PK disadvantage against Viking Hyper Armor

Any advice from veteran PKs when versing feint spamming berserker's and turtling warlord's or are we just screw to only catch a parry.

bmason1000's Avatar Senior Member
    Stop trying to parry that berserker and the feints won't mean anything anymore. Feints only work if you go for a parry. Otherwise, just swap stance and block. Also, don't deflect that berserker. You will catch a meeeaaan top heavy.

I can tell you how I deal with them but I am hardly high elo so your mileage may vary.

Berserkers will pretty much wreck you very quickly if you go for a dodge attack or a deflect when they are in dauntless stance, the thing is they can't match your back dodge so if you stay clear, sooner or later they are going to realise they are wasting stamina, the time they stop is the time to put pressure on them if you don't manage to get to them before they start swinging.

Warlords, most I meet are impatient enough they will go with headbutts or their charging top heavy, side dodge heavy followed up with the deep gouge light eats into their health. If they aren't doing that, test their cgb skills, throw in a soft cancel to guardbreak if they cgb the first few. The ones that truly do nothing...well like I say, I am not at the level duel turns into staring matches, can't help you there.

If they are feint spamming, throw in a light while they are busy doing their dance - or wait for their light and parry if you're confident. Otherwise just block and eventually you'll get an opening to throw a few lights and feints of your own.

Originally Posted by CandleInTheDark Go to original post
    I can tell you how I deal with them but I am hardly high elo so your mileage may vary.

Berserkers will pretty much wreck you very quickly if you go for a dodge attack or a deflect when they are in dauntless stance, the thing is they can't match your back dodge so if you stay clear, sooner or later they are going to realise they are wasting stamina, the time they stop is the time to put pressure on them if you don't manage to get to them before they start swinging.

Warlords, most I meet are impatient enough they will go with headbutts or their charging top heavy, side dodge heavy followed up with the deep gouge light eats into their health. If they aren't doing that, test their cgb skills, throw in a soft cancel to guardbreak if they cgb the first few. The ones that truly do nothing...well like I say, I am not at the level duel turns into staring matches, can't help you there.
    Originally Posted by bmason1000 Go to original post
    Stop trying to parry that berserker and the feints won't mean anything anymore. Feints only work if you go for a parry. Otherwise, just swap stance and block. Also, don't deflect that berserker. You will catch a meeeaaan top heavy.
    On a warlord IK to wait for a slow attack to dodge or the rumble of his headbutt light but for berserker there's still not much i can do against the ones who are patient and know when to restart their combo and when to trade blows with their uninterruptible stance. With a useless deflect and atk chains that i can't finish or restart before he restarts his i feel left with in nothing more than hit and run tactics with an occasional GB

Originally Posted by UnblockableMeta Go to original post
    On a warlord IK to wait for a slow attack to dodge or the rumble of his headbutt light but for berserker there's still not much i can do against the ones who are patient and know when to restart their combo and when to trade blows with their uninterruptible stance. With a useless deflect and atk chains that i can't finish or restart before he restarts his i feel left with in nothing more than hit and run tactics with an occasional GB
    Thats probably your best bet then. I don't lose to pk's very often, and i think that's generally how they do it.

Originally Posted by bmason1000 Go to original post
    Thats probably your best bet then. I don't lose to pk's very often, and i think that's generally how they do it.
    Yeah you'd dislike me lol, I learned long ago that if I try to meet you on your terms I am getting killed in a chain, I've done it to peacekeepers who don't decide to get distance as well.

UbiJurassic's Avatar Community Manager
    While Berserker does deal heavy damage and has super armor, I fin the main key is to make them waste stamina with feints and by blocking their attacks as best as possible. Most Berekers have a pattern that they follow when they start to mix their attack with feints or into a guardbreak. Take time to play defensive and identify their pattern. When you think you have it down and they've used a good portion of their stamina, make a move on them to put them on the defensive.

Originally Posted by CandleInTheDark Go to original post
    Yeah you'd dislike me lol, I learned long ago that if I try to meet you on your terms I am getting killed in a chain, I've done it to peacekeepers who don't decide to get distance as well.
    You're one of the smarter ones then haha. I'm a big fan of in your face side dodgey deflecting pks. Top heavies all day. Lovvve that armor haha
    Originally Posted by UbiJurassic Go to original post
    While Berserker does deal heavy damage and has super armor, I fin the main key is to make them waste stamina with feints and by blocking their attacks as best as possible. Most Berekers have a pattern that they follow when they start to mix their attack with feints or into a guardbreak. Take time to play defensive and identify their pattern. When you think you have it down and they've used a good portion of their stamina, make a move on them to put them on the defensive.
    Jurassic for the win! That's definitely it right there.