Why canīt i buy a Xbox One Dowload Version in uplay shop?

Title says it all.
    Why canīt i buy a Xbox One Dowload Version in uplay shop?
    Even on amazon you can buy the disc or the download version.
    I donīt want the disc version and would have gone for the download version and want to combine this with my 100 uplay points -20% off.
    Currently not possible.

Why?

Ubi-Keo's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Unfortunately the Ubisoft Store does not sell digital download games for consoles. I am unable to confirm the reason for this.

I can only recommend purchasing a digital version of the game from the Xbox Store.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Keo Go to original post
    Unfortunately the Ubisoft Store does not sell digital download games for consoles. I am unable to confirm the reason for this.

I can only recommend purchasing a digital version of the game from the Xbox Store.
    Well this is not the answer is was hoping for because this way i can not use my uplay points to get a 20% discount for buying my AC Origins version for Xbox One (to play in on Xbox One X).
    Still... thank you for the answer.

Maybe this is a thing to consider for the future. Amazon sells digital versions for your games.
    Buying games for consoles would be great for console gamers to use the uplay points to their advantage when buying digital versions for consoles (- 20%)

Ubi-Keo's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by FOX_1976_FOX Go to original post
    Well this is not the answer is was hoping for because this way i can not use my uplay points to get a 20% discount for buying my AC Origins version for Xbox One (to play in on Xbox One X).
    Still... thank you for the answer.

Maybe this is a thing to consider for the future. Amazon sells digital versions for your games.
    Buying games for consoles would be great for console gamers to use the uplay points to their advantage when buying digital versions for consoles (- 20%)
    Thank you for your feedback.

i agree i want to get hte doscount on assassins creed odyssey but its not in stock as its a disc version when i want the digital version.

Due to not being able to purchase a digial version i am not going to bother and will wait until the games drops in price.

For me, it's not only the 20% discount you can get with the points, but the discount there is at all.

Last time Odyssey had a discount on the consoles, it was (if I remember it correctly) 33% for the standard, and 30% for the Ultimate Edition on PS4, and 20% for Xbox (30% with Gold Membership)
    Meanwhile, there was a 50% discount in the Uplay-Store.

Now, there is again a 50% Discount for it in the Uplay-Store, and none on the PS4.
    I have almost every AC Game and bought most of them at release, so I would like to get Odyssey as well, but the Ultimate Editon is just too expensive...

UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    Thanks for your feedback guys! We do not control sales on the PSN Store/Xbox Marketplace. Those are generally handled by PS/Microsoft.