patch_adams's Avatar Banned
    it seems the beta testers have failed to document this bug. Just bringing this to attention.

it seems the beta testers have failed to document this bug. Just bringing this to attention.

I personally tested it over and over and not only me. Various weapons were used and yes, you can knock TA`s gunsight off - IF BULLETS GO THRU THE PIT - which is valid IMO.

V!
    Regards,

VFC*Crazyivan aka VFC*HOST

http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/vfc/home.htm

Kozhedub: In combat potential, the Yak-3, La-7 and La-9 fighters were indisputably superior to the Bf-109s and Fw-190s. But, as they say, no matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down.

The gunsight always gets shot off, even from 6 o'clock.
    That doesn't happen to any other plane. In my opinion it's a bit too easy to damage it.

WWMaxGunz's Avatar Senior Member
    Is the bulletproof glass still replaced with 6mm plastic on the FW's? 7mm bullets just zing right through with almost clean holes, one per hit, and if they pass not just through the gunsight but within 25 or 30 cm then it was destroyed. Is that still? Is it ever like that on other planes? First block 1/3rd of downward view and it is not enough, kills still made so house of cards gunsights that fall with a puff of wind. Still? Those are things that are sharp edges, very annoying.

Neal

It is not valid in my opinion. It is a error in the programming and needs to be fixed. Just because bullets go through the cockpit does not mean that they have to hit the gunsight. I have not noticed any difference between 2.0 and 2.1 concerning this issue.

patch_adams - do you have the documents that show this wasn't brought up by a beta tester?

I didn't think so.

Salute!

IV/JG51_Recon

Zen--'s Avatar Senior Member
    I agree with Ivan here...it still happens but much less often. I haven't gotten the heck shot out of me in 2.01 yet but during the beta this definately appeared to have been fixed.

All I can say is that is one of the first things we looked at...as a group we agreed it seemed to be resolved properly.

-Zen-

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
    I personally tested it over and over and not only me. Various weapons were used and yes, you can knock TA`s gunsight off - IF BULLETS GO THRU THE PIT - which is valid IMO.

V!
    Regards,

VFC*Crazyivan aka VFC*HOST
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

if its valid why does the FW & TA get it so easy ?

I got my spitfire sight knocked out tonight.

Should I start a thread on that as well?

Salute!

IV/JG51_Recon

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►