Zoro's Avatar Community Representative

R6 Community Discusses - Best Practices & Pet Peeves

Hello and welcome back to the R6 Community Discusses Series!

The goal of this series is to open conversation on specific topics so players can share their feedback, suggestions, and share tips&strategies with their fellow players. We encourage newer players to ask questions and for our more experienced users to offer whatever advice they can on the subject. Any posts that detract from the discussion, target other users specifically, or are offensive in general will be removed.

This week we are going to be focusing on "Best Practices & Pet Peeves"

Let me explain what I mean with these prompts:

Best Practices:

1.) What are some tactics or strategies you've adopted for Siege in general? Ex: "Always use the compensator with X weapon" or "double Frost-trap Y window on this objective"
    -These can be for any operator, any map, etc.

2.) Do you remember any lessons you learned that helped you take a step forward in Siege? Did you overcome a plateau by adopting any tactic or strategy? When did it 'click' for you?

3.) If you could share 1 piece of advice for a newer player to help them improve, what would it be?

---

Pet Peeves:

4.) What is something that other players do that bothers/frustrates you? This could be regarding enemy or ally players.
    *I'm sure the first answer that comes to your mind is going to be "teamkill / griefing" but since that is pretty obvious, let's focus on actions other than these.

5.) What is something you find yourself doing unintentionally that you're trying to work on? Ex: I used to place my gadgets too close to walls and they'd end up being destroyed by the reinforcements, it was a bad habit that I have thankfully shaken.

6.) If you could suggest 1 action/habit for a new player to avoid, what would it be?

*Please keep in mind, you don't have to agree with other users, but you do need to respect their opinions. Any disrespectful comments will be deleted.

I look forward to seeing all of your feedback and responses!

All of our previous discussions can be found here: R6 Community Discusses - All Topics
     1 people found this helpful

feffreyfeffrey's Avatar Banned
    My biggest Pet Pevee is players that watch the same way and players that do not change operators that's dropping 0 kills.

The best practice I've learned is setting traps at common rush spots and or running out on players at spots where they run to approach the building
     2 people found this helpful

Zoro's Avatar Community Representative
    Thanks for your input Feffrey!

*I had you in mind when I put the bit about Frost in the prompts.

1.) What are some tactics or strategies you've adopted for Siege in general?
    I have trained myself to almost always control my shooting to 2-3 round bursts and pair all the weapons that I can with muzzle brakes so I can control weapon accuracy as best as possible. As for gadgets I don't place Kapkan's EDDs at objective entrances anymore because they are too obvious, so I tend to place them at doorways just off from objective but are tactical paths to throw attackers off guard. Frost traps never go directly under windows anymore, I place them just slightly off from the window so that it has a high likely hood of catching somebody without them vault-shooting them out.

2.) Do you remember any lessons you learned that helped you take a step forward in Siege?
    I have definitely learned a few tricks from other players as they get used against me; then I take note and use them myself and find some of them surprisingly useful. One such example is on Club House. When defenders take objective in the 2nd floor bedroom/weight room, I learned to make use of the small opening just between the wall reinforcement and ceiling on the West wall and generally use Blackbeard to blow a small hole and peak the entire hallway.

3.) If you could share 1 piece of advice for a newer player to help them improve, what would it be?
    One piece of advice I would share with a new player would be to always pay attention to what other experienced and veteran players do whether they are an ally or enemy (as long as they are a respectable player though, no trolls). Make note of their gadget placement and uses, the angles they hold, how they approach certain objectives, and how they make and/or respond to tactical call-outs. Then in the future try to mimic them and fine-tune them to what would work better for your play style. Just remember that if you get utterly out-played and beaten, don't rage quit, use it a lesson on how/what you should improve.

4.) What is something that other players do that bothers/frustrates you?
    Something that really frustrates me is when an ally charge in, dies, then at least one other teammate does the exact same thing one second later. Next thing you know, you're the last survivor and it's only been 10 seconds into the round. Or when defending it gets down to one teammate left, attackers are taking objective and the last teammate doesn't even try to defend. I know and everybody else knows you probably won't succeed but you have to at least try. Yeah I'll be disappointed that you failed and we lost the round but that's okay. I'd be pissed off at you if you don't try.

5.) What is something you find yourself doing unintentionally that you're trying to work on?
    One thing I know I have problem with is being a bit too overzealous with some of my firefights. I'm engaging an enemy and I know I absolutely have to just back off and regroup but another part of me is just like "GO FOR THE KILL, YOU ONLY HAVE 3 BULLETS LEFT THEY ALL KNOW WHERE YOU ARE AND THERE IS 4 OF THEM OUT THERE, IT'S AN EVEN FIGHT! HAHA" .001 seconds later insta-killed while trying to peak. I do this far too often than I want to admit.

6.) If you could suggest 1 action/habit for a new player to avoid, what would it be?
    Fairly similar to my pet-peeve. When attacking, Don't go charging in like a blind idiot. Doing that will only result in you being killed way to early, it's never fun to spend most of the match spectating. Just hang back a bit and try to follow and support your allies. As for defending, It's okay for a new player to experiment with roaming. However start off small, roam near the objective and at least try to get in and help defend when attackers are taking objective.

feffreyfeffrey's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Zoro Go to original post
    Thanks for your input Feffrey!

*I had you in mind when I put the bit about Frost in the prompts.
    Blushes well Thank you. Trap operators are my favorite
    I forgot to mention another pet peeve is not giving call outs

My biggest pet peeve is choosing a shield over barbed wire. And Bandit with C4. I don't really understand why PS4 players (Gold tier) have an aversion towards barbed wire.

4.) Opening my Mira-window at the start of the round without any reason ... and then die or going away, Mostly done by new players.

6.) Dont do 4. - it makes me really mad. And watch your fire. And if you cant and hurt a teammate write/say at least a little excuse.

1. I've been using Castle more and more, and while he does need a buff, I greatly underestimated his abilities. The best strat for Castle is to barricade a room adjacent or close to Objective. Use 2 castles and save the 3rd one for repairs or for emergencies. Now guard the objective from the opposite room. I find it to be very useful.

2. A piece of advice to new players: Don't run outside when its 3v1 or 4v1. Let the last attacker come to you.

3. Pet Peeve is definitely people who wait 2:30 minutes to set down their gadgets. That's so annoying.

Best Practices:

1.) What are some tactics or strategies you've adopted for Siege in general?
    - I tend to like doing a bit of drone parkour so that my drone is higher up on walls. They seem do be noticed and destroyed less this way if you can get them where you want them unnoticed. One of my favorite spots is on Border, where you can jump up onto the reception desk in main lobby hallway, onto the time card/pamphlet holder on the wall, then up into one of the little rectangular gaps high on the wall and finally on top of the air ducts along the ceiling. Once up there, you get a mean miew of the east side of workshop through another of those rectangular Windows from atop that duct. Never had a drone up there destroyed.

- rather than blowing a full on killhole in a soft wall, sometimes I like to just shoot a few regular teeny tiny bullet holes so that I can just barely see through with my ACOG.

- Similar to the last one, I will just pepper a soft wall with bullet holes so that I can see movement on the other side. This comes in quite handy on, say, House when you're defending garage and want to guard from the laundry room. Riddle the wall facing the side stairs with fire, making sure not to actually break the wall, and wait. This works best if you fire from the spot you plan to sit on while camping the room, because the light from the other side only peeks through at the angle you fired from.

2.) Do you remember any lessons you learned that helped you take a step forward in Siege? Did you overcome a plateau by adopting any tactic or strategy? When did it 'click' for you?

Pixel peaking. Keeping your line of sight on a door/window/whatever so that you're basically just looking through a little slit.

Drone as much as possible and watch those corners.
    ---

Pet Peeves:

4.) What is something that other players do that bothers/frustrates you? This could be regarding enemy or ally players.

- Run outs and spawn peeking drive me nuts sometimes.

- Teammates who on defense will just run to the nearest door in the obj and board the team in. Bonus points toward annoyance when it's Castle.

- Teammates who start with the defuser when attacking on bomb and just wander off on their own and get killed on the complete opposite side of the map from the defuser. Having to go in after the defuser can be a pain in the a and cost your team the match. I generally try to stick with the carrier, but when I don't and this happens... Ugh.

5.) What is something you find yourself doing unintentionally that you're trying to work on?

Peeking again too much when I miss killing an opponent on the first peek.

Try to keep your prep-phase drone alive rather than trying to mark spam for a measily 5 points.

Oh god, pet peeves here we go boys.
    1. When you reinforce a wall and expect to use your second reinforcement on the wall next to it, but some other chummer decides to reinforce that wall instead and you're both forced to walk across the room to use your last reinforcement on a different wall, or even if you have to 'leap frog' over eachother to reinforce alternating parts of the wall. It's such a stupid waste of time for the both of you and it can really hurt operators like Jager, Frost and Caveira since prep phase time management is really important to those operators.

2. When people play Castle or Mira and don't understand how their gadget placement can impact their own team. I hate Mira players especially when they just plop a mirror on a wall without thinking and it ends up becoming a free peeky hole for the attackers to use against you. ESPECIALLY when they know there's a twitch on the enemy team and they can't be bothered to religiously defend their mirrors.

3. General lack of callouts, especially really easy ones where the person that should be doing the callout isn't really even under any stress or threat.

4. Thatchers that run off their own direction away from Thermite/Hibana, and Thermites that run away their own direction from the main entries.

5. Others who spot with your drone. giving away its position. You seriously should not get any points for directly spotting in itself (especially during prep phase if anything), it's such a stupid design. It's a reward for something of zero benefit.

6. People who barricade windows and doors at the very start of a round, doors and windows their allies actually have to use to go around and do their stuff. It's another waste of time, -2 seconds for the one that placed the barricade and -2 seconds for the chum that has to tear the barricade down to do their thing.

It really just runs down to general lack of thought and lack of thoughtfulness.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►