zXCpt.PriceXz's Avatar Member

[PS4]Reclaimer,Sentry,Lonestar,Final measure and Striker Review

I have extensively tested these 5 gearsets both on PVE & PVP so here is my conclusion.

Reclaimer

PVE

A must have for heroic incursions and legendary missions, specially when you are in group. Performance mod i will prefer to go for support station range and you will see and feel the healing power & range of this gearset. I went with full electronics and 4 stamina & 1 firearms mod to get some health and i managed to have 300k toughness although firearms was just ok.

If you are a healer then you will love it.

PVP

This set is good only if you go with a team else for solo it is very bad. However, i will say that revive time should get nerf in PVP but it should not impact current PVE revive time. I don't see any point of running Reclaimer in DZ if you don't have a group.

Sentry

PVE

I think this is best set for PVE, you will see enemies melted once you get 6 marks specially heavies, i ran it with m700 carbon and Urban MDR. You can use shotgon or SVD whatever suits you. As i am a sniper lover so i went with M700. Trust me you will love this gearset if you are a PVE focused person.

PVP.

This set is not bad for PVP if you have a good aim and you are in group, even i will day that it is better than Deadeye now. Only problem with this set is that you can't get 6 stacks in PVP so the 6pc bonus is not effective, i would got with savage/reckless/specialized etc and keep 5pc bonus active if i want to use this set on DZ

Lonestar

PVE

This set is now more viable after the recent changes. However, i will still prefer sentry over lone star. The 6pc talent now procs more and it is good in PVE, however i noticed sometimes when the talent procs the enemies don't take damage at all until you reload. 1 out of 10 i get this bug.

PVP

This is not a good gearset with LMG or Shotgun instead if you use assault rifle or smg specially pp19 then you will see that this set can melt people quickly. I think LMG's are at very bad stage and they need buffs. I would rather make a shotgun build keeping 5pc bonus and reckless.

Final Measure

PVE

Great for incursions and legendary missions but i am not a very big fan of grenades so nades lovers will definitely like it. Rest all the buffs proc well an it is a good set for PVE.

PVP

Definitely not a good PVP gearset unless you have a 4 man team to utilize 6pc bonus.

Striker

PVE

I will say that you can complete any challenging mission solo without having a healing skill equipped. Such is the set and is very strong. I ran with full stamina and all 5 mods of firearms.

PVP

I will not hesitate to say that this set is a GOD mode if you are a cronusmax user, else this is the only set which will keep you alive for most time in DZ. There is no counter to this gearset, if you emp the striker user the stacks are paused and it resumes after emp effect is gone. Hence, in 1.7 STRIKER is the meta.

Conclusion: Go for Striker (PVP) Go for Sentry/Lone start (PVE)
     1 people found this helpful

nairda2k9's Avatar Banned
    Nice review, clear, concise and to the point. Thank you.

i thought emp reset strikers to zero? who thought pausing it was a good idea? geez me christmas