Hello all,
    I am curious about a P51 I flew against the day before the AEP 2.01 patch came out. I was fortunate to be able to record this pilot in action and would ask you all to watch it and respond with your opinions regarding it's performance. I could NOT find a dive brake equipped on any P51D in my game and wonder how this guy was able to use one.
    When the track starts, immediately hit Ctrl-F8 to watch this guy as he takes off. He's flying at 340 Kph before he clears the end of the runway. Responses would be VERY appreciated.

http://home.comcast.net/~missstrega/UberStang.ntrk

Strega

Hello all,
    I am curious about a P51 I flew against the day before the AEP 2.01 patch came out. I was fortunate to be able to record this pilot in action and would ask you all to watch it and respond with your opinions regarding it's performance. I could NOT find a dive brake equipped on any P51D in my game and wonder how this guy was able to use one.
    When the track starts, immediately hit Ctrl-F8 to watch this guy as he takes off. He's flying at 340 Kph before he clears the end of the runway. Responses would be VERY appreciated.

http://home.comcast.net/~missstrega/UberStang.ntrk

Strega

You never were any good at losing Miss S.

S!

GT182's Avatar Banned
    Strega, what format is the file in?. I can't play it at all. Is there a place where it can be downloaded as an .ntrack to slip into records and watch from ingame?

Thanks

"GT182" / "vonSpinmeister"
    www.bombs-away.net
    "Fly to Survive, Survive to Fly"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GT182:
    Strega, what format is the file in?. I can't play it at all. Is there a place where it can be downloaded as an .ntrack to slip into records and watch from ingame?

Thanks

"GT182" / "vonSpinmeister"

http://www.bombs-away.net
    "Fly to Survive, Survive to Fly"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

GT ... its an ntrk file already, (based on the extension listed). Right click copy save to your disk where you store your ntrk files in IL2 directory, Start game and go to ntrk and look for it in your list.
    :salute:

Right - there is something wrong with the file however - it won't play. I've tried a couple different downloads.

The file is an internal IL2/FB recording. You save it to the IL2/Records directory then start the game offline and select PLAY TRACK.

Nagual, your ZG attitude is coming out. He never shot me at all. I was asked to watch this guy, and it being MY SERVER, I was happy to do so.
    Yes, I hate to lose when something is fishy. Your quick attack without knowing any facts shows alot about you Sir.

I guess you didn't notice that I didn't accuse, but rather asked for other opinions?

The previous day I watched the same model P51 climb from the deck ALL the way up to me and BEYOND, turned and dove on me. I was at 5800m at 410KTAS. I shot his *** out of the sky anyway. TOO BAD I didn't have the recorder on that time.

If any of you are offended by seeing posted tracks, I say TOO BAD! I see this as a great opportunty to OUT those who refuse to fly the game as it came out of the box.

Stregs

I will repost it to my web.
    It was made using FB-AEP 2.0 I assume that tracks are not patch version specific?

I re-posted the track after watching it in track recorder. I DL'd it again and tried to view the downloaded version, but it gives a Null response.

I'm assuming that the web upload is ruining it. I have sent tracks via email with no problem however.

If you want a copy, just email a request to: missstrega@comcast.net and I'll send it that way.
    My Apologies
    Strega

Sorry Miss S - not an attack - just a hello - and a complement - albeit veiled. I too have seen odd things online - esp planes that seem to warp when in trouble - usually it's been a bad connection - rarely oddly consistent - and , like you, I managed anyway. Be interested to see this one. I'll drop you a line. No ill will here.