Team Killing

You need to do something about team killing on Rainbow Six Siege itís happening way too often! Maybe implement a ricochet system so it damages the team player shooting you... Or simply turn friendly fire off itís getting beyond a joke you canít play a game without some team member killing you or other team members!
     4 people found this helpful

Ubi-Boat's Avatar Ubisoft Staff
    Thank you for the feedback and suggestions, Xeon_Skyline! This is a suggestion we're seeing more often. I have linked this thread in my report that will be sent to the team.

Dear Xeon_Skyline,

Here below are extracts from my posting on this issue which, I agree with you, is getting beyond a joke. The last sentence of these posts has my suggestion that I am sure will not be implemented. It would be reassuring to think that UBI Soft are trying to counter this problem but I personally am not holding my breath.

In support,

Michael Cox (aka AssuredSaturn44)

Dear Ubi-Boat,

Might I ask what actions you take against these spoilers of the game? Please be specific in your reply. My question to you and your team arises because I have noticed a wide variety of posts complaining of these bullies and team killers who seem to rampage on regardless.

Hey AssuredSaturn44,

If you can provide proof of a player breaking the code of conduct or cheating in the game, we can pass it up to the team for a review. We don't publicly reveal which players get banned or what punishments are taken against individual users, but in cases of cheaters/hackers being proven guilty - they do face penalties, including bans.

It should also be noted that the team is developing improvements to the reporting and punishment systems to better address the levels of toxicity and cheating within the game. We'll have more details on this as the situation progresses.

Ubi-Zoro,

I do understand your need for proof but that, I fear, will not be easy to come by. For example, I played a game this week (I was on the attacking team) and we were suddenly 5 vs 1 during the earl stage of the preparation phase; we assumed a defender was team killing. It was over very quickly and I failed to record the name of the surviving (and presumably killer) defender. There was certainly no time to make a screen capture for evidence even if I had set my system to make such a recording.

It is a pity that you will not inform us of those players you ban or punish. I personally would make a note to leave any game in which their names appear.

I get teamkilled in about 1/3 of the matches I join in Casual gameplay. When I ask "Why the teamkill?" I get replies like it's "Casual, brah" or "Youre a level 241, you should be in Ranked" or "You were last man standing in last round and didn't win (so he shot me with shotgun in Defend prep phase)" It's as if teamkilling should be EXPECTED in Casual gameplay.

Why doesn't UbiSoft banish cronic teamkillers to their own dedicated teamkiller server, like "Escape From New York?" They would have to fight their way back into regular society by NOT teamkilling. If they believe teamkilling is the way R6 Siege should be played, then they will just LOVE it there. Everyone's happy.

SpecterPhoenix's Avatar Senior Member
    They can't turn off friendly fire as that could open a new potential exploit. The common method for no friendly fire is to simply make rounds go through team mates like they aren't there which can be exploited by lining up team mates and firing at defenders making it so one defender is trying to shoot one player, but attempting to avoid two or more bullet streams coming at them. I think Ubisoft should look into doing what Rockstar did, as BEINGaSENTIENT stated, have a server where TK, cheaters, and glitchers are pushed so they get stuck playing with each other while the serious players are able to just play. As pointed out, it would have to be chronic team killers because as I pointed out in another thread, I was playing, shooting at a defender when a team mate strafed left into my stream getting killed, but retaliated next round by killing me even though it was his fault for not paying attention to his surroundings. Something needs to be done, but turning off friendly fire shouldn't be an option.

Also, the ones that equate experience level to meaning you should be in ranked are ill informed. I'm level 51, but it is because I mostly played Terrorist Hunt because I know I'm not that good in PvP and don't want to be the handicap for my team when playing casual on PS4. That said, I still play casual from time to time, like the 7 or 8 matches I did last night.

Ranked team killing

I agree in ranked once in a while you will run into a troller or a few. This wouldn't be that bad if there was a bigger consequence for doing so. for example if you team kill in ranked 20 minuets but it doesnt ban that account only it bans the IP adress so they cant go on an alt account. then the times would go up from 20 mins to 1 hour again not that account but the IP adress from 1 hour to 4 hours then a week then a month then a perma ban. there are probably better soloutions but since i am a console player someone can jump onto an alt account which is free on xbox and troll again. i know this wont be seen by ubisoft officials but if you could up vote this idea if you like it then maybe they can do something about this issue.

Most sites won't ban IPs due to how more and more ISPs are using dynamic IPs. For example, OzzyGamer33, if I had the IP of let's say 192.153.1.244 and they banned it, with my ISP, I could simply refresh my modem and it would give me a new IP of 192.153.1.113, but then they run the risk of if another PS4 owner under the same ISP refreshes their modem and gets 192.153.1.244 they will be banned from R6S without ever even playing it. You get into wider issues if you do wildcard bans of 192.153.1.* as any user on the ISP that gets 0-255 will be banned from R6S due to one troll. So banning accounts is, sadly, the best course of action in this regard.

It's not that hard to reduce team killing in casuals
    You have so many options

Return damage
    Die at the start of next round
    Give the victim the choice of kill now, kill next round, or forgive
    If the player leaves within 5 minutes after a team kill, suspend them

Are any of these not possible to implement?

Your current system doesn't work because it just says to those players that they're still allowed to TK without punishment if they don't do it often

You need to give a lesser but instant punishment so that they dont get away without any punishment for any TKing at all
     1 people found this helpful

Except all those can be abused. For example, I told in another thread where I was in a match, was firing at a defender when a team mate strafed into my bullet stream getting killed and I can only assume he was wanting the kill as he saw I was shooting at the defender when he strafed. Then the next round he killed me and got kicked for it. Your "fixes" would have punished me for his mistake. That is what everyone keeps trying to make others understand, any system put in place for chronic team killers would ultimately affect those who accidentally team kill. It's a punish all or punish none scenario at this point.

And you're worrying about what ifs and stuff that we don't know will happen more than what IS currently happening
    What is currently happening is people team killing because there is no immediate punishment
    Worry about the big problem now and find a way to prevent it and then you can tweak later
    What ifs and theories shouldn't make you afraid or prevent you from dealing with a big problem that is happening for a long time now

I've played shooters all my life and this game is the worst by far in TK and the worst when it comes to punishing those players

I get TKed more in 2 days in this game than months in shooters that implement those systems
    TK isn't something new that just happened with siege

You can even implement a report system for toxic players or teamkilling and issue a temp ban if they are reported enough
     1 people found this helpful