Legion-495's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by xXSYKLOMXx Go to original post
    We know it will be wonderfull, but the soul of bge1 will die. It´s like a gta, zelda, witcher and no mans sky mix! No Pay-J, no double H, no Jade.. I lost my mind, when i heard of the bge2, but my heart broke, when i saw the whole idea behind this! Sad!

Is there any official date for the release?
    There is not ETA and it should have been clear that there is no fanservice.
    Effectively it is its own game.

Cara2100's Avatar Member
    I'm not understanding the beta and why in a single player game, I'm actually afraid they'll fail, lots of great ideas, and ubisoft with performance issues

and I understand why bge1 is so different and I agree with him

Originally Posted by Cara2100 Go to original post
    I'm not understanding the beta and why in a single player game, I'm actually afraid they'll fail, lots of great ideas, and ubisoft with performance issues

and I understand why bge1 is so different and I agree with him
    Well in technical type of performance Ubisoft does very great in openworld titles (Very good scaling up to 6-8 CPU threads). After all the game uses a tailored engine.
    Ubisoft with a game as service has done OK (Rainbow Six Siege) and they showed it is able to work out if that is a goal here? Who knows?

That is not a Beta nor is it even Alpha. That is a real game in development one might encounter on a early access.
    This does not compare with the already finished game Betas which have been a thing with CoD etc.
    The point is they want to know what the audience wants which is probably the whole reason for this. I bet they want to heavily avoid a BGE1 desaster (Very bad sales).

A game can always fail. Yet the devs are so super dedicated to it. I will wait this out. There have been things in the past which looked like massive fails and went full hypetrain.

Evolve

Originally Posted by Jarl.Felix Go to original post
    This game looks just like a ripoff of all good things from successul RPG-s, zero innovation.. interesting )
    How many console titles are open world space faring titles? A tragic few. And the ones we did get were often critical failures. Learning from better titles makes better games. A lot of games are better because titles before it got that one thing right that no game before it got right. For example, Horizon Zero Dawn is awesome, in part because of the The Witcher 3. Just because a title borrows and learns from a previous title some element of awesomeness doesn't necessarily make it a ripoff.

Ubisoft better notice the titles in this game landscape that have succeeded and adopt what works and build upon that in order to make a good game. I expect to see TW3 depth-level side quests (which they learned in part as seen in ACO). I want tough satisfying combat like a Nioh, NieR, or a Souls. Really good dogfighting like Eve titles. Meaningful planetary exploration that learns from failed titles like NMS.
    And a polished finished title that is NOT plagued by bug after bug after bug on the day of release just because some investor is forcing a release date.

Learn, adopt, adapt. We're watching and they, the devs, should also be paying attention.

In fact this is the way the game industry works.
    I mean like you gotta know whats good and bad so you play games from other publishers too right?

My opinion is that fight should be not very extensive. It did fine in the first game so they could take that and make it fancy looking.

Originally Posted by Legion-495 Go to original post
    My opinion is that fight should be not very extensive. It did fine in the first game so they could take that and make it fancy looking.
    I would love to play the first game once Xbox figures out it's sh*te. From what I've seen of it though, I agree.

I still want to see something different in terms of ship combat gameplay. I mentioned in another post maybe taking cues from bullet hell titles like Ikaruga and Sine Mora.

I wait on that.
    I don't think BGE is much of a bullet hell game itself. I hope for a more StarTreky approach on combat with ships^^

Hmm nothing big to report. We got new polls but people probably noticed that^^ Since there are many votes already.

atubaboun's Avatar Member
    just noticed that for two months (since the new post frequence increased) there's been a new post aproximately every 15 days. This might be the new rate at which we'll see new posts from now on.

I hope so^^ I assume the development moves faster now.