Zoro's Avatar Community Representative

R6 Community Discusses - Alpha Packs

Hello and welcome to another edition of R6 Community Discusses!

The goal of this series is to open conversation on specific topics so players can share their feedback, suggestions, and share tips&strategies with their fellow players. We encourage newer players to ask questions and for our more experienced users to offer whatever advice they can on the subject.

*Any posts that detract from the discussion, target other users specifically, or are offensive in general will be removed.*

The topic for this week is Alpha Packs!

Feel free to use some of these talking points, or just share your thoughts as you please:

1.) How do you feel about the Alpha Pack system as a free reward system for playing R6?

2.) What do you think of the packs being available for Renown? Do you think the price is fair?

3.) Have you run into any issues with the packs? Explain.

4.) What have been some of your favorite items that you've won through packs? *Pictures and Reaction videos are welcomed!*

5.) Are there any features you think would improve the Alpha Pack system?

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts and discussing this further with you all!

You can also join in any of our previous discussions here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ses-All-Topics

Hi guys.

1.) How do feel about the Alpha Pack system as a free reward system for playing R6?

Pretty cool & smart. May avoid people from leaving games in the middle of it just so they are sure their percentage of chances to get AP increases. It's just a bonus & it's cool.

2.) What do you think of the packs being available for Renown? Do you think the price is fair?

I play R6 a lot so i've got a lot of renown, from my point of view, prices are fair but maybe a lower level should find it expensive. Also, we need a 100 AP pack & if i'm right, your 20 or 25 AP pack is same price as if you bought it individually (sorry if my english is bad).

1/ With the 0 points bug at the end of a match, if you win the AP, you won't have it, like renown.
    2/ When my mate who was the leader of the team (only one who can launch matchmaking) left a game at the screen of the "chance roulette" (lol, sorry for this word), I had the AP but because he left the game it doesn't gave it to me.

4.) What have been some of your favorite items that you've won through packs? *Pictures and Reaction videos are welcomed!*

Black Ice for Ash G36, Lévrier mask for Smoke and a lot of horrible skins (just kidding, but, not my style). Here is a wonderful pic of me -->

Sure. Five.

1/ Tag some rewards as "Alpha Pack exclusive" so you know you've got something you couldn' t have somewhere else in the market.

2/ Add Holo / Acogs / etc... With colors to fit perfectly with our existing skins.

3/ it would ask some work, but, add some "body parts" with colors to really make our agents exclusive, like: knee / shoulder / feet / gloves protection in red / blue ...

4/ A gold AP, with renown in it (like 15.000 / 20.000 pts)

5/ A blood AP, with bad news in it, like "you can't play for 15mn" or "you can only play shields for 3 next rounds" ... (Hmm. Sure, i'm kidding for this blood AP but, a bad AP should be something to dig, no ? .... No. Never mind )

That's all for me. Keep on the good job (but save the maps ;p )
     1 people found this helpful

1.) How do feel about the Alpha Pack system as a free reward system for playing R6?
    they're pretty good yeah. Maybe the system could be tweaked here and there, no word from me on how, maybe some other people would have ideas about that.

it's good, price is fair but there should be a discount for bulk buying. I will be disappointed to see them available for R6 credits, it will detract from the exclusivity of any of the unique items from the alpha packs, obviously I understand it from a business perspective.

n/a

I got the "Plating" skin for the MK17CQB, but I don't really play Blackbeard. Black Ice for the OTs-03, G8A1 and 9x19VSN. The 9x19VSN being the only one of those I use with any frequency.
    I have the Diamond universal skin so that sets the bar pretty high for what I'll be willing to swap it out for.

Teamkill = +roll% for the victim, reset to 0% and lose a roll for the perpetrator. Roll losses stack, so for each teamkill they'll have to play a win without a roll. Reset to 0% requires being kicked for team/hostage kill

Not exactly with the alpha pack system but with the inventory system itself, It's kind of annoying to have to go through each operator, each weapon, each headgear, uniform, weapon skin, weapon charm. We need an inventory pool page that shows you all of the items you own, you select the item and it gives you a list of operators to apply it to, including a universal application option for universal skins/charms. Also an option to "apply item now" when opening alpha packs.

I like it. It's one of the nicest things to have been added to Rainbow Six: Siege in recent times. Not only does it add a bigger sense of being rewarded at the end of matches that you've won, it also adds incentive to those who like to leave mid-match to not do so, as then they'd be missing out on increasing their chances of getting an alpha pack on a win.

The fact that you can only get alpha packs with renown (which can only be earned in-game as well) and a roll for one you get from winning is fantastic - personally it's motivating to see that Ubisoft didn't turn Alpha Packs in to a R6 Credit purchasable item, and I hope they never will. The renown price is very fair; you've pretty much hit a sweet spot in terms of its pricing.

Nothing that hasn't been fixed already. Which is nice.

I got a Training Dummy charm during the free weekend (time span which I consider to be full of "training dummies", heh).

I can't think of any, honestly. I'd say keep it as it is and never make Alpha Packs available for anything else than renown. Also, don't make renown purchasable with real money or R6 Credits, and you've got a keeper.

Sgt Astor's Avatar Senior Member
    1) I really like it
    2) I think the price is fair, because you get get items which can only be purchased for rainbow credits
    3) No
    4) Plasma pink, alpha pack charm
    5) I think season pass shoud give 2% bonus, not 0.30

Apie8ZA's Avatar Member

I like it a lot. It gives another aspect to the game and makes winning so much more fun. And even if you lose a match, you still get rewarded for completing the game and not quitting early.

This makes perfect sense. I have bought 25 AP's with renown, and this will be what I will be spending my extra renown on.
    I do think that the price is a bit expensive. 5000 renown is a lot especially if you get a Common level duplicate. Thanks why I have only bought at the discounted price once I had enough to buy 25.

Biggest complaint is the 0 Renown, 0 Additional Chance glitch. Had it happen a couple of times, once three matches in a row, thus my chance of getting an AP was 6% lower than what it should have been after that specific set of games.

Anything that I get with regards to Valkyrie is enjoy. My favorite would be the Valkyrie Chibi charm.

It would be nice if after server outages, where renown boosters are activated, that we can have AP chance boosters. Basically, if the servers are down, you lose on renown for games not played, but you also lose on the additional chance % you would have received for completed games. This could also apply for special events or weekends, for instance to celebrate the end of season pro league with a additional 0.5% AP chance boost after every completed match during that weekend.

There's one big problem I have, black ice or other seasonal skins only getting unlocked for one particular gun. I totally get that they shouldn't be unlocked as universal skins, otherwise it kinda screws over the early adopters. My big issue is that you probably have a 1/50 chance or so of unlocking a black ice skin, and multiply that by the chance of having it on a gun you'd actually want it to be on. I really want black ice in the C8, but I have something like a 1/2500 chance of unlocking the skin for the very specific weapon I want it on. Either give us a very rare chance to get a black ice token (legendary drop maybe) so we can pick our own black ice skin unlock, or let us craft the skin by exchanging 2 or 3 different black ice skins for a specific one I'd want.

It would be fun if renown boosters could be found in alpha packs.

It would be great if there was a link to equip whatever is unlocked.
     2 people found this helpful

DarthCynical's Avatar Senior Member

It's definitely a step up over the feeling that you're grinding for days just to buy a single weapon skin

Buying AP with renown is fine. I had almost 200,000 saved up when they came out, not for them so much, but just because I've been playing so long that I pretty much have most of the skins and charms I want for all operators.

Just a lot of duplicates. Kinda sucks to get duplicates in more than half of your 180,000 renown 50 pack.

A red velvet cupcake charm with a big, shiny strawberry on top. The firefly universal skin

I like the idea Apie had above for penalizing team killers by not allowing them a roll. Adding 1-day renown boosters to the potential prize pool would be nice.
     2 people found this helpful

I think the rate in which you get % is too low.. A win in casual lets say 5% a Loss 2.5 or just 2%

Ranked a Win can take MUCH MUCH longer or No time at all if you stomp the enemy but Generally once you are in the right range its a long game over and over again you should be getting 10% per win 5% per loss

Also LOVE the idea of putting a booster in the alpha pack pool that'd be great
    Let's say 1 hour booster as a common that activates immediately or whatever and maybe a 6 Hour at Rare tier and 24 Hour at Legendary/Epic Tier
    that can be activated at any time

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►