Swfc4eva1's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by htowng8r Go to original post
    They honestly need to test losing aim assist on shotguns or at the least forcing a cooldown. I'm not sure why this is hard to do either -- they forced cooldown on rolling tactics a few patches ago.
    Not sure about that as that would give cronusmax users an even bigger advantage.

All I heard in SOTG was that they are "still looking into SASG" which in Massive-speak roughly translates to "we have no clue, probably won't do anything now".

It is just fine, they need to come close to do anything anyways. Others are annoyed by someone else using the Light M4 or LOAVC, others are complaining about one shot kills from snipers, and still others about something else. Pffffff....... everyone has something to complain about, right to the point where we have to do the 20 magazines to kill something again.

Originally Posted by D.DVD Go to original post
    It is just fine, they need to come close to do anything anyways. Others are annoyed by someone else using the Light M4 or LOAVC, others are complaining about one shot kills from snipers, and still others about something else. Pffffff....... everyone has something to complain about, right to the point where we have to do the 20 magazines to kill something again.
    When 1.7 PTS is nothing but SASG users pumping the auto aim then it's a problem. The other day I got melted by a SASG guy with full stack striker from the bottom of a double stairwell before I could even move. He popped off 3 shots from >20m and ripped people in less than a second. My issue is anything that has a ttk and range of the snap-aim sasg then that needs correction.

The fun in this game was being able to battle, but too many people who would rather have arcade style ttk got what they wanted. We have no armor now, instant death seekers (thank god they actually fixed that), one-tap snipers, etc.

Apologies for not posting this sooner but I lost track of things. A friend ( www.twitter.com/reo_33 ) and I were testing the SASG in PTS3 on the PS4 a week or so back and, in our opinion, the speed with which it builds up the damage stacks is the biggest issue when combined with the Striker gearset. I was wearing Classified 6-piece Striker (7.3k FA, 4.9k Stamina, 2.9k Elec) and running a Tactical SASG with an extended mag and overall 25% crit chance/77% crit damage. I also had a Lightweight M4 with 28% crit chance and 110% crit damage. As you can tell, none of this was min/maxed gear so I would expect people with a god-roll SASG to be able to kill other players a lot more quickly. I rolled Accurate onto the SASG in order to try to overcome the pellet spread which had been introduced for PTS3.

We ran a couple of tests of how many Striker damage stacks you could build up killing one player in a PvP setting, with both headshots and bodyshots. These were the results.

Tactical SASG
    Headshots
    Shots to kill - 5
    Damage stacks - 33

Bodyshots (I activated pulse, he activated overheal)
    Shots to kill - 8
    Damage stacks - 63

Lightweight M4 (full auto firing)
    Headshots
    Shots to kill - 20
    Damage stacks - 20

Bodyshots
    Shots to kill - 28
    Damage stacks - 28

So you're essentially building up double the stacks using the SASG and if you stack a little bit into accuracy it's not difficult to overcome the increased pellet spread. With the extended mag able to up the clip size on the gun to 15 and the speed with which you can build up the damage and heal stacks, I definitely agree with the OP that the change has had little effect on the power of the Striker/SASG combo on console. When Classified Striker hits the live servers and people have the chance to grind for a six-piece set, I fear it's going to be an awful thing to come up against in PvP. Something needs to be done about it and this is where I run into a problem - I'm not sure what can be done about it short of nerfing the SASG into obscurity.

Preaching to the converted, been saying for weeks now take Aim Assist out of PvP. There's no need for it, surely PvP is about testing your skills against another player not abusing an in game mechanic!