Unable to run 1701 A.D.

I have an original disc gold edition of 1701 A.D. with the installation key at the back of the manual. But there was no prompt for this key during installation. When I clicked the play button, an error message "please insert the original DVD of 1701 A.D." appeared. Please help!

I also tried activating the key through my Uplay account but an invalid key message popped up. It seems keys from retail versions cannot be activated on Uplay.

Edit: Nevermind, problem solved.

Sorry that you are having a problem but that is what you have to do is run the disk. They didn't fix it to 1404 where you could go without a disk. There are software out there to run it without the disk. But then you could have problem with the TAGS. So just run the the disk because it is looking for those tags on the disk. One out thing that you could do is buy from like Steam then you don't need the disk. Sorry.

How

I recently Bought the game and I am trying to get around the "Original Disc" Problem, what was your solution?

Ubi-Woofer's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by ClearDragon117 Go to original post
    I recently Bought the game and I am trying to get around the "Original Disc" Problem, what was your solution?
    Hey ClearDragon117, are you trying to use the disc you own together with your activation key? What is the issue that you are facing specifically?