nairda2k9's Avatar Banned

Deadeye

Deadeye users seem unhappy with the proposed changes to Deadeye whilst those that play against a Deadeye say it was too strong rewarding ridiculous amounts of damage for shooting people in the foot under vehicles etc.

Since there seems to be an emphasis on rewarding headshots and therefore more skill with the 6-piece bonus, why not carry this over to the 4-piece?

Remove the requirement to be in cover, and instead reward headshots with 100% CHC and body shots with 60%.

Alternatively, since the current 6-piece bonus doesn't seem viable why not grant the user a substantial amount of additional armor whilst in cover and whilst having a marksman rifle equipped. This will compensate the user for having to remain in cover and make it dangerous for players to try to rush his position.
     2 people found this helpful

Are you that dumb?
    Headshots you say? There is other gearsets that will reward headshots. deadeye was not created for that. You have no idea what your talking about.
    Deadeye is for bodyshots. Plain and simple. It should go back to what it is in 1.6!
    !00% in cover and out of cover. It forces a player to hide in cover and should force others to do the same. Shure some players who run other builds run in the street face blasting and running in circles, while a deadeye in cover lays the rogue on the floor.
    Player, try to learn some basic Situational awareness, and alternative ways to encounter these situations. If you cant, stop playing.

WolfSpyda's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by nairda2k9 Go to original post
    Deadeye users seem unhappy with the proposed changes to Deadeye whilst those that play against a Deadeye say it was too strong rewarding ridiculous amounts of damage for shooting people in the foot under vehicles etc.

Since there seems to be an emphasis on rewarding headshots and therefore more skill with the 6-piece bonus, why not carry this over to the 4-piece?

Remove the requirement to be in cover, and instead reward headshots with 100% CHC and body shots with 60%.

Alternatively, since the current 6-piece bonus doesn't seem viable why not grant the user a substantial amount of additional armor whilst in cover and whilst having a marksman rifle equipped. This will compensate the user for having to remain in cover and make it dangerous for players to try to rush his position.
    I agree with PrimalFear on this. Deadeye is not a Headshot build, thats Sentries Call. if you went down the path of rewarding 100%CHC on a headshot you would all cry alot. Sentries Call gave players 30% Headshot Damage and then a bonus of up to 45% (which was actually calcuated at 53%) and was deemed TOO powerful. If you gave players 100% CHC on Headshots I can see a lot of people screaming, as the damage would be very high if not mistaken. However that being said Im not sure if CHC is a stat that can or is applied to Headshot Damage.

Further to this I have to ask, are you stating that the emphasis of the game in general is rewarding players that do headshots or just the Deadeye Gear set?

Also, PrimalFear makes a great observation that this is a cover based shooter, at least with Deadeye if you get hit once and lose a huge chunk of health you can immediately dive out of the way as you realise that your being shot at distance. However a Deadeye player is vunerable when ADSing and can easily be melted by DPS or SASG users when they are up close and start shooting you. basiically you never have a chance with as DE player is standing on top of you spraying shots.
     1 people found this helpful

Swfc4eva1's Avatar Banned
    Made a really decent sentry/deadeye/Ninja combo and I tell you what with some tweaking this thing could 1 shot headshots for sure. In pve it was hitting for million when critting.

I think adding 100% CHC on top of headshot damage would be too much. I was suggesting having the same amount of damage as now (i.e. no headshot damage multiplier used) but give 100% CHC when hitting the head and only 60% CHC when hitting the body.

Regarding rewards for headshots, I was referring specifically to Deadeye as the six piece bonus seems to be designed to encourage headshots and therefore skill.

I'm not sure what your problem is primal fear. I don't have a problem with Deadeye either using it or playing against it. My issue with the proposed changes is that there are a lot of places where cover actually is not available (rooftops for example) which will therefore limit this gearsets use. I'm just trying to find an alternative to the current proposal. 100% CHC out of cover is fine as far as I am concerned but I highly doubt that the developers will agree to that again.

Originally Posted by Swfc4eva1 Go to original post
    Made a really decent sentry/deadeye/Ninja combo and I tell you what with some tweaking this thing could 1 shot headshots for sure. In pve it was hitting for million when critting.
    Don't doubt that at all. A friend of ours ran a 3-piece Deadeye 3-piece Hunter's Faith for sometime. We all laughed until he started one shotting players in the DZ with our pulse. Using Sentry instead of HF and adding Ninja to get the 4-piece Deadeye bonus on top ... that sounds pretty nasty to be honest.

All im saying is to make it fair to the player who actually use this gear myself included the way it was designed, keep it the way it was. the 6th gearpiece should reward kill shots or body shots with health like they did to striker, Makes no sense they way their doing it now. Its not designed when they first created deadeye to become headshots. It was designed for bodyshots. It takes some skill and SA, cover to cover to be able to use this gear profieciently. There is other gear that was designed for headshots. The c79 scope is trash, the bloom is crap, and is not viable for headshots.
    Save that for other gear.
    I know Massive wont listen or care, but yeh it should stay 100% crit no matter if your in ocver or out of cover. I agree for the changes to the svd, but not nerf deadeye the way they did. Plain and simple, i should be able to land body shots and not rely on headshots as this was designed before hand. If a player in cover is worried getting his foot shot off, then mabbee he should change his SA and do something a little more different. Hell, at long range, ive been melted by a player fast using a m4 not being in cover. That player was smart. It doesnt take much to get a line of sight on me out of cover and melting me with a good AR.

WolfSpyda's Avatar Member
    For me, I like the idea of either some kind of added health or maybe something completely different like add Skill haste % per Stack to reduce the cool down on your heals and/or pulse?

The problem with rewarding headshots on the 6 piece is the risk is too high to miss the headshot when I have a larger body to hit that gives 60%CHC or 100%CHC, whatever the new proposed changes are. In the testing that I did there is no difference between 60%CHC to 100%CHC when performing a Headshot, as the calcuation doesnt count CHC.

I've come to the conclusion that Massive does not read any of these statements in regards to Deadeye at all.

one of the problems with deadeye right now on pc is the scroll wheel still exist. that cause a big issue in 2-3 shots your down and server doesnt react fast enough with heals. i think deadeyes six piece should be changed but not for a heal but for a damage buff given to ranged targets, or a target in cover. but at the same time have it not be able to be used with a historian, and hard cap the rpm on svd and other such snipers or a hard delay in firing to stop scroll wheels.

i agree. Well said. Althought i think health will be an added benifit for the 6th piece, as long as they can increase skill haste for the gear pieces if you wanted to spec into that.
    At the least, if a deadeye player is in a group, that player should have the ability to regain health faster if someone on the team has a health box on the ground. As it is, its very slow, which is why poeple will target deadeye players because they are very squishy.
    Common massive, listen to us , the other part of the community.