Highlander question!

On the highlander moveset you have something called " Defensive form light openers ( light opener attacks have superior block)" what does this mean.

Please don't reply with your offensive light attacks are not interrupted when blocked because that's not the answer and I already no that .

All help is appreciated thanks

xNioh's Avatar Junior Member
    its like the warden top light .
    when your enemy throw attack on you, you can throw a light attack on him and counter him.
    timing just like a parry, but instead a parry, throw a light attack.

Just basically a party then lol okay nice one mate

Careful. It is not the same as parry timing. You do a 600 ms attack. 100-400 ms during the attack, you get your superior block property. Parry though does not get a 100 ms delay. So don't try to counter fast lights on reaction. Will just get you hurt.

UbiJurassic's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by xNioh Go to original post
    its like the warden top light .
    when your enemy throw attack on you, you can throw a light attack on him and counter him.
    timing just like a parry, but instead a parry, throw a light attack.
    Originally Posted by Herbstlicht Go to original post
    Careful. It is not the same as parry timing. You do a 600 ms attack. 100-400 ms during the attack, you get your superior block property. Parry though does not get a 100 ms delay. So don't try to counter fast lights on reaction. Will just get you hurt.
    Thanks for helping him out guys! Some of the terminology in-game can be confusing, so it's great to see community members step in to help!

The_B0G_'s Avatar Senior Member
    It's definitely something you need to practice as a HL, with being able to pull off crushing counter, you'll be wrecked by assassin light spam. My reflexes aren't good enough to pull it off consistently so I had to stop playing him.

One person online told me that you needed to match their stance before they attack in order for the crushing counter to work. Not sure if thats true though.

Against heavy attacks potentially rewards you with better results than parry, since it deals 30 damage, easy to time, and also offers additional mixup opportunities for less stamina cost -- whereas a heavy parry usually results in a straight-up mixup opportunity with only a OF-light for 10 damage as guaranteed.

Against lights... it's basically more of anticipated attack than a conscious counter. Against 500ms attacks or faster, in many cases you basically anticipate and use it even before you've seen the opponent's attack indicator... so in this regards a parry would be actually preferred since its generally safer and easier to pull off, and also rewards you a guaranteed 30 damage.