🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

I think I know what the Order did to Bayek

Those Order of the Ancient teasers were pretty cool. The full trailer didn't quite live up to it but whatever.
    I have a theory about Bayek's back story:
    "It was the worst day of your life"
    "Do you remember his last smile?"

I have a feeling that Bayek was asked to join the Order at some point due to his skills - possibly as formal transition from medjay to the new regime, as we know he is the last of the medjay. I believe Bayek didn't join because he is loyal to the medjay and as punishment the Order destroyed his village Siwa, killing hs - wait for it - son. That's right, I believe the "do you remember his last smile?' is in reference to his deceased child. Of course, I could be completely off.

Post your theories.
     1 people found this helpful

I agree this feels like his son was killed and he's out for revenge. I wonder if in the story tho maybe they will capture his wife and he will have to free her, or maybe she will die?

crusader_prophet's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by gordon677 Go to original post
    or maybe she will die?
    I'll flip a button if that happens.

I don't think they will stop trying to take out his family. If she is killed (we see her mid game so maybe late game) Beyak will have nothing left that he loved, so perhaps that's when he creates the Assassins.
    But I could be wrong, just have to wait and see.

strigoi1958's Avatar Senior Member
    I think it will be his father who is also his mentor.

Sooxzay's Avatar Member
    It would make sense if its his son. Because that would explain his skills when talking and smiling to children.

And maybe his weird relationship to his wife

RVSage's Avatar Senior Member
    Excellent theory, But that would make it another revenge story, I would love the story to be about his duty as a Medjay, making him go the distance to ensure peace in egyptian society, That would be a better theme than revenge (Which AC has used too many times already)

Originally Posted by RVSage Go to original post
    Excellent theory, But that would make it another revenge story, I would love the story to be about his duty as a Medjay, making him go the distance to ensure peace in egyptian society, That would be a better theme than revenge (Which AC has used too many times already)
    Agreed. I suppose they tried to make it seem different at least by making him older and more experienced and giving him a wife but at the end of the day, you're right, it's still a revenge story. It's all about execution - I can handle a good revenge story if it's told really well but from past experience it's been done in a clunky manner. Altair was a great character because he was just an arrogant, selfish man regaining his honour and trying to rise up the ranks again before discovering his life's mission goes beyond his own vanity. Jacob and Evie had their own personal issues to deal with (Jacob's self destructive nature, Evie's need to push everyone away) even if this was somewhat under-developed but they were ultimately duty bound at least, nothing more. It would be nice to see something like that again.

Originally Posted by strigoi1958 Go to original post
    I think it will be his father who is also his mentor.
    The only reason I say it's his son is because that explains his wife's (forgot her name) emotional investment in this mission.

The novel coming out does say Beyak has a teenage son.

"Egypt, 70BC, a merciless killer stalks the land. His mission: to find and destroy the last members of an ancient order, the Medjay – to eradicate the bloodline.

In peaceful Siwa, the town’s protector abruptly departs, leaving his teenage son, Bayek, with questions about his own future and a sense of purpose he knows he must fulfill.

Bayek sets off in search of answers, his journey taking him along the Nile and through an Egypt in turmoil, facing the dangers and the mysteries of the Medjay’s path."

Oh I read that wrong, Beyak is the teenage boy. My fault. Still can't wait to read this book and play the game a few weeks after this is released.