DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team

New packs from existing singles

Hey all. We've mentioned in the past that we put songs into packs whenever we can, but we need special permission to do so. For every Variety Pack, for instance, all those artists need to approve their songs being sold alongside the others in the pack. This was something we got better at requesting as time went on, but there were a bunch of singles in the earlier days that were unavailable in packs because we didn't have the necessary permissions.

Well...we do! Our team has been able to clear pack permissions for some of the singles in our library. So starting tomorrow, you will see a few "new" packs of songs for sale that were previously only available as singles. If you're looking to save a few bucks in the same genre or era, a few of these might be for you:

1. Power Ballad Song Pack (5-pack: Cinderella, Tesla, Extreme, Boston, and Poison)
    2. Classic Riff Song Pack (5-pack: Rick Derringer, Warrant, Styx, Dio, and Motörhead)
    3. Arena Rock Song Pack (5-pack: Poison, Billy Squier, Autograph, Winger, and Dio)
    4. 70s Rock Song Pack (3-pack: Deep Purple, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Ted Nugent)
    5. Yacht Rock Song pack (5-pack: Toto, Rupert Holmes, The Doobie Brothers, Michael McDonald, and Daryl Hall and John Oates)
    6. Classic Song Pack (3-pack: Roy Buchanan, James Gang, and Bill Withers)
    7. 90s Rock Song Pack (3-pack: Everclear, Silverchair, and Spin Doctors)
    8. Female Lead Song Pack (3-pack: Heart, Halestorm, and Flyleaf)

Singles are still available as well, of course. But if you missed these and find all the songs interesting, check 'em out starting March 28.
     5 people found this helpful

New packs from existing singles

Hey all. We've mentioned in the past that we put songs into packs whenever we can, but we need special permission to do so. For every Variety Pack, for instance, all those artists need to approve their songs being sold alongside the others in the pack. This was something we got better at requesting as time went on, but there were a bunch of singles in the earlier days that were unavailable in packs because we didn't have the necessary permissions.

Well...we do! Our team has been able to clear pack permissions for some of the singles in our library. So starting tomorrow, you will see a few "new" packs of songs for sale that were previously only available as singles. If you're looking to save a few bucks in the same genre or era, a few of these might be for you:

1. Power Ballad Song Pack (5-pack: Cinderella, Tesla, Extreme, Boston, and Poison)
    2. Classic Riff Song Pack (5-pack: Rick Derringer, Warrant, Styx, Dio, and Motörhead)
    3. Arena Rock Song Pack (5-pack: Poison, Billy Squier, Autograph, Winger, and Dio)
    4. 70s Rock Song Pack (3-pack: Deep Purple, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Ted Nugent)
    5. Yacht Rock Song pack (5-pack: Toto, Rupert Holmes, The Doobie Brothers, Michael McDonald, and Daryl Hall and John Oates)
    6. Classic Song Pack (3-pack: Roy Buchanan, James Gang, and Bill Withers)
    7. 90s Rock Song Pack (3-pack: Everclear, Silverchair, and Spin Doctors)
    8. Female Lead Song Pack (3-pack: Heart, Halestorm, and Flyleaf)

Singles are still available as well, of course. But if you missed these and find all the songs interesting, check 'em out starting March 28.
     5 people found this helpful

YAYYY!!!!!!!!!!
    Thnks guys!

Damn I have at least one song from all of those packs so this does nothing for me, but good for those who can take advantage of it.

Amara_Tamlin's Avatar Senior Member
    I already have most of these, but this is great for someone building their library.

I notice that there are some artists who've had their songs scattered across several other packs; I would guess that it'd be a fairly easy ask to get them to agree to be bundled with themselves. Many such artists have exactly two songs; perhaps those could be paired with a similar two-song artist to make a four-pack? Or do a variety pack of third songs from two-song artists, and offer three-song artist packs in the same week?

Originally Posted by Amara_Tamlin Go to original post
    I already have most of these, but this is great for someone building their library.

I notice that there are some artists who've had their songs scattered across several other packs; I would guess that it'd be a fairly easy ask to get them to agree to be bundled with themselves. Many such artists have exactly two songs; perhaps those could be paired with a similar two-song artist to make a four-pack? Or do a variety pack of third songs from two-song artists, and offer three-song artist packs in the same week?
    To avoid people accidentally buying the same material twice, we wouldn't put any of the above songs in a second pack -- like, we're not going to do a Poison & Dio pack because those songs are already in the packs listed above. In the future, for other songs? Yeah, maybe, but we generally prefer to do artist 3-packs whenever we can. The timing sometimes works out for that and sometimes does not.

Originally Posted by Amara_Tamlin Go to original post

To avoid people accidentally buying the same material twice, we wouldn't put any of the above songs in a second pack -- like, we're not going to do a Poison & Dio pack because those songs are already in the packs listed above. In the future, for other songs? Yeah, maybe, but we generally prefer to do artist 3-packs whenever we can. The timing sometimes works out for that and sometimes does not.

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    What about bundling songs based upon techniques used? Like the Sweeper Pack, or the Arpegio Pack?
     1 people found this helpful

Great idea!

Originally Posted by IzzyAckmed Go to original post
    What about bundling songs based upon techniques used? Like the Sweeper Pack, or the Arpegio Pack?
    After watching the last stream, I understand a little more why not

greykonos's Avatar Member
    I noticed these and was thinking... but I have those songs, what's going on! Thanks for the heads up.

toreyj01's Avatar Member
    The problem with this is that I have at least one song in each of these packs. I don't know if its even possible but in iTunes you can download a single and if you want the album later on they offer it at a discounted rate, namely the cost of the single deducted from the album cost.

Its a smart way to sell albums, because if you already bought the single you are hesitant to buy that song again as part of the album.

I would love to see Rocksmith do that, but am unsure if you guys are capable of that. I have bought a few single songs and discovered how much I like that group but do not buy their pack because it would mean buying that song again.

So if there was a 5 pack for 11.99 and you buy one of the singles, you could later buy that pack for 9 dollars.

I would buy a LOT of packs if that happened.