Just_Shogun's Avatar Community Developer

Trials Live Editor Stream - Halloween Homework Challenge 2

‘Tiss the season to be spooky! This month marks the return of the Trials Live Editor stream as a monthly segment on our weekly Friday livestreams. To celebrate we are bringing back one of the best homework challenges from the original run of Trials Fusion editor streams, the Halloween Homework Challenge!

The first time around the challenge was about creating death traps. This time things are a little more broad. We want to see your most terrifying creations but of course there are going to be a few guidelines to keep things interesting. In addition to some basic rules about difficulty and game mode there are three categories including characters, track elements and weapons. Your creation should include at least one item from each category. What are they? Let’s break it down.

Length: Minimum 12 second platinum, maximum 2 minutes
    Game mode: Trials
    Difficulty: Easy, Medium or Hard
    Bikes: Any
    Name: Track name must begin with HH17
    Stipulations: Track must contain at least 1 item from each of the following categories:
    Characters/Creatures Track Elements Weapons
    Witch
    Spider
    Skeleton
    Jack-O-Lantern
    Public Domain Monster
    Death Trap
    Mechanism
    Hidden Area (with clues to find it)
    Epic Jump
    Axe
    Chainsaw
    Machete/Sword
    Flamethrower
    Nunchucks
    Scythe

Of course it’s not a challenge without some rewards. Here’s what you can get:

Top Track: 2,000 Acorns, Trials Fusion Flag, Black Redlynx hoodie & mixed Trials goodies
    Top 3 Tracks: 2,000 Acorns
    1 Submission Chosen Randomly: 2,000 Acorns, Trials Fusion Flag

Deadline for submissions is Tuesday October 31st at 5pm EET (click for local time). Submissions will be reviewed live on a special Halloween live stream starting Tuesday October 31st at 5pm EET. Tracks uploaded during the stream may be accepted at judge’s discretion.

Get to building! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

1 people found this helpful

Good thing I checked on PC as well. There's a formatting issue on the mobile ubi forums where the list of weapons doesn't show.

Sounds like a fun challenge though now that I know the full rules I'm hoping that this isn't the last challange of this kind <3

Devils_Demon's Avatar Member
    Yeah I noticed yesterday that I couldn't see the third column of the conditions. Could just barely see the first character of each word. A way around that is to copy that block of text and paste it into any text field in your phone.

Here's the third column:

Axe
    Chainsaw
    Machete/Sword
    Flamethrower
    Nunchucks
    Scythe

Anyway, yeah I'm gonna enter for sure. Nothing planned yet though. Not even started yet but I'll get it done.

I have a questionn:]

I am really looking forward to play all the great tracks.But i have a question.Would Stephen Kings "IT" be considered as a public domain Monter or not?If not then i might have a problem...Thanks for an answer beforhand^_^

Originally Posted by littlecactuss Go to original post
    I am really looking forward to play all the great tracks.But i have a question.Would Stephen Kings "IT" be considered as a public domain Monter or not?If not then i might have a problem...Thanks for an answer beforhand^_^
    Sorry, public domain refers to characters that are not protected by copyright so Stephen King's IT would not count. Here are a few resources to help with public domain monsters:

Info on Public Domain Characters http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...omainCharacter
    List of Public Domain Monsters http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Monster_Characters

Good Luck,

Sweet. Love it when you guys set up homework challenges. Hope a good amount of people try their hand at this one.
     1 people found this helpful

I have the KISS band characters painted on Pumpkins, looked it up and it says its not copyrighted as long as i dont use the KISS logo, is this gonna be ok?

I’m not sure about that one, lionden. Can you share me a link to where you read that?

well unlucky me, i cant find the article directly about it, only that you cant copyright your face. i'll just alter it all just a bit so there wont be a issue for the HH17 release, no biggie.