I just wanted to toss this into the ring since I d/l the UQMG a few weeks ago. It has unlocked this thing and here's why. I have a low-end computer and as such cannot fly the Single missions and Campaigns even though I would love to. So, about all I can manage is QMB stuff with like 4 to 10 planes in the air. Even then when the shooting starts my fps is gonna be down in the teens. Anyway, I was happy when the Japanese planes started to appear (I love the Pacific) and wanted to fly things like the P-40 in US markings etc. Another thing I have always enjoyed is being able to do a solo takeoff and just practice landings, from the field of my choice. You could do this in CFS2 with the Freeflight option, but not in FB, at least not with the QMB. I tried the FMB a couple of times but for me it just wasn't userfriendly and I did not like it. Also, as much as I like the A6M5 Zero flying it over Moscow wasn't much fun for me.

So, enter the UQMG. What a great package. Now I can fly where ever I want. It is easy to use and has loads of options. Thanks to it I am enjoying the Pacific, the Ardennes, Stalingrad, etc. If I don't feel like doing any shooting which is kind of rare then I can just do free-flight stuff. Hopefully soon I can upgrade to a machine that can really run FB to it's potential, and for people that can do that now the UQMG makes it possible to create missions with a huge number of A/C.

Right now I am only getting a fraction of what this sim offers because of my computer, but at least my enjoyment of that has really increased.

Remember Peleliu 1944

I just wanted to toss this into the ring since I d/l the UQMG a few weeks ago. It has unlocked this thing and here's why. I have a low-end computer and as such cannot fly the Single missions and Campaigns even though I would love to. So, about all I can manage is QMB stuff with like 4 to 10 planes in the air. Even then when the shooting starts my fps is gonna be down in the teens. Anyway, I was happy when the Japanese planes started to appear (I love the Pacific) and wanted to fly things like the P-40 in US markings etc. Another thing I have always enjoyed is being able to do a solo takeoff and just practice landings, from the field of my choice. You could do this in CFS2 with the Freeflight option, but not in FB, at least not with the QMB. I tried the FMB a couple of times but for me it just wasn't userfriendly and I did not like it. Also, as much as I like the A6M5 Zero flying it over Moscow wasn't much fun for me.

So, enter the UQMG. What a great package. Now I can fly where ever I want. It is easy to use and has loads of options. Thanks to it I am enjoying the Pacific, the Ardennes, Stalingrad, etc. If I don't feel like doing any shooting which is kind of rare then I can just do free-flight stuff. Hopefully soon I can upgrade to a machine that can really run FB to it's potential, and for people that can do that now the UQMG makes it possible to create missions with a huge number of A/C.

Right now I am only getting a fraction of what this sim offers because of my computer, but at least my enjoyment of that has really increased.

Remember Peleliu 1944

yeah.. it really is a great utility.. I love it for hosting online missions. So easy to change things on the fly.

Blazing Magnums 357th VFG
    bm357.com | Roster | Flash Cartoon | BroDawg | QuickTime Video
    Blazing_Magnums Server

Guys,

Thank you... now for good news... I am uploading the new upgrade in hours... you will literally go crazy with the new features... especially if you liked the feel that the MS CFS Free Flight gave you...

Stay tuned and thanks for the support.

Great news Uber.

Widgeon

Uberdemon, if you are still on here let me ask you something... I would like to be able to use the Berlin and Kursk maps but I am strictly an off-line single player and see that they are not available. Will this be changing? Also, I have done some practice bombing on ships in the Pacific area from the P-47. I have also strafed and fired rockets at them but they never seem to show any damage. Are the ships modeled to show damage?
    Thanks for your answers and thanks for what you do!!

sledgehammer2

Remember Peleliu 1944

1 - Berlin is coming... literally in seconds... right after this post I'll announce it.

2 - Damage in ships is not too easy to see. Those things were tough. If you inflict a lot of damage you will see it. For example, the chimney will be knocked out... also you will see visible damage... but to do that you have to use some pretty heavy ammo, like rockets, and some bombs. Cannon damage will not be visible unless you have unlimited ammo and you make a bunch of passes. Rockets are your best bet.

Did you find out what was causing the IL-4 (1942) not to show up UberDemon?

No1_Moggy
    -----
    In memory of 'The Few'

The Tangmere Pilots - http://www.tangmerepilots-raf.co.uk/
    Know your enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles, you will never be defeated.

Nope... no idea about the IL-4

BTW,

Upgrade is ready for download... cant post here for some reason, keep getting an error.

The thread has links at Simhq, NetWings, and Ilyushin2.net if you want to read about the new features before downloading.

Hi, UberD. I am still hopeful of downloading the UQMG, but for some reason even though I have broadband, I'm getting 4 kbps on the transfer. That's dial-up speed , do you know what could be happening ?

Thanks.