1. #1

    Cannot get Assassin's Creed Origins or Unity to launch.

    Whenever I attempt to launch these games, the splash logo pops up on the desktop and it just sits there. Unity at least shows activity in the task manager, showing the CPU ramping up and disk usage ramping up, but then they immediately fall back to 0%. Origins doesn't do anything in the task manager. When I go into Event Viewer, Origins shows an application hang error "The program ACOrigins.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed.". I have been trying to get this to work for three days. I've submitted a ticket with Ubisoft and chatted with them and have done everything they told me to do to no avail. I have a multitude of Uplay games installed on my system, and these two are the only two that don't work. The things I have tried are...

    -Reinstalling Uplay.
    -Moving Uplay to the hard drive that the games are stored on.
    -Moving the games to the drive that Uplay is installed on.
    -Verifying the local game files.
    -Disabling startup processes and background processes that aren't tied to Windows.
    -Reinstalling AC: Unity
    -Disabling Windows Firewall
    -Disabling SLI
    -Updating Graphics Drivers
    -Disabled eight of my CPU cores in the Ryzen Master Application.

    I'm sure that I'm forgetting things, but I'm about at my wits end. Any help is appreciated.
    Share this post

  2. #2

    Similar problem

    I have a similar problem. I found moving the game to the same drive as windows, C: drive, fixes it but it may be impractical if you don't have enough space.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Hmm odd, maybe a ryzen issue? Chipset drivers? anti virus blocking something? game overlays/ shadowplay?
    Have you tried completely cleaning out and then reinstalling the graphics drivers? http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/...-download.html is recommended
    Maybe something in the registry? try CCleaner or something (free)
    I am just guessing some stuff you might not have done yet. If really nothing helps maybe try reinstalling windows.

    And if you have to move the game to the C drive I believe something is wrong in your user account control or something. The other drive is not getting the permissions. But I don't know the details of that.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Since launch day I have not been able to play Origins, and in my testing I also found that Unity wasn't working either for some odd reason despite the fact that I had it working not too long ago. When I go to launch the games the splash screen comes up on the desktop and then the games just sit there and do nothing. I don't hear a "ping", or get an error message as some other users have reported. I have spoken with Ubisoft support on two different occasions, as well as having an ongoing email chain with them. The last time I spoke with them, they said they could provide me with no further troubleshooting steps as I had exhausted them of all of their options. I flat out refuse to do a Windows 10 reinstall because two games don't work. I have six other games in my Uplay library besides these two, on top of about seventy other games between Steam, Origin, GoG, and UWP that all function just fine. When I go to launch either game, I go into my task manager and see that my CPU/Disk usage ramp up a little bit like the game is attempting to start, but then almost immediately it falls back down to zero. AC: Origins prompts an "Application Hang" in the Event Viewer, but not Unity despite almost identical behavior between both programs. I also have AC: Syndicate on my rig and that game boots up just fine. I have attempted the following to figure out this issue.

    -Reinstalling Uplay.
    -Moving Uplay to the hard drive that the games are stored on (D.
    -Moving the games to the drive that Uplay is installed on(C.
    -Verifying the local game files.
    -Disabling startup processes, background processes, and all nonessential programs that aren't tied to Windows. (Clean boot)
    -Reinstalled AC: Unity
    -Reinstalled AC: Origins
    -Disabled Windows Firewall
    -Disabled SLI
    -Updating Graphics Drivers
    -Disabled eight of my CPU cores in the Ryzen Master Application.
    -Disabled eight of my CPU cores in MSConfig.
    -Ensured that DirectX, .NET, and C++ are all installed.
    -Reverted my GPUs to stock clocks.
    -Uninstalled Uplay and AC: Origins/Unity, used CCleaner to clear out registry, reinstalled Uplay and games on my C: Drive.
    -Cross referenced my files in my AC: Origins folder with a friend who also has the game to make sure our files are the same.
    -Installed AC: Origins on my Surface Pro 4 just to see if I could get it to boot there, and it does. (Obviously doesn't run, but I can make it to the home menu.)
    -Disabled G-Sync
    -Uninstalled graphics drivers with DDU in Safe Mode, and did a clean installation of the latest drivers.

    I have been about as thorough as I can be with this problem and at this point I am washing my hands of it. I will not be spending any money on Ubisoft titles for the foreseeable future on my PC until they can figure out how to release games that aren't broken at launch. Even if they patch Origins, I am still left with a copy of Unity that doesn't work.

    System specs below.

    Case: Corsair Carbide Air 740
    Motherboard: Asus X399 RoG Zenith Extreme
    CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X w/ Corsair H100i V2 AIO Liquid Cooler
    GPU: 2 x Asus Strix GTX 1080ti(s) OC'd to 2025MHz
    RAM: 4 x 8GB (32GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200MHz
    Storage:1 x Samsung 960 Evo 250GB M.2 SSD (OS), 1 x Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
    PSU: Corsair AX1200i
    OS: Windows 10 Home x64
    Monitor: 1 x Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync, 1 x Acer Predator XB271HK 27" 4K 60Hz G-Sync Monitor
    Share this post

  5. #5
    ai_ab's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    548
    Have you tried a workaround suggested for the 32 core CPUs?

    https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000031906/
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by ai_ab Go to original post
    Have you tried a workaround suggested for the 32 core CPUs?

    https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000031906/
    Yes. Says so in my posts.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    I just wanted to update y'all.. I was running into this same issue and really wanted to play ACO, so I contacted Ubisoft support chat. After submitting both my DXDIAG and MS Info file, I was suggested to disable any overlay program I might have running. They gave me a list of specific ones that have been known to crash the game after the splashscreen, but my issue was with NZXT's Cam overlay. If anyone would like me to post the full list of programs that were sent, I'd be happy to. Just be aware that your FPS/spec overlay program might be what's causing the game to not launch!
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Did you ever get it figured out? I'm having the same problem with Unity. similar specs except I have a 2990WX and a single 1080ti.


    Originally Posted by Ethan_JL Go to original post
    Since launch day I have not been able to play Origins, and in my testing I also found that Unity wasn't working either for some odd reason despite the fact that I had it working not too long ago. When I go to launch the games the splash screen comes up on the desktop and then the games just sit there and do nothing. I don't hear a "ping", or get an error message as some other users have reported. I have spoken with Ubisoft support on two different occasions, as well as having an ongoing email chain with them. The last time I spoke with them, they said they could provide me with no further troubleshooting steps as I had exhausted them of all of their options. I flat out refuse to do a Windows 10 reinstall because two games don't work. I have six other games in my Uplay library besides these two, on top of about seventy other games between Steam, Origin, GoG, and UWP that all function just fine. When I go to launch either game, I go into my task manager and see that my CPU/Disk usage ramp up a little bit like the game is attempting to start, but then almost immediately it falls back down to zero. AC: Origins prompts an "Application Hang" in the Event Viewer, but not Unity despite almost identical behavior between both programs. I also have AC: Syndicate on my rig and that game boots up just fine. I have attempted the following to figure out this issue.

    -Reinstalling Uplay.
    -Moving Uplay to the hard drive that the games are stored on (D.
    -Moving the games to the drive that Uplay is installed on(C.
    -Verifying the local game files.
    -Disabling startup processes, background processes, and all nonessential programs that aren't tied to Windows. (Clean boot)
    -Reinstalled AC: Unity
    -Reinstalled AC: Origins
    -Disabled Windows Firewall
    -Disabled SLI
    -Updating Graphics Drivers
    -Disabled eight of my CPU cores in the Ryzen Master Application.
    -Disabled eight of my CPU cores in MSConfig.
    -Ensured that DirectX, .NET, and C++ are all installed.
    -Reverted my GPUs to stock clocks.
    -Uninstalled Uplay and AC: Origins/Unity, used CCleaner to clear out registry, reinstalled Uplay and games on my C: Drive.
    -Cross referenced my files in my AC: Origins folder with a friend who also has the game to make sure our files are the same.
    -Installed AC: Origins on my Surface Pro 4 just to see if I could get it to boot there, and it does. (Obviously doesn't run, but I can make it to the home menu.)
    -Disabled G-Sync
    -Uninstalled graphics drivers with DDU in Safe Mode, and did a clean installation of the latest drivers.

    I have been about as thorough as I can be with this problem and at this point I am washing my hands of it. I will not be spending any money on Ubisoft titles for the foreseeable future on my PC until they can figure out how to release games that aren't broken at launch. Even if they patch Origins, I am still left with a copy of Unity that doesn't work.

    System specs below.

    Case: Corsair Carbide Air 740
    Motherboard: Asus X399 RoG Zenith Extreme
    CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X w/ Corsair H100i V2 AIO Liquid Cooler
    GPU: 2 x Asus Strix GTX 1080ti(s) OC'd to 2025MHz
    RAM: 4 x 8GB (32GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200MHz
    Storage:1 x Samsung 960 Evo 250GB M.2 SSD (OS), 1 x Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
    PSU: Corsair AX1200i
    OS: Windows 10 Home x64
    Monitor: 1 x Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync, 1 x Acer Predator XB271HK 27" 4K 60Hz G-Sync Monitor
    Share this post

  9. #9

    Same here

    I don't have anything to offer as far as a fix, but I figured I would let you know, you're not alone.

    For reference:

    Win 8.1
    i-3930k
    32 GB RAM
    1060GTX 6GB

    I am having this issue with Origins and Odyssey, and have been through an exhaustive attempt to pin down the problem.

    Clean installs, wiping all local content, moving hard drive location (I can't believe that's even a thing tbh, but I did it), driver rollback, etc, etc, etc.

    Disabling any and all overlays, uninstalling EVGA Precision- I even went so far as to disable the *Steam* overlay.

    I was contemplating a clean Windows install, but nothing else is broken and I am just not doing that over a couple of games in my Steam library.

    70 hours into Odyssey and it just stopped working. I would love for this to be fixed. Odyssey was fun, if a bit shallow and I hadn't even tried Origins yet (bought both at the same time during a Steam sale).

    Good luck with this!
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Doubt a fresh windows install would work. This computer was put together on Wednesday and windows was installed Thursday. But if all else fails I might try it and install Uplay and Assassins creed before anything else. Then install things one by one till it breaks again. But just out of curiosity are you running any hardware monitors? I'm running CAM but have the overlay turned off because I thought that was the problem.
    Originally Posted by Lemondr0p Go to original post
    I don't have anything to offer as far as a fix, but I figured I would let you know, you're not alone.

    For reference:

    Win 8.1
    i-3930k
    32 GB RAM
    1060GTX 6GB

    I am having this issue with Origins and Odyssey, and have been through an exhaustive attempt to pin down the problem.

    Clean installs, wiping all local content, moving hard drive location (I can't believe that's even a thing tbh, but I did it), driver rollback, etc, etc, etc.

    Disabling any and all overlays, uninstalling EVGA Precision- I even went so far as to disable the *Steam* overlay.

    I was contemplating a clean Windows install, but nothing else is broken and I am just not doing that over a couple of games in my Steam library.

    70 hours into Odyssey and it just stopped working. I would love for this to be fixed. Odyssey was fun, if a bit shallow and I hadn't even tried Origins yet (bought both at the same time during a Steam sale).

    Good luck with this!
    Share this post