🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Anno forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
  1. #1

    Anno 1602 no Saves able to load

    hi comunity;
    i bought Anno 1602 in sale and the game run, but i cant load my saved games. i see them ingame, but cant select them and cant load them.
    without loading games,they are absolut useless

    fix it pls, maybe the client block it
     3 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    16,577
    Hello and welcome to the Forums,

    First, please try verifying your files in Uplay.

    Then, are your save games located in the file as shown here?
    https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/0...ay-save-files/

    If none of this helps, please get in touch with our Support team directly so they can troubleshoot this with you.

    Thanks
    Share this post

  3. #3

    still sad

    so i found my folder where everything is installed but there was NO "savegames"-folder.the rest looks similar.
    i created the folder and startet a game, saved it and the new folder with "savegames" is still empty. but ingame i can see my saves but cant select or load them. the same problem i heared by any other people too, that they can see their saves but no select and no use able.
    can only be a problem by ubisoft, cause i have the old original anno1602 CD too,and there is no problem like this
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  4. #4
    I have the same problem. I can not load any savegames. Very unfortunate
    Share this post

  5. #5
    hey guys,
    got the same Problem, u just need to create a new folder named Savegame in the game folder and then it works.
    Like this:
    F:\Program Files (x86)\Anno 1602\Ger\Savegame
     5 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by andersonfrs1982 Go to original post
    hey guys,
    got the same Problem, u just need to create a new folder named Savegame in the game folder and then it works.
    Like this:
    F:\Program Files (x86)\Anno 1602\Ger\Savegame
    Holy **** that worked! Thanks!

    In my case it looked like this: G:\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Anno 1602\Eng\Savegame - now I can load the saves I saved!

    PS - how do I quit the game besides pressing ALT + F4? There is no option to leave current game to get to main menu and quit or outright quit....
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Ubi-Woofer's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,873
    Originally Posted by andersonfrs1982 Go to original post
    hey guys,
    got the same Problem, u just need to create a new folder named Savegame in the game folder and then it works.
    Like this:
    F:\Program Files (x86)\Anno 1602\Ger\Savegame
    Thank you for sharing your solution with everyone, andersonfrs1982!

    Originally Posted by Zachboy20132013 Go to original post
    Holy **** that worked! Thanks!

    In my case it looked like this: G:\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Anno 1602\Eng\Savegame - now I can load the saves I saved!

    PS - how do I quit the game besides pressing ALT + F4? There is no option to leave current game to get to main menu and quit or outright quit....
    Hey Zachboy20132013, are you able to see an option called "Exit" on the save game menu? Does this work for you to be able to exit from the game?

    If you do not see this option, please let me know, and I'll investigate further.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Woofer Go to original post
    Hey Zachboy20132013, are you able to see an option called "Exit" on the save game menu? Does this work for you to be able to exit from the game?

    If you do not see this option, please let me know, and I'll investigate further.
    Yes I do actually....it's fine - I probably had discovered this later but forgot(or maybe I didn't forget and thought it wasn't worth reviving a thread over) to update my post with this bit of information. It's kinda odd that it isn't findable until you get into the save menu but that's probably a logical place to have it considering a game can run for hours and you want to save instead of quitting outright unless you don't care and were just mucking around....

    It's been a while since I last play that game, but you've now reminded me and I still have it installed! hahaha...perhaps it's time to dust it off and continue on with my campaign? Get back into my 12 hr straight game session, like the good old days!

    But thanks for reviving this thread to make sure all issues were resolved.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Ubi-Woofer's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,873
    Originally Posted by Zachboy20132013 Go to original post
    Yes I do actually....it's fine - I probably had discovered this later but forgot(or maybe I didn't forget and thought it wasn't worth reviving a thread over) to update my post with this bit of information. It's kinda odd that it isn't findable until you get into the save menu but that's probably a logical place to have it considering a game can run for hours and you want to save instead of quitting outright unless you don't care and were just mucking around....

    It's been a while since I last play that game, but you've now reminded me and I still have it installed! hahaha...perhaps it's time to dust it off and continue on with my campaign? Get back into my 12 hr straight game session, like the good old days!

    But thanks for reviving this thread to make sure all issues were resolved.
    Hey again Zachboy20132013, it's my pleasure to have helped you - I do realise my response was quite belated, but I did just want to make sure you'd solved the issue and provide the info for anyone visiting your thread in the future

    I think possibly the option to quit is in the save menu as many players will save only before quitting, and thus it's easily accessible in that regard. Do let me know if you have any feedback about its placement though.

    Twelve hours straight would be some serious dedication - best stock up on snacks! Have fun if you do decide to dive back in!
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Woofer Go to original post
    Hey again Zachboy20132013, it's my pleasure to have helped you - I do realise my response was quite belated, but I did just want to make sure you'd solved the issue and provide the info for anyone visiting your thread in the future

    I think possibly the option to quit is in the save menu as many players will save only before quitting, and thus it's easily accessible in that regard. Do let me know if you have any feedback about its placement though.

    Twelve hours straight would be some serious dedication - best stock up on snacks! Have fun if you do decide to dive back in!
    Hah, if you think that's serious dedication, you should have seen me when I was going 40 hrs straight playing Civilization 5 or classic Diablo! Then there are those who play even longer than my longest, without a break!

    What kind of hardcore gamer doesn't play a game this long without breaks?! Hahahaha Can never get out of it if you're in that moment! Also probably helps if you don't have any other life commitments I guess.... But man does that euphoric feel good! Any good way to keep that going up? Hahaha... Coz I sure need it when I have a huge backlog of games to go through...right about now...
    Share this post