1. #1

    Okay like Ubijurassic said here is some feedback i would like to have a look at

    So the light spam really does need to be looked at on CONSOLE! Not pc but console because its impossible to react to light spam
    Share this post

  2. #2
    UbiJurassic's Avatar Community Manager
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,434
    I'll get this noted down for the team.

    There's been a lot of feedback on this from players for quite some time. Many players also attribute the quick attack speeds to the removal of time snap. The team is looking into several ways to boost up the attack indication speeds so players can see the direction of an attack as soon as possible.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by UbiJurassic Go to original post
    I'll get this noted down for the team.

    There's been a lot of feedback on this from players for quite some time. Many players also attribute the quick attack speeds to the removal of time snap. The team is looking into several ways to boost up the attack indication speeds so players can see the direction of an attack as soon as possible.
    Thank you i appreciate it and sorry for the inappropiate language i used earlier it was just frustation
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Antonioj26's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,448
    Originally Posted by KaraEyyup Go to original post
    Thank you i appreciate it and sorry for the inappropiate language i used earlier it was just frustation
    They already did do something that helped a ton when the game first came out. It was called timesnap, but they removed it for seemingly no reason without testing it's effects on the pts or getting feedback from the community. Once they got feedback they just said they'll explain what it was but won't be bringing it back and have yet to find a good substitute. Still haven't seen any tangible benefits to its removal but I've seen plenty of negatives.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  5. #5
    UbiJurassic's Avatar Community Manager
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,434
    Originally Posted by Antonioj26 Go to original post
    They already did do something that helped a ton when the game first came out. It was called timesnap, but they removed it for seemingly no reason without testing it's effects on the pts or getting feedback from the community. Once they got feedback they just said they'll explain what it was but won't be bringing it back and have yet to find a good substitute. Still haven't seen any tangible benefits to its removal but I've seen plenty of negatives.
    The reason for it's removal was because it was an older system made during development that, even months before release, had many exceptions programmed into its framework (meaning that there were times where the fight system didn't use it). In order to make sure that player actions happened as fast as they were input, they disabled it. While we don't plan on bringing it back, the team is working to make sure that players are seeing the inputs of their opponents as soon as possible.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by UbiJurassic Go to original post
    The reason for it's removal was because it was an older system made during development that, even months before release, had many exceptions programmed into its framework (meaning that there were times where the fight system didn't use it). In order to make sure that player actions happened as fast as they were input, they disabled it. While we don't plan on bringing it back, the team is working to make sure that players are seeing the inputs of their opponents as soon as possible.
    And I understand that you need to data mine the live servers for the effects of the continual related changes being implemented, in order to know how to continual improve the related things. Unfortunate but understandable.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Will we see a divergence of the programming between pc and console? It seems like it's necessary.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Antonioj26's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,448
    Originally Posted by gj4063 Go to original post
    Will we see a divergence of the programming between pc and console? It seems like it's necessary.
    They've said no hundreds of thousands of times regardless of how necessary it is for the health of both communities
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Antonioj26's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,448
    Originally Posted by UbiJurassic Go to original post
    The reason for it's removal was because it was an older system made during development that, even months before release, had many exceptions programmed into its framework (meaning that there were times where the fight system didn't use it). In order to make sure that player actions happened as fast as they were input, they disabled it. While we don't plan on bringing it back, the team is working to make sure that players are seeing the inputs of their opponents as soon as possible.
    I really don't know much about programming but from a standpoint of practicality wouldn't it have made more sense to find a subsitute for timesnap first to replace it rather than removing it all together? Things are noticeably worse than before where we at seeing 500ms lights coming out are 370ms. Combine that with display lag, human reflexes, guard switch delay, and the terrible input lag on consoles and you can hardly react to them.
    Share this post