SASG "fix" for console doing absolutely nothing

Players can still pop off 4x shots per second with snap aim and the bloom on first shot isn't really noticeable. Everyone is still running around spamming that weapon and it will only be worse in 1.7 if they can't get this changed in time. I know Yannick said they would wait on console feedback so it's important to let them know. Plenty of people on Reddit still saying it's terrible and I agree with them.

Please just turn off aim assist for shotguns if you want to make it such that this doesn't become the only meta as we all see today in 1.6.1.
     4 people found this helpful

Agreed. There is no difference in SASG as opposed to live game. auto aim needs to go and in my opinion they need to reduce the ability to snap shoot. The main problem in the live game isnt just that they headshot you everytime, it is that it is headshot AND it snaps so fast that there is not time to recover between shots either by medkit or first aid,
     2 people found this helpful

I also tested the SASG on PS4 for the "adjustment" they made to the bloom and while the reticle is larger it just seems like whatever adjustment they made is barely noticeable. There is not much difference between whats in the live game and PTS in terms of pellet spread and total damage dealt. And rapid fire is still pretty much the same. Maybe there should be more kick to reduce rate of fire?

I agree, the changes were so slight that I don't think I would have noticed anything different if I wasn't looking for them in the first place. Come on Massive, you seem to like playing politician. There is a way to walk the line and address this issue and anger the least amount of people in the process. Change how shotguns and the striker set interacts with players. Continue to allow 1 stack per pellet when shooting an NPC, and 0.5 stacks or 0.2 stacks per pellet when hitting another player. I don't think aim assist should be on shotguns in the first place, but idk if that would hurt PVE players too much.

As a PvE player i wouldnt mind aim assist being either removed or have aim assist turned off as a default and anyone who wants aim assist for their content experience can go into settings and change that.

DeMizeFPS's Avatar Senior Member
    I did some testing with dual shock controller. you can still rapid fire by aim down sight and firing at the same time with the aid of the aim assist.
    There need to be more changes to shotguns. Its not just sasg. You can still do it with the 870 and Super 90

You can still use cronusmax to rapidfire

I had a go on PS4 last night and agree the change is so minimal it's barely noticeable. Change to stack or make the Striker gear-set for automatic weapons only, perhaps. Risky. That won't happen but removing aim assist would be a start and perhaps really lowering the damage over distances. Make them be most powerful up close but much weaker far away.

Swfc4eva1's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by TheD0rkoverlord Go to original post
    I also tested the SASG on PS4 for the "adjustment" they made to the bloom and while the reticle is larger it just seems like whatever adjustment they made is barely noticeable. There is not much difference between whats in the live game and PTS in terms of pellet spread and total damage dealt. And rapid fire is still pretty much the same. Maybe there should be more kick to reduce rate of fire?
    Unfortunately that wouldn't solve the issue as cronusmax enables anti recoil, so wouldn't affect the majority of striker/sasg users.

They honestly need to test losing aim assist on shotguns or at the least forcing a cooldown. I'm not sure why this is hard to do either -- they forced cooldown on rolling tactics a few patches ago.

bad SASG