PC can confirm 2020

I just had an issue where my game "Froze" mid-world exploration.
    It looked like I was coming into a new part of the map.
    I could rotate the camera around the character, but everything in the world was frozen and a "loading" symbol in the corner of screen.
    I waited a few minutes.
    This game always boots fast on my computer, I've logged a dozen hours.
    After 40 minutes exited to main menu, because I could still access pause menu.
    Infinite Loading screen.
    Never main menu.
    Force Quit.
    Reboot computer, try to reload save, infinite loading screen.

Going to try new game, then revert to old save.

i've the exactly same problem. tried every suggestions in this thread. none of them works for me...

the ubi guys are useless.

Same issue on PC in 2020

Same issue, that is, while sailing to Rome and after defeating 3 ships, the infinite loading screen comes.

Level 45, The Hidden Ones is installed.

User Chunkizzo's fix worked (page 8). Just battle the ships slower.

Ubi-Borealis's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by meatie_se Go to original post
    Same issue, that is, while sailing to Rome and after defeating 3 ships, the infinite loading screen comes.

Level 45, The Hidden Ones is installed.

User Chunkizzo's fix worked (page 8). Just battle the ships slower.
    Thank you for sharing your experience, meatie_se, and for sharing that Chunkizzo's fix worked.

I would also recommend that players who encounter this problem try these basic troubleshooting steps.

Same problem.

I'm having the same issue, except mine's right after Bayek says goodbye to Aya near the end. Got the Aya scene done and it refuses to continue. I've hard reset the console and reset the game itself. Haven't tried uninstalling yet, but that's next on my to do list... Don't want to restart because of how far I've gotten.

Edit: After resetting my game again, I went back through the comments of this thread. Tried Chunkizzo's fix and it worked like a charm. Thank you, Chunkizzo!

Ubi-Borealis's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    I'm glad to hear that Chunkizzo's workaround worked for you, Absel123! Thanks for sharing!

I know this game came out a while ago but I bought it recently and I am up to the mission where we battle romans as Aya and we have to sink 3 roman ships and once I do that it takes me to an infinite loading screen. My level is 35

It finally worked. Thank you Chunkizzo for your tip

Ubi-Raziel's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by TriggerJosh Go to original post
    It finally worked. Thank you Chunkizzo for your tip
    Hello! Thank you for confirming that also worked for you, I will share it below for anyone new to this thread.

Originally Posted by Chunkizzo Go to original post
    Ok so I had this issue for about a week. The turn off and on and log in and out doesn’t work and is bs. Once the sequence starts I went past the Roman ships almost all the way to far back then I turned around and engaged the ships one by one. After one ship went down I waited until the guy on the ship made a comment about knocking out the ship, this is key don’t take down another ship until he makes a comment. One at a time and never attacking a different ship other than the one you are focused on. Take your time draw it out so the mission takes a while. This was the only way I got it to get out of forever loading. This really was annoying!

This works! Thank you...

This works!

Originally Posted by Chunkizzo Go to original post
    Ok so I had this issue for about a week. The turn off and on and log in and out doesn’t work and is bs. Once the sequence starts I went past the Roman ships almost all the way to far back then I turned around and engaged the ships one by one. After one ship went down I waited until the guy on the ship made a comment about knocking out the ship, this is key don’t take down another ship until he makes a comment. One at a time and never attacking a different ship other than the one you are focused on. Take your time draw it out so the mission takes a while. This was the only way I got it to get out of forever loading. This really was annoying!