Possible solution to classified gear farming issue

So even with the buff to the classified gear drop, it would take you months to obtain a full set of 5 and 6 pieces if you're a casual player. You all saw that 35 caches thread. Marco talked about this issue in one of his videos so why not make the classified and normal set mix together, I know they can mix now up to 4 pc bonus, but why not make them mix up to 6 pc, change the stat value on classified to even higher ones, but allow the players to experience the 6pc bonus without having to farm 3 months for it.

Currently classified gear sets offer 35% boost in base stats, make this a higher number so you can motivate players to keep farming classified gear and make that gear more exclusive, but also offer them the experience of having that 6pc bonus so they don't forget what they're farming for?

PHaze65

I put in six hours yesterday and grinded out 8 caches at 1500 credits a time all I got was 8 peices of normal green gear the drop rate is ridiculous at that rate i will never get a gear set it's not worth the time let alone the casual player why not being able to mix the classified with the normal pieces or a guaranteed piece of classified or exotic 50 %of the time if it stays as it will fail
     1 people found this helpful

They said they want feedback still, so...

The drop rates are bad. Even improved to 50% it's bad. There is a 1/2 chance of a classified, then a 1/3 that its the set I want and then a 1/6 that it's a piece I want. That is 1 in 36 chances I'll see something I actually need. This igrnors the armor, stat, major and minor rolls and their chances. Sure two recalibration lines help with the latter part, but less than 3% chance is ridiculous when they say an average solo player can earn 1 cache an hour. That's a typical run for most of that description. So at best 7 caches, maybe 1 classified. Then time's up and good luck with open world RNG....

Hardcore players or anyone with a decent group really and a few hours a day will likely get a set of classified using Clear Sky heroic runs. That's several cache's an hour using Marco's latest suggestion. As for me, solo with no group to run with I have to try my luck with randoms or go to Lexington. Maybe the Ninja bags I've saved are good enough. At least classifieds aren't needed for PvE.

Classified set mixing

Wait, we can't add 2 pieces of classified gear to an existing 4 piece (of the same set) and get the 5 and 6 piece bonus? WTF is that? And then the drop rate is so low, it will take forever to get anything remotely useful. So we are basically getting a GS increase for Gear Sets. The drop quality is so random it's a crap shoot if you get anything useful. That's ridiculous.

Originally Posted by alibby53 Go to original post
    Wait, we can't add 2 pieces of classified gear to an existing 4 piece (of the same set) and get the 5 and 6 piece bonus? WTF is that? And then the drop rate is so low, it will take forever to get anything remotely useful. So we are basically getting a GS increase for Gear Sets. The drop quality is so random it's a crap shoot if you get anything useful. That's ridiculous.
    Bingo.

Classified Gear Sets

Originally Posted by Masenku Go to original post
    Bingo.
    Okay, that's just wrong. This is an artificial Gear Score increase. Instead of keeping us busy by having us regrind our builds, why not give us new content. I was expecting to buy content, and if it came with new story missions, parts of the map, even a PVE "DZ" type area with landmarks.... i'd be excited to buy it.

Originally Posted by alibby53 Go to original post
    Okay, that's just wrong. This is an artificial Gear Score increase. Instead of keeping us busy by having us regrind our builds, why not give us new content. I was expecting to buy content, and if it came with new story missions, parts of the map, even a PVE "DZ" type area with landmarks.... i'd be excited to buy it.
    But yes, for the 5 and 6 piece bonuses to activate all 5 and 6 pieces must be Classified of the same set. Ninja-glue will not work here for 5 and 6 piece activation. At less than 3% per cache for a specific item it will be a lot of caches to get a full set. If you have 5 pieces you can expect it to take around 30 caches for the final piece to show up, or 45,000 global event tokens if you want to look at it that way. Best of luck agents.

Most people aren't going to see a complete set. Unless they up the drop rate, create gear specific caches, better yet both. Or guarenteed drops from once a day activities would be good. Run in a group of 4 all week and you may be able to trade to complete sets that way. Clear sky heroic and Lexington will be busy the week of the global event.

This is the largest reason I think classifieds are not worth it. A new carrot on a stick to chase in the same content we've been playing with some new modifiers for a week. Fresh take on an old thing. As you said, gear score increase without the increase or world tier.

Thankfully you don't NEED these sets if you don't PvP as the increase in stats isn't that critical. 3 Strikers, 1 Nomad, 1 Sentry/Tactician/whatever (another Nomad will get constant healing if you take no damage for a few seconds) with Ninja-glue and 2 additional rolls of health on kill and Predatory on your gun is about as strong as Striker's 6 piece if you keep killing NPC's fast. It just requires kills for the healing, not hits. So you have to stay accurate in your hits.

Edit; I would also buy DLC if it introduced a pile of organic strongholds to the LZ (with reset timers like the DZ), supply drops and contamination events at hourly intervals.

Gear sets

Actually if they came out with that DLC it would be throw money at the screen time, to quote someone from another game, lol.

Seriously though, you've done the math to highlight a major issue in the game in general (drop rates as you try to build quality builds). To solve the Classified issue, i'd be happy buying Classified Gear Sets preferably as a group, versus random sets, like we can in the PTS. Charge ridiculous amounts of PHX credits for one, but you get a set of 6, then it's a question of Roll quality. I built out a decent 6 piece Striker set after burning through like 30 Striker Classified Caches. Then rolled like thunder in a hurricane to tweak the stats to improve what I accepted I had. Not sure how many millions of credits I would have burned through but it may have been the GDP of some small island nations. Took maybe 2 hours (buy, open, decide, get rid of junk, reroll).

Thanks. RNG is brutal, I'm still hunting some pieces to improve my builds for preference of visible gear sets.

I'd like to see 5 and 6 piece bonuses activate from any 5 or 6 pieces of the gear set (normal or classified) but no Ninja activation. Leave the classifieds though with higher stat rolls and the ability to reroll 2 lines as though they were a new gear score.

They should have just done a gear score increase or done a better job with the attainability of the classifieds.