Zoro's Avatar Community Representative

R6 Community Discusses - The "R6 Discusses" Series

Hello everyone and welcome back to the R6 Community Discusses series!

This week our discussion will be a bit different, as we will not be focusing on an operator or map but instead on the "R6 Discusses" series and the R6 forums themselves.

I've noticed a decline in feedback on our recent discussions and I'd like to take some time for you all to share what you'd like to see from these threads and the forums in general so we can tailor a better experience for our users who utilize these forums, and improve the environment for all future players who join us.

Please take a few minutes to read through the following points and share your thoughts and feedback with us!

R6 Discusses Series:

1.) Have the "R6 Community Discusses" threads been beneficial to your performance or game knowledge?

2.) What do you feel would make these discussions more interesting or informative?

3.) Apart from Operators and Maps, what are some topics you'd like to see us focus on in the future?

4.) How do you feel about the format of these threads? Are the prompts too wordy, too broad?

5,) Do you think the series has had a positive impact on the community as a whole?

The R6 Forums:

6.) How do you feel about the layout of the R6 forums? Is it confusing to find what you're looking for?

7.) Is there anything missing from the forums that you feel could benefit the community?

8.) Would you like to see more re-occurring "events" here on the forums, like the R6 Discusses series? Please share suggestions.

Keep in mind, all feedback is welcome and encouraged and we expect you to show respect for your fellow user's opinions.

I look forward to reading your thoughts on how we can improve this series and the overall forum experience!
    -Zoro

And as always, feel free to join in any of our previous discussions here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ses-All-Topics

Oooh, how meta...

In reply to the forums questions: Quite like the new layout, though it does feel a pinch sluggish to load and refresh.

The only issue that comes to mind is the surprising amount of spam bots and posts. Some of those threads stay up for awhile, drown out the actual conversation a bit and leave dangerous links up for quite sometime. Perhaps having a couple of the more dedicated and trustworthy community members granted some very light moderation tools to assist in the control of spam might be a good idea.
     3 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by jacob armitage Go to original post
    The only issue that comes to mind is the surprising amount of spam bots and posts. Some of those threads stay up for awhile, drown out the actual conversation a bit and leave dangerous links up for quite sometime. Perhaps having a couple of the more dedicated and trustworthy community members granted some very light moderation tools to assist in the control of spam might be a good idea.
    Thanks for the feedback Jacob,

Spam is always annoying (and can be dangerous) and we try our best to clear them out as soon as possible, but some spam can remain undetected for a bit. I will see what we are able to do about permissions for removing spam.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Zoro Go to original post
    Thanks for the feedback Jacob,

Spam is always annoying (and can be dangerous) and we try our best to clear them out as soon as possible, but some spam can remain undetected for a bit. I will see what we are able to do about permissions for removing spam.
    Perhaps something akin to a few having the ability to flag potential spam threads, removing them from the public forums so the community representative team can later review and permanently delete if needed. That way it can't really be abused. I've no idea if the forums would support such functionality, but i do think something like that would be a positive addition to help clean up the rather dangerous and unsightly spam that has been occurring and help product your customers.
     1 people found this helpful

1.) Have the "R6 Community Discusses" threads been beneficial to your performance or game knowledge?

It hasn't really. But, to be more accurate, I play up at the diamond level. So, there is quite a bit of knowledge that I am already aware of. I am sure it helps people down at the lower tiers, but not for me. However, it does allow us to air opinions on operators and maps about balance, and I think that is by far the most beneficial aspect personally (eg. conversation on Buck's C8, Mute's jammers, and Cav's silent step/pistol).

2) What do you feel would make these discussions more interesting or informative?

I'd love it if the mods could give more direct and opinionated feedback to all the suggestions they get (by more, I mean more often). There is quite a few suggestions that get kicked around, but see the mods only ever give an opinion rarely or when asked specifically. My observation on that might be wrong, as my total time spent on the forums is low (and to be fair the mods have a lot of threads in total to monitor). If the mods themselves don't feel like it is their place to (or aren't allowed to), seeing a liaison from the dev team appointed to actively engage these threads would be a great benefit. Having direct feedback from dev team would help us to better formulate our suggestions when we can see a part of the mold they are trying to craft for the game.

3) Apart from Operators and Maps, what are some topics you'd like to see us focus on in the future?

Balance threads. Whether asking for what we think needs balancing, how to balance something better, or feedback to potentially applied balances, it would all be good.

4) How do you feel about the format of these threads? Are the prompts too wordy, too broad?

Indeed the model format is a bit too wordy, but in the end just right. It provides a solid frame of mind of what information you are looking to receive from the community. People will probably not follow the format, but does at least make sure they provide information that is within a relevant frame of mind.

5) Do you think the series has had a positive impact on the community as a whole?

Incredibly hard to say. Don't know how many players learned new tactics or methods of strategic thinking. In addition, balance patches are few and far between and also not immediately clear if these threads had an influence on them. There are certainly some that did (eg. Doc can heal), but because these change ups are slow to roll out, I have no idea the total effect. Certainly, I think good ideas come of them, but haven't the full view of the arena to see how much has been implemented because of the community.

6.) How do you feel about the layout of the R6 forums? Is it confusing to find what you're looking for?

Surprised it happened, but indifferent to be quite frank. I can navigate it just as well as before.

7.) Is there anything missing from the forums that you feel could benefit the community?

N/A

8.) Would you like to see more re-occurring "events" here on the forums, like the R6 Discusses series? Please share suggestions.

I suppose this would trace back to a previous answer. I would like to see more of them, but mostly I'd like to see them focused on balancing issues. And if they are going to do balancing issues, that solid numbers be made more readily available where relevant. I think better game changes can come about in the game if the potential change first receives feedback from the community before rolling out.
     2 people found this helpful

xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Most of the time the feedback i see in these threads end up being the same i hear in general, how mute is well rounded defender but has a slighty below avarage smg when compared to others, or how castle suffers from his gadget being one of the most easily destroyable by anyone any time and barely eating time, so while the operator loudout is fine the gadget is flawed. Kinda seems more of way ro be sure of what the general thought of a operator is and how ould people fix him then a general discussion of strats and gameplay show-offs, confirming majority thoughts on most obvious points, rarely see mention of some hidden trick. Just feels kinda empty since no balance patches this season so a lot of feedback for patches that are far away

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    I only have time for a quicky..

5) Do you think the series has had a positive impact on the community as a whole?

Isn't that something we should be asking you lol? LeviathN is right ya know. There is little to no feedback from you guys that suggests if we are even being a positive part of the community, or if we are just spending time writing personal opinions. We all want to be a part of Rainbows growth and prosperity..but how do we know if we are if you don't tell us..or at least recognize a worthwhile suggestion which has foundation to which we can reliably discuss without feeling that we are wasting time.

I would suggest putting the discussion threads in the Thread body of the forum instead of the 'Sticky' part. Many newcomers to forums disregard the sticky section due to it's normal 'technical', 'legal' and 'outdated' material.

No way to tell if you posted to a thread like before (unless Im missing something)

Multiple page boxes are only at the bottom. Can you add them to the top as well please.

Daddy needs a new pair of shoes so I have to run for a few hours..I'll be back.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Back to it then.

R6 Discusses Series:

I have picked up on a few 'tricks' here and there..but for the most part I've played so much that its not very easy to learn anything outside of actually playing.

2.) What do you feel would make these discussions more interesting or informative?
    Introduce them with proper identity and significance and end the discussions with at least your opinion to our opinions.
    Treating the ops and maps as if they were equals by the same queries makes me feel as if each of them starts 'empty'. The questions should vary and have personal touches depending on the map/op.

Example: 4) What maps and game modes does this operator do well on?. This question could be replaced with another that leads into deeper ideals regarding general utility ops like Mute. For me it just seems like the questions could be more specific to the topic sometimes.

Make the discussion personal and special Zoro. We want to be involved with you..and you to be involved with us. You're doing superb on your end..just let us know when we do ours.

3.) Apart from Operators and Maps, what are some topics you'd like to see us focus on in the future?
    Play of the week submissions (with alpha pack rewards), Personal team combinations, Top 10 requests (with status updates), I might add more.

4.) How do you feel about the format of these threads? Are the prompts too wordy, too broad?
    Change it up Z. Something like 'best places to deploy his/her gadget' instead of a question that leads to questioning why the question was asked. The general format is open to anything including the requests for vids..cant get better than that..

5,) Do you think the series has had a positive impact on the community as a whole?
    I would hope so. I guess I don't see as much of an impact on the 'playing community' compared to what transpires in the types of tactics we show each other in the game. Nothing discusses Pulse like playing against a good Pulse player. The dynamics are such that even if we did pick up a trick or two here in the discussion..its not gonna help much when its 1:17 left and that dude is tracking..or that he's in Kafe doing it. So I view them more for the forum members than for the grand community.

And I worded 'wasting time' wrong before (single coffee reply). There is much to gain from viewing our replies and just as much to gain in our faith by expanding on them.

The R6 Forums:

It felt like visiting someone's home..now it feels like someone's house. I liked it before honestly.

More frequent responses from the mods in threads that have split, yet valid differences. Moderators or Reps (you Zoro) should have broader freedoms in personal opinion for the more debatable and heated topics.

Example: I risk ban and punishment when shooting Valk in the head when she attempts to glitch Bank.
    Is it not possible to suggest that while tking is not an appropriate response, the support for fair play is appreciated?

Being on the sideline must really suck for you sometimes. I wish you had a grey area that let you play once and while. I can't be alone on this..

Whoops..kinda answered that on #3. The return of 'in game events' would always be welcome though

Oh and Zoro..Thank you for bringing up the thread. It partially reflects on how much of a pulse you have on the forums! You are investing a lot of yourself. More like letting it invest itself into you. Your superiors should be keenly aware of this rare quality..but just in case..tell them for me would you. Thanks!

Fantastic responses! This is all great feedback and I'm typing out some specific responses, I'll update this post with them in a moment.

Originally Posted by LeviathN- Go to original post

It hasn't really. But, to be more accurate, I play up at the diamond level. So, there is quite a bit of knowledge that I am already aware of. I am sure it helps people down at the lower tiers, but not for me. However, it does allow us to air opinions on operators and maps about balance, and I think that is by far the most beneficial aspect personally (eg. conversation on Buck's C8, Mute's jammers, and Cav's silent step/pistol).

2) What do you feel would make these discussions more interesting or informative?

seeing a liaison from the dev team appointed to actively engage these threads would be a great benefit. Having direct feedback from dev team would help us to better formulate our suggestions when we can see a part of the mold they are trying to craft for the game.

I suppose this would trace back to a previous answer. I would like to see more of them, but mostly I'd like to see them focused on balancing issues. And if they are going to do balancing issues, that solid numbers be made more readily available where relevant. I think better game changes can come about in the game if the potential change first receives feedback from the community before rolling out.
    Hey LeviathN,

1.) Thanks for the honesty, I'm glad to see that we've got high-tier players interested in these discussions and I appreciate your perspective as someone who probably knows a lot more of the nuances of the game than the average player. One of my hopes for these discussions going forward is to encourage newer players to ask for areas they'd specifically like help in so our seasoned players, like yourself, can jump in and offer some wisdom on the subject they're lacking in.

2.) I agree that there are some things I'm just not suited to answer effectively and that a member of the Dev team could really have a more proper response for. I may be able to see if Epi can return to the forums for some specific answers, but we will need to find a way to prioritize what we get responses on, since his time is needed on many other important tasks. I've had the idea for an "AMA" type of segment bouncing around my head for a while, but it will require some curating to pick out the best questions to push to them.

8.) I will see what I'm able to share as far as proposed balance changes in future threads. I do think focusing on balancing of some subjects that the community have deemed needing of discussion would make for some productive talks. I share the discussions with the team at the end of every week, but having more specific topics regarding balance could prove more effective in presenting impact to the team.

Originally Posted by xcel30 Go to original post
    Most of the time the feedback i see in these threads end up being the same i hear in general, how mute is well rounded defender but has a slighty below avarage smg when compared to others, or how castle suffers from his gadget being one of the most easily destroyable by anyone any time and barely eating time, so while the operator loudout is fine the gadget is flawed. Kinda seems more of way ro be sure of what the general thought of a operator is and how ould people fix him then a general discussion of strats and gameplay show-offs, confirming majority thoughts on most obvious points, rarely see mention of some hidden trick. Just feels kinda empty since no balance patches this season so a lot of feedback for patches that are far away
    Xcel30,

Thanks for the feedback! I have seen the same thing, (that's one of the reasons I decided to make this week's focus more introspective so we can improve the discussions moving forward.)

One of my hopes is to see more being shared in these discussions, more "deep dives" into the strategic differences of an individual operator, perhaps players sharing footage demonstrating an odd place they place their gadgets, and I'd love to see more gameplay videos being shared - that could open up the door to players giving direct feedback and tips to others on how they played or specific areas they could have done better in.

With deeper discussion into things, it will also provide some more detailed feedback I can share with the team. This goes along with the balancing topics that I just mentioned with LeviathN, so hopefully moving forward these discussions can have more meat to them.

Originally Posted by WBBCoop Go to original post
    I only have time for a quicky..

There is little to no feedback from you guys that suggests if we are even being a positive part of the community, or if we are just spending time writing personal opinions. We all want to be a part of Rainbows growth and prosperity..but how do we know if we are if you don't tell us..or at least recognize a worthwhile suggestion which has foundation to which we can reliably discuss without feeling that we are wasting time.

Coop, always great to see you reply. (I'll answer this post first here and the other down below, it's just easier to type my response that way)

I totally get what you're saying, I agree I haven't done enough in my monitoring of these and I'm sure many feel they're just typing into the void at times. I believe that by reformatting these threads to more specific points of focus, I will be able to better address each suggestion.

The "AMA" type event could be great for this as well, picking the most controversial or highest traffic points for a more detailed response. I'm hoping I can get something setup for us in this vane.

Originally Posted by Goodthrust44 Go to original post
    fix the game!!!
    Thanks for that Goodthrust44, I'll get right on it.

Originally Posted by WBBCoop Go to original post

Introduce them with proper identity and significance and end the discussions with at least your opinion to our opinions.
    Treating the ops and maps as if they were equals by the same queries makes me feel as if each of them starts 'empty'. The questions should vary and have personal touches depending on the map/op.

Example: 4) What maps and game modes does this operator do well on?. This question could be replaced with another that leads into deeper ideals regarding general utility ops like Mute. For me it just seems like the questions could be more specific to the topic sometimes.

Make the discussion personal and special Zoro. We want to be involved with you..and you to be involved with us. You're doing superb on your end..just let us know when we do ours.

Play of the week submissions (with alpha pack rewards), Personal team combinations, Top 10 requests (with status updates), I might add more.

Change it up Z. Something like 'best places to deploy his/her gadget' instead of a question that leads to questioning why the question was asked. The general format is open to anything including the requests for vids..cant get better than that..

I would hope so. I guess I don't see as much of an impact on the 'playing community' compared to what transpires in the types of tactics we show each other in the game. Nothing discusses Pulse like playing against a good Pulse player.

And I worded 'wasting time' wrong before (single coffee reply). There is much to gain from viewing our replies and just as much to gain in our faith by expanding on them.

The R6 Forums:

More frequent responses from the mods in threads that have split, yet valid differences. Moderators or Reps (you Zoro) should have broader freedoms in personal opinion for the more debatable and heated topics.

Example: I risk ban and punishment when shooting Valk in the head when she attempts to glitch Bank.
    Is it not possible to suggest that while tking is not an appropriate response, the support for fair play is appreciated?

Being on the sideline must really suck for you sometimes. I wish you had a grey area that let you play once and while. I can't be alone on this..

Oh and Zoro..Thank you for bringing up the thread. It partially reflects on how much of a pulse you have on the forums! You are investing a lot of yourself. More like letting it invest itself into you. Your superiors should be keenly aware of this rare quality..but just in case..tell them for me would you. Thanks!

2.) You make a great point, I am going to be reworking the format of each starting post to be better tailored to the operator/map being focused on. I'll try to give my personal opinions early on in the discussion as well, I've now got a ton more time in-game than I had when we started these discussions way back, so I think I can share a few of my own thoughts.

3.) I've actually been working on organizing something similar to this suggestion for a while now, so I'm glad to see a contest-type event would be welcomed! I'd love to be able to offer some alpha packs for a play of the week or a similar "challenge". Maybe I could offer a specific challenge with each discussion, and the first to get a clip completing the challenge - I'm picturing like: 'Get an ace with Thatcher' or "Get a clutch revive as Doc" or even "Successfully extract the hostage as Fuze". Something fairly difficult that you guys could race to complete first for glory and sweet rewards.

4.) Agreed, more focused/personalized prompts will be very helpful in encouraging deeper thinking.

5.) One of my goals is to create something that more players will come to the forums for, the contests could definitely help with that, but I would like it even better if our discussions were viewed as informative enough to draw in more casual players. We don't really have any tutorials or official guides for the game, and that's something I'd love to see us develop together through shared knowledge and experience.

7.) I'll try to toe the line a bit more, there will always be things I'm not going to be able to comment on - but if my opinion is requested I'll try to do a better job of offering at least something in response.

I appreciate the kind words Coop, it truly means a lot to know you guys see the effort. I'm looking forward to what we can all accomplish moving forward with these "to be improved" discussions and all of this great feedback makes a huge difference in what that will look like.

Thanks again to everyone for sharing their thoughts, I look forward to additional suggestions and feedback!

I think the amount of participation in these kind of threads will vary alot depending on whats being discussed, its expected a thread about a well rounded operator like Mute will receive alot less attention then a thread dedicated to a operator that either needs a buff or nerf.
    And discussing maps is alot less interesting than discussing operators so the lack of attention is to be expected aswell, its much easier to think of ways of buffing or nerfing an operator than fixing a map.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►