Legion-495's Avatar Senior Member
     1 people found this helpful

bitebug2003's Avatar Global Moderator
    Is this still 'Unofficial'?

Isn't everything that's been confirmed posted here?

Originally Posted by bitebug2003 Go to original post
    Is this still 'Unofficial'?

Isn't everything that's been confirmed posted here?
    Weeeeeeeeellllllll xD
    It is essentially my edit and I can make mistakes. It is moderated by me and not a Manager.
    I did not change it to unofficial in the first place xD
    I also took many speculations and I changed many things over time. That is why mention if you notice anything say it and I will add it or correct false information. Since I had a request regarding sharing this it is even more important to use this notice.
    Btw sorry for the slow reply. I am not the fastest but I always notice the BGE2 updates.

ADDING THE DARK SIDE of the moon, duh

What an amazing collection of information, thank you!

I still wonder though, what they mean by 'playing solo'.

• Do they mean you can play solo in a world where other players can attack you (always open for pvp, like Sea of Thieves for example)?
    • Do they mean you can play solo, safe from harm from other players, but while you still see other players running around (like in Elder Scrolls Online or The Old Republic)?
    • Or do they mean you can play the game solo, completely away from everyone else, on your own server, solo solo?

Same for co-op. Is it you and your friend against the game (pve only) or is it you and your friend versus the game as well as versus other players? I hope there will be an option to turn pvp off, because it really distracts me from the story in most games. And I care a lot about the BGAE story!

First of all notice this gets added:
    Space Pirate Fighter Customization

Originally Posted by Prinseslettuce Go to original post
    What an amazing collection of information, thank you!

I still wonder though, what they mean by 'playing solo'.

• Do they mean you can play solo in a world where other players can attack you (always open for pvp, like Sea of Thieves for example)?
    • Do they mean you can play solo, safe from harm from other players, but while you still see other players running around (like in Elder Scrolls Online or The Old Republic)?
    • Or do they mean you can play the game solo, completely away from everyone else, on your own server, solo solo?

Same for co-op. Is it you and your friend against the game (pve only) or is it you and your friend versus the game as well as versus other players? I hope there will be an option to turn pvp off, because it really distracts me from the story in most games. And I care a lot about the BGAE story!
    The game as far as I understand goes under the "Game as a service" thing which means you are in need to be always online. As far as Coop goes it seems it is kind of like Division where your number of players is limited and they only join into your team if you so desire. Solo play literally means just playing alone in the always online world. It is rather unclear if you are still able to see players which are not really in your group.
    I personally doubt that you are able to see random people.

As you may noticed people are very unhappy about the online-only section including me. I will not be in support of this unless they PROMISE that the game will get patched to run offline once servers shut down(or release the serverside details). After all, we buy the game (we own it and not just an allowance to play it -> which has been ruled in courts) and shutting down a server is a different form of planned obsolescence, sabotaging a product after it has been sold. One could make a court case and probably win that. I like to refer to this new video I found regarding that.

I suspect it to be PvE only BUT no one really knows details.

I think its much better have a new live stream than an E3 presentation, because BGE2 isn't gonna be buried among so many presentations. Of course when the game its done, needs to be present there.

Dito

I will add screenshots and details next weekend.