o0om's Avatar Junior Member

PC - Cannot delete all loadouts

1. What is the issue you're experiencing? (in a few sentences, describe what is happening)
    - When you first start the game, you have no loadouts. After you create a loadout, it's impossible to get back to that no-loadsouts-state. It's impossible to have ALL loadouts removed. When trying to remove all loadsouts you're left with a single loadout, the one that's equipped, and you cannot delete it.

Loadouts lock items in your inventory and prevent you from marking the items they contain as junk. They limit you. It's nice to have no loadouts so you don't have that limitation anymore and you can just unequip loadout items and mark them immediately as junk. Instead, you first have to unequip them, then save the loadout and only then you can mark them as junk. That's a bit annoying to do for every new item you acquire.

2. What were you doing when this issue occurred? (were you viewing a cut scene? were you playing in the Dark Zone?)
    - I created a loadout. It's now irreversible and I don't want it anymore.

3. Are you able to recreate the issue? (if you're able to make this issue appear again, please tell us how you've done it)
    - Yes, just create a loadout.

4. What you done in an attempt to correct this issue? (restart your console? open ports?)
    - Tried everything in my power to delete all loadouds and failed. Opened
    this reddit thread and no one seemed to find a solution.
     4 people found this helpful

Ubi-Johan's Avatar Community Developer
    You can't delete an equipped loadout, so you need to swap your gear out if you want to revert back to having none.

I believe this to be working as intended, but this might be a quality of life suggestion. I'll move this to the Suggestions forum and i'll be curious to see if more people would like to see this?

/ Johan
     2 people found this helpful

o0om's Avatar Junior Member
    Thanks for your reply Please move this back to the bugs section. This is not a QOL suggestion. You misunderstood me. This is a definite bug.

I already explained myself in detail in original comment so I'll say the bottom line that is the most important point that proves that this is a bug:
    Once you create a loadout, you can't go back. That's it. You're done. You'r stuck. You can't go back to having no loadouts. There is absolutely no way to do that.

This seems like a bug to me, I don't think Ubisoft intended this behavior. I don't think Ubisoft intended that people who accidentally created a loadout cannot go back to having none.

Yes, it will improve QOL, like any bug fix would, but that doesn't not make it a bug.

Sorry for being a bit rude about it, this issue bugs me a lot (no pun intended).

That is true, you can not delete the last loadout if you created any. Also, this means, that if you want to sell/delete/move to other characters any items that are equipped in your loadout, you should replace them with others and again rewrite the loadout.

I agree, I dislike requiring you to have at least one loadout once you make one. You should be able to delete the loadout somehow. Even if it is some random NPC that you go to to forget all loadouts.

V4MPiR1's Avatar Senior Member
    The current setup provides a layer of protection for the player. given that it used to take thousands of hours to amass usable items.

If you're requesting a fast track to a tabula rasa -- which is absolutely ridiculous -- you fall into one of the three following categories:
    1. You're lazy.
    2. You're having an OCPD episode.
    3. You're feigning altruism, and once the change is made, intend on breaking into other community members' accounts and screw them over with greater expediency and lesser evidence.

Please Ubisoft, see the logic in this and strike the OP's request.

Please fix the stuck loadout

It is super annoying to have to manually sell items all the time since the bloody loadout forces you too. Also, you get hundreds of prompts telling you that the crappy item you're trying to replace is a part of a loadout.

I understand that when you have your gear maxed out, like that arrogant vampire lad, it makes certain sense. But when you're gearing up, it does not.