C7E with ITAS shotgun, smoke. I'd like to see him get either a claymore (preferred) or stun instead of a smoke. The claymore would assist his roamer-clearing potential, and the stun could do so, to a lesser extent.

2 - Ying/Twitch:

(Ying) I've been trying Ying recently because the idea of her gameplay is good, but doesn't work that well. Her Candelas are hit-or-miss. Ideally they need to be slightly more effective. Her LMG is controllable, but to have less DPS than a UMP45 is a bit embarrassing.

(Twitch) She's in a good spot I would say. If anything her drone feels slightly more sluggish, but that may just be my perception.

Past favourites: Blackbeard, but unless with a well communicating team, he becomes far too vulnerable solo due to his changes.

Defenders:

1 - Echo: MP5SD, shield. I use the shield mostly as entry-denial, or forcing the attacker into a vulnerable vault. But I would prefer a nitro cell option. His drone is great for intel and scouting, and a nitro cell would allow him to use soft walls to his advantage.

2 - Doc: MP5, and shield. Similar shield strategy as with echo.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Zoro Go to original post
    3.) Describe a new secondary gadget (for either Atk/Def) that you think would work in the game. Give details like; how many of the gadget an operator would have access to, how would the gadget function/what types of strategic gameplay would it allow for, and which operators would have access to this gadget?
    For Defenders:

1. An incendiary grenade (x1), that would last 10 seconds and provide cover to an area as large as a single doorway. It would impede with vision due to smoke production in the vicinity (extra 1m radius). The smoke is slightly toxic due to phosphorus content - 5 damage a second. Flame diameter 1m, 2-second injure.
    Effect on meta: Makes it easier for 1-speed anchors to hold the Obj. Promotes a steady coordinated attack, instead of last-second rush.

2. Molotov cocktail (x1), lasts 10 seconds, flames cover an area the diameter of a double doorway, minimal impairment in vision through the flames. Same effectiveness as Capitao bolt.
    Effect on meta: Makes it easier for 1-speed anchors to hold the Obj. Promotes a steady coordinated attack, instead of last-second rush.

3. Tripwire alarm (x2). Same appearance and setup as Kapkan trap, does no damage, but spots the enemy instantly for your team and lets out a short, high pitch noise. Does not self-destruct, remains functional until shot by the attackers.
    Effect on meta: Makes it easier for 1-speed anchors to hold the Obj. Also punishes lone-rushing attackers.

For Attackers:

1. Tear gas (x2), the attacker who equips tear gas is immune to it (might need a player model mask to reflect this). Causes red and severely blurred vision, with 5 damage a second inside the gas. The impaired vision returns to normal after 10 seconds of being outside the tear gas. The tear gas itself lasts 10 seconds, and has a 5m diameter. Players affected would produce a loud coughing noise.
    Effect on meta: Promotes coordinated pushes with the team, as only a 1-speed can throw the tear gas and alone a 1-speed will be too slow to make use of it.

2. Automated camera (x1), allows the attacker to place a single camera, similar in appearance to Valkyrie's black eye, but shining green. It automatically spots enemies within its FOV (it re-spots the same enemy every 5 seconds if still within camera view). Every time it spots an enemy it would notify the operator "Enemy detected". Cannot be picked up after being deployed.
    Effect on meta: Fewer careless roamers and 3-speeds running riot, can be used to "watch your back" for you, or to quickly see around a corner by throwing it.

I think these are going to be balanced, especially if they are optional only for 1-speed operators and the less popular 2-speed operators. It would help give 1-speed operators a buff they deserve, give them greater presence in the meta, and slow down the gameplay to the more tactical Siege we all love.

I cycle depending on map and team mates. Mostly use Jaeger, Bandit, Ash, Blitz. But as for gadgets I usually try to get a shield if I can place it orthogonal to an important window, as it completely eliminates entry through that window. 2nd good gadget is Nitro, it's a no-brainer really. If you don't suck completely, you nearly always at least deal damage. With some awareness (e.g. pulse) it is super deadly.

2.) Of the 4 operators you've listed, do you feel any of them could benefit (with maintaining balance in mind) from a different secondary gadget option? Explain why your choice fits the operator.

Jaeger is a roamer. Maybe he shouldn't get a shield. Shield seems more for the static defender.

Attacker: Mirror/Camera on a stick. Same as a drone, but cannot move, though has unlimited uses. Helps to check a room and is totally Rainbow six style. Maybe it can be used also through breakable walls, and stick out at the other side.

Attacker: "Foam-Grenade" that can be thrown and seals drone tunnels, door slits and maybe little holes in a barricade. Helps to hide your feet, when going for the breach. Stops drones from sneaking in the back.

Attacker: "Pepper Spray" or "CS Gas". Makes blurry vision and coughing, but does not damage. Helps to overpower enemies that are not reachable by flash bang.

Defender: Infrared vision, to counter Glaz / Smoke. Shows enemy through smoke.

Oh, and any gadget that helps noobs deal with spawn killing could be worth a thought. In the Operators thread, I suggested something like this:

Operator: "Satellite"
    Has 3 charges. When he activates the charge, all enemy operators that are closer than 2m to a "inside/outside" border are revealed for 5 seconds.

Maybe it could also just be a gadget with 1 charge?

Jackal- i have been using Jackal for a while and i think that he should have a claymore because while he is looking at the foot prints or tracking someone he can put the claymore behind him to protect him from romers.

Buck- instead of the stun i think that he should have a smoke instead because i think with the stun he can stun a room and just run in a spray with the shotgun. but with the smoke people who use him will have to be more careful of what they do and use more tactical tactics instead of old call of duty tactics because R6 is supposed to be played more tactically not noob like.

Jager- i think that jager would benefit from having impact grenades or i know this is a long shot but having a nitro cell. also i think that jager would benefit from having an angled grip because the grip really doesn't do anything to it

Pulse- i have been using Pulse a lot lately because i just bought his elite skin and i think that the shield would be good for him because he could hide behind the shield and when the heartbeat sensor shows someone he can pop up and spray them down this will help people to not just vault over shields and to use their drones more effectively.

Sonic Burst- This gadget temporarily makes all enemies in the location of the blast go deaf.
    Second Idea for the Sonic Burst- make it so that the enemies HUD goes out for 10 seconds
    Third Idea for the Sonic Burst - Temporarily jams all weapons for 6 seconds. This could stop enemies like ash from running into the OBJ and just start spraying

Napalm- similar to smoke or the nitro cell releases sticky napalm slowing enemies down and damaging 10 HP per second and continues for 3 seconds after getting out of the napalm

xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Well with blitz i just use the only pistol he has and the breaching charge, because being able to enter from a route where you only have to deal with a single enemy is way better than using smoke wich also limits your own point of view if you plan on advancing. Same thing with Ying since her gadget was made for breaching so the other option seems kinda unreliable, and since her LMG is pure crap i just take the shotgun at this point.

Well for mute i just take the C4 since it's the obvious pick, and i guess i have been playing a lot of frost, so i jsut take the shield as usual, both of them i switch a lot between the shotgun in SMG depending on the map
     1 people found this helpful

1. Valkyrie - MPX - Holographic - suppressor - vertical grip
    - D50 - laser
    - Deployable Shield
    Montagne - Shield (duh)
    - Revolver - laser
    - Smoke grenades
    2. Montagne should have the choice of breach charges, since he's slow as it is and placing them makes him vulnerable
    Valkyrie should have impacts cuz then sh would have 2 different types of Pokeballs

3. This is a gadget for attackers
    So essentially it's just breaching wire. It is a cord coated with a clay-like explosive that can be placed on unreinforced walls that doesn't blow a large whole but a rectangle (similar to hibana) that cannot be vaulted through unless two were placed. It wouldn't be able to deal any damage to the other side of the wall so it cant get you kills. Also I had the idea for another breaching-tool. So basically it is a little metal square with teeth in the inside edge that would be placed on a non-reinforceed wall. When triggered (much like a breaching charge) it would stert shredding away the wall while expanding outwards to create a perfect square that can be vaulted through but it cannot break open hatches. The reason to choose this over a breaching charge is that it is silent BUT it cannot be used to break open floors or barricades like a breaching charge since it is to heavy for a barricade and doesn't place on floors. For the defenders what about a foam grenade that would work like an impact grenade except you could use it to slow someone down who is running away with the hostage by hitting the ground ahead of them or if you know fuse is going to detonate his cluster charge on the nearby window ou could foam the barricade to stop the grenades (they would essentially just sit their in the foam and detonate). I know this seems unbalanced but if the foam needs oxygen to grow and you threw a smoke grenade, a gas grenade (from Smoke) or even shot it with either of Capitao's arrows it would just disappear. Also be aware that the foam would decay at a decent pace (im thinking anywhere from 7-14 seconds) it would be VERY important not to waste it. But maybe (I really don't know about this idea but that's why we're here isn't it) it would just harden at some point that way if Buck is upstairs blowing up your ceiling you could just patch up the whole. Now that I think about it this could even be an Operator. Finally for my last gadget idea (and this is for the defenders) we could have a new type of barbwire. Lets call this barbwire idea "Ledge-wire". My idea is that with L-wire we could be making a shield less likely to be vaulted by putting barb wire on the top, we could make the windowsill less likely to be vaulted as well, and we could make hatches have a barb-wire ring around them making alot of noise BUT like regular barbwire it can be melee'd but when it is hit it will fall off of it's ledge and become a weaker barb wire (Defenders cannot knock it off) that only needs 1 hit to be gone. Also there would be 3 of these.

Jackal- C7E and i use holographic which is different i usually use ACOG but i started liking the holo. Angled grip Muzzle brake and his shoty because why not

Buck- his AR with ACOG muzzle break

Jager- 416-C Holo (R.I.P ACOG) muzzle break and grip.

rook and or doc- p90 because i have the black ice camo for it. ACOG extended barrel.

Pulse- UMP holo angled grip compensator plz buff the UMP

I'm pretty flexible on what I play, I play just about everyone.
    There's not much very noteable about loadouts, however a nice tip I'd like to give everyone is to run doc with a suppressed pistol, the reduced damage can really help in some situations where you'd want to down an ally on extremely low health. and that deployable shields are a very overlooked option on mira compared to the nitro cell.
    Another thing to note is what muzzle breaks actually do, which isn't explained in the game at all. They greatly decrease recoil reset time, which means you should use them on guns where you may find yourself bursting or tap firing due to recoil a lot. Guns like the C8 and F2 greatly benefit from having a lower recoil reset, as opposed to the negligible raw recoil reduction of the two other muzzles.

In regards to different secondary gadget options, it comes back to the glaz rework and how it colossally messed up smokes and flashbangs. Everyone's basically accepted that this is what it is now, but it doesn't change the fact that it's ridiculous that a rework to glaz would have such a big effect on the game that it would even change other operators. To my knowledge this has never happened in Siege. Thermite with flashbangs is still just so awkward, Jackal with smoke is still very odd, and smoke on Fuze while not too bad, is at a cost of flashbangs, an operator who could actually do with having flashbangs imo. I know this isn't the thread for it, but the thermal vision was enough for Glaz, seeing through smoke has ruined his identity and made him both boring to play and boring to play against.
    On the same topic, I feel that the 2 gadget options per opertator thing isn't as interesting as what the developers are hoping it would be, especially on attackers. Cams get destroyed within seconds of round start so it's not like defenders have that much of an idea on what sorts of grenades are going to be thrown at them earlier in the round. There's some potential for mindplay bere but I'm not convinced it's enough to justify preventing, say, thermite from also being able to select breach charges if he so desired (what's the harm?).
    Anyways, to answer directly without implying some other massive change, I think blackbeard would make more sense with a claymore than flashbangs. Thermite smoke rather than flash. Jackal flash instead of smoke. Hibana breach charge instead of claymore (better for attacking from above, also I feel like hibana is a bit too much of a do-it-all). Montagne claymore instead of smoke grenade. That's all up the top of my head.
     1 people found this helpful

Oh, yeah, about Blitz and shield operators in general: Give em more choices what pistol to take! Blitz only has 1 pistol available!