Assasin's Creed Companion Apps & IOS 11!?!

Anyone know if there will be recompiled 64-bit versions of the companion apps released? I'm still working my way through Black Flag & Unity. I'd hate to see the companion apps dissapear with Apple's iOS update coming this month.

Can we get some attention to this?
     1 people found this helpful

AC Unity - Companion

I sent in a message directly to Unbisoft support, here's the response:

Paul C @Ubisoft Support wrote: 20/09/2017 @ 16:57
    Thank you for reporting this issue. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

This issue has been forwarded up to the development team for further review.

I re-read this as, "We have no intension of putting any more money in to this app as the game is three years old. Don't buy Apple next time."

Thanks! Considering the upgrade is all I can ask. It's likely a pretty easy fix, and they do continue to sell and repackage these two games. So it's in their best interest.

True words have never been spoken!
    Sadly, myself, I lost interest in the game without the companion app.

I’m really hoping they update the apps... definitely annoying that a big company like this wouldn’t do it.. it even says if you click what devices can use it, the iPhone 8,8 plus and X are on the list even though they launched with iOS 11... so as a technicality they would have never been able to use them... I want justice..

I so hope for an update.

Just stattet to play the game again and would love to use the app again.

Still waiting for a companion app update in 2019 for Unity and Black Flag.... (This is not really a necro because it is still the exact topic at hand... no point making a whole new thread)

Having worked with programming, updating these apps to 64-bit would literally take a Dev about an hour of work tops. Then it will last them YEARS because 64-bit isnt going anywhere soon...

I'm about 30% of the way through Black Flag and would love the companion app... And now I just got Unity due to it being free and again I discover an outdated companion app...

It doesn't matter of these games are 3-4 years old, they are still selling them and they are plenty popular enough to warrant 30 minutes of time per app update.

I know they dont really add much, but seriously, for the amount of work it would take to reactivate the feature it just makes Ubi look lazy... even a tiny independent developer would have updated an app for their game by now (assuming they are still in business and selling their game)... a multi-million dollar company cant spare 1 guy for an hour to make a quick change?