Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative

R6 Community Discusses - Kafe Dostoyevsky

This week's discussion will focus on the map Kafe. This series has been added to the R6 forums to facilitate discussions among the community involving map tips and strategy that often get buried or lost in the abundance of others posts that flood the forums.

The goal of this series is to not only give new players a primer on a specific map, but also for mid-level or competitive players a chance to share the knowledge that they have accrued in their experiences and maybe let people know something that they did not know before.

For this edition, we will discuss the map, Kafe!

Link to Kafe Info HERE
    Kafe Wiki
    Rainbow Six Complete Guide

Below are some discussion points we would like to see from community members that decide to respond. Feel free to discuss other information that may be helpful to the community about this map. Posts that do not contribute to the healthy discussion of this thread will be removed.

1) In your opinion, what is the best area of the map for defenders/attackers?
    2) Which Operators shine on this map? Which operators have you struggled with here?
    3) The camera placement, how well is the map covered by defender cameras?
    4) Objective placements, which is your favorite location? Least favorite?
    5) Which game modes do you prefer on this map?
    6) Spawn locations. yay or nay on the current locations?
    7) Has this map made you play the game differently?
    8) Map layout, what do you think of the design of this map?
    9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this map?
    10) What is your overall opinion of this map? Where would you rank it among the other maps in the game?

You can also add to any of our previous discussions: R6 Discusses - All Topics

Top floor is feels abit defender sided while ground floor kitchen feels attacker sided, train museum feels pretty balanced.
    Overall decent map.
    music is awful tho, why the hell would anyone drink coffee there.
    Only maps worth discussing are plane/bartlett/house/favela/yacht given how awful they are in my opinion.

IQ discussion thread when?

For attackers is Cigar Lounge and for defenders is Train Museum.
    2) Which Operators shine on this map? Which operators have you struggled with here? Blackbeard is good because there are lots of windows on this map. I don't think there's somebody you should not pick on this map.
    It's one of the few maps where the camera placement is decent.
    4) Objective placements, which is your favorite location? Least favorite? My Favorite is Kitchen, while my least favorite is Cigar Lounge.
    5) Which game modes do you prefer on this map? I really like Hostage on this map. Bomb is pretty good too.
    6) Spawn locations. yay or nay on the current locations? It's very easy to get spawn peeked, so nay.
    7) Has this map made you play the game differently? Its a very difficult map because it has a unique design,it's very open with few rooms.
    8) Map layout, what do you think of the design of this map? Don't really like the design.
    9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this map? Watch out for spawn peekers and there are not many places to hide on this map since there are only a few rooms.
    10) What is your overall opinion of this map? Where would you rank it among the other maps in the game? I think it's a very open map and not very destructible, which make it unsuitable for Siege.

The ATT spawn on the back side is very exposed on both sides of the blocking building. The defenders can defend that top floor with easy using all those extra windows and ledge.

There's no good camera to watch the outside doorway near the reading room.

4) Objective placements, which is your favorite location? Least favorite?
    All places are good. If anything, the Train room sucks with the open fireplace. But nothing worth re-mapping.

I would say it is a well balanced map. A lot of angels to worry about whether your an attacker or defender.A lot flank routes. Hard map to play. You have to stay on your toes. Makes the map exciting. Fantastic map imo.

In my opinion, the best defense room is Train Museum but we would need more camping sites. I've been driving with mass operators here but my wish is that you are doing an operator that can scan through the reinforced wall that makes them much easier to check them and you can kill a lot easier.

Zoro's Avatar Community Representative
    Thank you to everyone for contributing so far this week! It's great to see a few new faces in our discussions!

Originally Posted by Burer92 Go to original post
    Top floor is feels abit defender sided while ground floor kitchen feels attacker sided, train museum feels pretty balanced.

IQ discussion thread when?
    We can discuss IQ in our next thread! Thanks for the feedback Burer92, I hope to see you back next time!

Originally Posted by Stegeop Go to original post
    7) Has this map made you play the game differently? Its a very difficult map because it has a unique design,it's very open with few rooms.
    8) Map layout, what do you think of the design of this map? Don't really like the design.
    9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this map? Watch out for spawn peekers and there are not many places to hide on this map since there are only a few rooms.
    10) What is your overall opinion of this map? Where would you rank it among the other maps in the game? I think it's a very open map and not very destructible, which make it unsuitable for Siege.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts Stegeop! While having fewer destructible surfaces in certain areas definitely effects strategic options, having to approach situations with a different mindset is part of what makes each map unique from the others. I'm curious, who do you usually play on Kafe to make up for the difference in tactics required for the map layout?

feffreyfeffrey's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Zoro Go to original post
    Thank you to everyone for contributing so far this week! It's great to see a few new faces in our discussions!

We can discuss IQ in our next thread! Thanks for the feedback Burer92, I hope to see you back next time!

IQ doesn't need a discussion though
    Why not discuss a operator sorth talking about? Like KapKan?

Why doesn't IQ need a discussion?

She has amazing weapons but a very situational gadget? I'm sure there would be a lot of varying views on her usefulness to the attackers' team...

Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative
    Hey guys!

Thanks all for posting and sharing your thoughts on Kafe this past week! Our next discussion will be about the Operator Mute!

We hope to hear your thoughts this week as well!