hi all, sorry if this is posted in wrong forum area, but could someone please give me some help understanding some of the different config settings.

under [window] section

i assume the ones assigned 0 or 1 are on or off

what do the following control?
    draw if not focused
    use3renders

in [game] section

highgore?
    viewset?

and under both direct x and opengl

hardwareshaders?

any info much appreciated

i am on a compaq laptop with mobility ati radeon 9200 card with 6.14.10.6458 driver

right now i play offline and want to know which of opengl or directx settings will give me prettiest looking game (performance is fine at all high settings)

also is there a way to set config so default cockpit view is wideview?

some of you may have seen my other posts under the wide screen support topic? i like playing in a windowed mode with a letter box proportioned view (like widescreen cinema) this game is beautiful - but from exterior view when planes go through clouds, some type of clipping or graphics glitch occurs with clouds (the white transparent area only draws at square proportions - not right to outer edge of windows) anyone know if this can be corrected with any settings in config?

sorry for the long winded post - look forward to some helpful info - is there a full description of config options somewhere?

ron baron

hi all, sorry if this is posted in wrong forum area, but could someone please give me some help understanding some of the different config settings.

under [window] section

i assume the ones assigned 0 or 1 are on or off

what do the following control?
    draw if not focused
    use3renders

in [game] section

highgore?
    viewset?

and under both direct x and opengl

hardwareshaders?

any info much appreciated

i am on a compaq laptop with mobility ati radeon 9200 card with 6.14.10.6458 driver

right now i play offline and want to know which of opengl or directx settings will give me prettiest looking game (performance is fine at all high settings)

also is there a way to set config so default cockpit view is wideview?

some of you may have seen my other posts under the wide screen support topic? i like playing in a windowed mode with a letter box proportioned view (like widescreen cinema) this game is beautiful - but from exterior view when planes go through clouds, some type of clipping or graphics glitch occurs with clouds (the white transparent area only draws at square proportions - not right to outer edge of windows) anyone know if this can be corrected with any settings in config?

sorry for the long winded post - look forward to some helpful info - is there a full description of config options somewhere?

ron baron

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    ATI 9200 here

Post your "conf" file here.

Make a backup of your "conf" file and cut~n~paste this into yours (after Deleting your OpenGL listing).

Make sure you make backup copy and store somewhere else.

---------------------------------

[Render_OpenGL]
    PolygonOffsetFactor=-0.15
    PolygonOffsetUnits=-3.0
    TexQual=3
    TexMipFilter=2
    TexCompress=0
    TexFlags.UseDither=1
    TexFlags.UseAlpha=0
    TexFlags.UseIndex=0
    TexFlags.PolygonStipple=1
    TexFlags.UseClampedSprites=0
    TexFlags.DrawLandByTriangles=1
    TexFlags.UseVertexArrays=1
    TexFlags.DisableAPIExtensions=0
    TexFlags.ARBMultitextureExt=1
    TexFlags.TexEnvCombineExt=0
    TexFlags.SecondaryColorExt=1
    TexFlags.VertexArrayExt=0
    TexFlags.ClipHintExt=0
    TexFlags.UsePaletteExt=0
    TexFlags.TexAnisotropicExt=0
    TexFlags.TexCompressARBExt=0
    TexFlags.TexEnvCombine4NV=0
    TexFlags.TexEnvCombineDot3=0
    TexFlags.DepthClampNV=0
    TexFlags.SeparateSpecular=0
    TexFlags.TextureShaderNV=0

HardwareShaders=0

Shadows=2
    Specular=2
    SpecularLight=2
    DiffuseLight=2
    DynamicalLights=0
    MeshDetail=2
    VisibilityDistance=3

Sky=2
    Forest=3
    LandShading=3
    LandDetails=2

LandGeom=2
    TexLarge=1
    TexLandQual=3
    TexLandLarge=1

VideoSetupId=9
    Water=2

---------------------------------

sky=0 is no clouds
    sky=1 is Simple clouds
    sky=2 is Detailed clouds

For me,...

TexFlags.UseClampedSprites=0 draws "Detailed" clouds 20km to the map horizon--twice as far as the Default "Detailed" clouds.

TexFlags.DisableAPIExtensions=1 changes the high 7km cirrocumulus clouds into washed out cirrus looking clouds...useful for a different sky appearance for missions.

"You will still have FB , you will lose nothing" ~WUAF_Badsight
    "I had actually pre ordered CFS3 and I couldnt wait..." ~Bearcat99
    "Gladiator and Falco, elegant weapons of a more civilized age" ~ElAurens
    :
    "Damn.....Where you did read about Spitfire made from a wood?
    Close this book forever and don't open anymore!"
    ~Oleg_Maddox

lexx thanks for the reply - i have given a try but i must be doing something wrong because it looks a lot worse than when i use the direct x option?

under the ubi soft program when i run the setup portion, i choose opengl, but am not sure which of the multitude settins to choose next (ati, custom, safe, max, default??? etc. etc. - how do you set up that portion? and by the way is it possible to physically harm my lap top (since the card is built in) can i burn out my graphics card? or permanently melt something inside the machine - or will it cut out if it overheats?

more help please? ron baron