Cannot Progress The Battle of the Nile Mission

I'm currently stuck on the "Defend Caesar" portion of this mission where you shoot arrows at the oncoming enemies. Once the elephant crashes through, though, I was not able to kill it. After retrying a few times with no success, I had looked up a walkthrough how to get past this and realized that Bayek was supposed to swap to throwing spears soon after. I had tried again but he still did not switch to the spears. I demonstrate this in the video here.

Reinstall or...?

1.try keep shooting it or try look to where he grabs the spear from?

2.try switch his gear to different bows/weapons before the mission?

3.Quit the mission completely? do some side quests and come back?

4.If not i can only realy think to backup your game save and reinstall the game?

UbiFluouise's Avatar Ubisoft Staff
    Hello Assassin. We're sorry to hear that you are unable to proceed. Our team has been investigating reports of similar issues throughout the community and we are working quickly to find a solution. There is currently not a workaround available, however, any information you can provide to our technical support team about this is greatly appreciated. Submit any video, screenshots, or details about what you experienced leading up to this mission not performing as intended and we will continue to look into this further for you. Thank you.

Yeah this is garbage. I've seen reports of this glitch since late October. Albeit I'm no game developer, but I have a tough time buying that it takes over 2 weeks to develop even a basic workaround. Hopefully everyone here learned their lesson to never, ever create a series of missions that will not allow you to return to the general map until you complete the mission.

Cannot Progress The Battle of the Nile Mission

Originally Posted by UbiFluouise Go to original post
    Hello Assassin. We're sorry to hear that you are unable to proceed. Our team has been investigating reports of similar issues throughout the community and we are working quickly to find a solution. There is currently not a workaround available, however, any information you can provide to our technical support team about this is greatly appreciated. Submit any video, screenshots, or details about what you experienced leading up to this mission not performing as intended and we will continue to look into this further for you. Thank you.
    it is now Jan 2018 is this still not fixed? i cant switch to spears ..

McGEEUK

I have the same problem, NO SPEARS. I get desynchronised and return to the chariot. Another problem, I canít exit the battle of the Nile mission, the exit mission function X button doesnít work. A. Is the lack of spears problem going to to rectified this century ? B. How do I exit the mission? C. Should I delete the game, after getting this far (90 plus hours ) and start again ? Or D. Recycle the disc.

Elephant desyncs me every time.

Currently stuck on the Battle of the Nile Misson. Caesar is a really poor driver or this elephant has some super speed.

Once the elephant triggers, it seem to chase for very few seconds, then destroy's the chariot initiating my untimely death.

There is no cutscene or switch to a cut scene. There is no spears for me to throw. Only a bow which I am meant to kill my pursuers with. However, they soon disappear once the elephant arrives.

I've restarted the game, reloaded my objective which just takes me to the start of the mission, only to killed by the same elephant.

How am I supposed to complete the game if it won't progress?

Patch desperately needed.

(PS4)

I too, have had the same issue and tried everything and canít get out of the mission have 115 hrs or more in game at level 40 and stuck. What the****? Why is it taking so long to fix this issue? I thought this was suppose to be the ultimate game in the series so much fun at first then someone dropped the ball. I have red thread after thread from back to Nov, and no patch.

McGeeUK

4 weeks after my last message, a deleted and re-installed game, 100+ hours playing and still canít get the spears to kill the elephant. Surely by now the people we pay could / should have solved the problem. This problem has been known about since November 2017 itís nearly March 2018, how do I get a refund??

Battle of Nile

dear friend,
    I am from india and i started playing from 1st week of January.. now i am at level 39 in the game and facing same issue...i mean I can switch to spear from arrow...but at last i cant kill elephant...before cut scene of 1 second i desychronised... i tried more than 30 times in 3 days.. and i am getting bored now... i message to Ubisoft....what is going on?