Strong Female Characters

I know we're early in the game here, but I'm gonna throw this out here.

As far as I can see, BGAE2 looks like it is gonna be an amazing game. That being said, I feel the point of this whole forum and the space monkey program are to help point out potential future issues, and I feel like I've caught onto a big one just from viewing the trailer and the character concept art.

From what I've seen in the concept and trailer work we have:

Male characters: Sexy young pirate guys, brutish mafioso types, little dwarf men, grizzled cyborg pirate men, old men, young men, gross men, and an assortment of male hybrid animal characters. Lot of different animal hybrid men.

Female Characters: Badass young, hot women. Sexy asian mafioso secretary?

That's it. Notice how there is a HUGE gap between the diversity of the male characters your are presenting us and the very very limited variety of female characters.

Granted, I love the designs of the female characters you have provided, but there need to be some older women, some younger non sexy woman, some gross cyber augmented women, and a lot of female hybrids (unless there is BGAE lore hat says hybrids can't be female? If that's the case it still seems like a weird cop-out but this should mean there needs to be even more diversity within the female human population)

I mean, I know fanboys want to see hot girls, and there shouldn't be a lack of hot women, or men, but if you want this game to feel real and cool you REALLY need to diversify these designs. It's 2017 and you're aiming to make a game that will feel incredibly dated in a regressive social manner if this weird gender gap remains. If you're worried about marketing, okay, keep the hot badass women in your trailer, but at the least put some other types of female characters in your backgrounds, in you side quests and your character design lineups.

I want this game to be as good as it can be, and not to be torn apart by social justice issues after years of development, so consider this carefully. Because it will come around and bite you in the *** if you shelve it for too long.
     5 people found this helpful

Legion-495's Avatar Senior Member
    May I get to know why the hell this thread is having a double existance?^^
    In the case you wonder. Just PM a Mod to delete one.
     1 people found this helpful

Shes Asian. Thats pretty diverse. lol I can count the number of female Asians with just one hand. And most of them arent even drawn to look Asian. We usually always get some hot sexy blonde. Normally. Even the Brunettes are Caucasian.
    But you are right. I think we need more girls.

But you are right. I think we need more girls.

After taking in all of the released information regarding BG&E2, I can assure you that this is a non-issue in the final game. BG&E2 will probably have the most extensive character creation options you have ever seen and you can play as whatever you want. That means that it is up to the playerbase to decide who will populate system 3. If there is one game that takes diversity to the next level, it's this one. So I find your comment rather strange. If you can even spot some kind of patriarchal system in Beyond Good and Evil 2, where you can play as a genderfluid panda, then I don't think the issue lies with the developers.

In the latest trailer we get to see an older woman as well. But I agree it will be nice to see a lot of variety. But I think this game will not lack variety if all the concept art gives us an indication of the final product.

Yer, I am totally hankering to play as a 500-pound Asian woman around age 65 in this game. I will find the debuffs on my fuel burn rate and maneuverability to give me a real "sense of pride and accomplishment".

janekorss's Avatar Banned
    The variety of female characters in the game really needs to be added. It will also be cool to see mutations on the female body. In general, we are waiting for updates ...

Chvankey's Avatar Junior Member
    The Third World War is over. Britain is crushed. The Queen of Britain flees the country with her servants. With the money saved, she buys a ship and becomes a pirate. Almost forgot: The Queen drinks and smokes a lot.

I think you are over associating jade with (Sandra) The green character their using for playthrough idk her name but iwant u 2 consider masculinity as a perception but a judgement and include jade as the male pirates alter ego i want on your sake dating is the opposite game we make ourselves more receptacle to a same amount of situations; im doing 3 things wrong posting, receptacle mind reading, pressing the post button. X by 2 / by 1 im reading the post mind reading, and closing the website. (For my first response ever, sry im bored spoiled. )