That actually have a maintainence cycle in their development. Blizzard software is a perfect example. Diablo, Warcraft are multiplayer games which have had few if any exploitable glitches and when they were uncovered an update was sent out within days. Now Ubi-Glitch on the other hand has been sitting on bugs that are ruining the game, and we are going on 4 months without even a hint of an update for X-Box.

We do however know exactly when their next product is coming out. As a software developer myself, I can understand the pressue on the game developers and testers. This is rediculous however, software development is supposed to be an itteritive process and most of the time is supposed to be spent in testing and maintainence, not development which seems to be the case here. Ubi-Soft please act like you care about you customers, products and reputations and at least acknowledge the bugs and let us know when we can look forward to when, if at all they will be fixed.

Thanks
     1 people found this helpful

That actually have a maintainence cycle in their development. Blizzard software is a perfect example. Diablo, Warcraft are multiplayer games which have had few if any exploitable glitches and when they were uncovered an update was sent out within days. Now Ubi-Glitch on the other hand has been sitting on bugs that are ruining the game, and we are going on 4 months without even a hint of an update for X-Box.

We do however know exactly when their next product is coming out. As a software developer myself, I can understand the pressue on the game developers and testers. This is rediculous however, software development is supposed to be an itteritive process and most of the time is supposed to be spent in testing and maintainence, not development which seems to be the case here. Ubi-Soft please act like you care about you customers, products and reputations and at least acknowledge the bugs and let us know when we can look forward to when, if at all they will be fixed.

Thanks

Ubi Soft is way to big, thats their problem. They have so many branches and co-companies that they can't always spend the needed time on one particular project, as their genre spreads from adventure, RPG, action, etc. I already know for a fact then when I buy a Ubi game, the support is going to be half of what i expected. But they always seem to make the "sounds" good games.

"Forgiveness is between them and God, My job is to arrange the meeting." - John Creasy

I agree that ubi has successfully created some very ambitious games, they need to follow though though. Getting the game into the stores is only half the battle. As far as being "too big", well, take Microsoft for example. Microsoft is one of the biggest companies out there with over 55,000 employees working on god knows how many projects. Yet, they still manage to keep users abreast of exploitable bugs in their OS and fix them in a reasonable amount of time.

I would like to see ubi manage their bugs/customer support in an open and reasonable fashion as opposed to their current method of dealing with it which is complete ignorance.

[This message was edited by beastLight on Mon August 09 2004 at 01:37 PM.]

Good Discussion

Thanks for sharing effective information about Ubi-Soft. Thanks all.