UbiSkyBear's Avatar Community Manager

Hope County Map Jam

Hello Far Cry Map builders,

For the next two weeks, we'll be holding a Hope County Map Jam! Using the FC4 Map Editor, we want you to create a Hope County themed map.

How to participate?
    • Publish your FC4 map between July 26 and August 9.
    • The name of your map should start with “MJ1 - nameofmap”.
    • You are free to use any game mode and any in-game modifier. Please do not use third-party Mods.
    • You are free to create on any platform. Note that PC builders and Console builders will be split into 2x separate categories.
    • Your map should highlight your vision of the Far Cry 5 setting: in gameplay, level design, and/or visual.
    • You can publish additional screenshots & videos to further promote your map.

For more inspiration, you can take a look at the fankit and the latest FC5 E3 content. If you wish to pro-actively send us links to your images or videos, use Twitter (hashtag #FCMapJam) or email us (farcrycommunity@ubisoft.com).

How will winners be selected?
    We will hold separate contests from the PC builders and the Console builders. On August 10, a selection of FC5 level designers and FC5 map editor developers will look at the maps created and vote for their favorites. The maps that get the most votes will win this Map Jam (there will be others in the future). For the ‘Player-Voted favorite’ category, we will run a poll with a shortlist of the best entries. The poll will remain open from August 10 to August 13.

Winners in each contest (PC or Console) will be picked out of the four categories:

Best Level Design

Best Graphic

Best Gameplay

Player-Voted Favorite

Each category winner will receive a bundle of Far Cry 5 exclusive goodies.

Good luck and happy map building!
    The Far Cry Community Team
     2 people found this helpful

Fallen-Champ's Avatar Senior Member

I have this map in progress based around a Bunker taken over by Edens Gate, to one side is farmland and the other mountains - is this ok for the Map Jam ?
    Map is at about 20% complete so far.

DapperHayden is a LIAR AND CANT BE TRUSTED
    Awesome idea this will get people back in the fc4 map editor. once you made your hope county maps (xbox) come and share pics and vids of your creations on xbox club FAR CRY 5 MAP BUILDERS CLUB message me on xbl for invite AW LOST SOLDIER a shameless plug for my club i know lol.

Sweet!

I uploaded a map called 'MJ1 - Farmland' on PS4, and revised another older map and uploaded it called ' MJ1 - Campground' also on PS4.

They are both open world, attack however you want, style maps. Every time you play it, you can have different experiences.

Farmland is set in an open farmland with a town, very similar to Falls End, but rearranged.

Campground is set in a more higher altitude setting, surrounded but mountains. Its a homeless camp under a bridge, and surrounded by industrial buildings that are vacant due to a downturn in the economy.

Kemet nubia's Avatar Member
    It would be great to have a list of editors competing for consoles in this feed so i can create cinematic trailer style videos. unfortunately i don't own a pc version of the game so i'm only console based
     1 people found this helpful

Fallen-Champ's Avatar Senior Member
    I will try and do a video for every map entered over all platforms.

You can find them HERE

Originally Posted by Kemet nubia Go to original post
    It would be great to have a list of editors competing for consoles in this feed so i can create cinematic trailer style videos. unfortunately i don't own a pc version of the game so i'm only console based
    You should be able to do a search for MJ1 and find all the maps. Id wait another week or so, or till the contest ends, to do it though, give other people more time to submit, if they are.

DapperHayden007's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    hmm, do I take part or not?

Kemet nubia's Avatar Member
    it's a good idea, since the competition only runs for two weeks and depending on how many apply, its going to take a bit to edit content but i guess i could do a short trailer style of each map, creator and platform. Thanks akilyoung...

Originally Posted by DapperHayden007 Go to original post
    hmm, do I take part or not?
    Go for it, as long as its not as big as your "I am Legend" map, you don't have that much time.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last ►►