Entrance to crypt on island east of Temple of Sekhmet?

Hey all.

A bit east and south into the lake that is east of the temple of sekhmet, in lake mareotis so to say, you will find a relative big island.
    On that island you will find a "find treasure" activity called something like lost crypt. Its actually called verloren crypte in dutch.
    Any way, there are 2 treasures on that island, one is to be found where the crocodiles roam.

The other should be underground. But the only entrance leading there is blocked with something like bamboo.
    I tried lots of things, like jumping from the pillar, in the hope the bamboo thing like breaks, tried attacking the pillar to no avail in the hope it falls down.

I also dived underwater and swimed across the whole island in the hope to find an entrance, but cannot find it.

Does anyone maybe know how i can get that treasure? Its to be find directly under the bamboo like thing.

I have 2 screenshots so you know where it is:

This is the island on the map

Here you see Senu flying left of the bamboo blocked entrance like thing.

Thanks in advance for helping me

Cheers, Mara
     1 people found this helpful

Spoiler:  Show
    Well it's bamboo or wood. And you have a torch...
    Drop a torch on the wood and watch the flames consume the hatch.

By the way it is pretty neat you helped me also. Somehow I thought the treasure was up in a tree I couldn't reach. With your directions I found out it was indeed below the surface.

Thanks! Will check it out

Sloved!!!

Hi, I was also struggling but it turns out it is pretty simple once you figure it out. All you need to do is stand on top of the bamboo, light a torch by holding right on the D- pad and then drop the torch on to the bamboo by holding R2. I am playing on PS4 so the controls mat be different to you guys 🤗😜

i shot a bow at the wood and it worked for me, hope it helps if you still need to get in there

Locopells's Avatar AC Forum Mod
    Yep the 'Warrier' bows often break these open as well.

You can ride your mount over it to break it as well

Frag_Maniac's Avatar Banned
    If a mere torch destroys the bamboo, tell me why the 2 fire bombs I threw on it didn't? I waited some time to unlock the fire bombs thinking that was the necessary way, only to find Ubi messed up.

bubu39RR's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Frag_Maniac Go to original post
    If a mere torch destroys the bamboo, tell me why the 2 fire bombs I threw on it didn't? I waited some time to unlock the fire bombs thinking that was the necessary way, only to find Ubi messed up.
    also i tried...i will try the other way around. thx.