SuperBiscotCOT's Avatar Senior Member
    Hey !

Was quite busy recently and that kind of thread will be really usefull to catch up with last informations.
    Thank you for creating it !

Legion-495's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by SuperBiscotCOT Go to original post
    Hey !

Was quite busy recently and that kind of thread will be really usefull to catch up with last informations.
    Thank you for creating it !
    It was something we really needed. No problem.
    I have to say this wouldn't be as good running as it is now without all those people who post about new news.

I think I got the passion for this tho
    Just the need to know everything that is going on around the game really kinda pushes me to check and I feel happy to be able to contribute to a important part of the forum.
    I even started playing the original again.

Leave a like and subscribe!
    I actually though about that as YT joke but you actually are able to like and subscribe here xD

Why did he show the image of Jade, Double H, and Pey'j? What did he say about it?

Originally Posted by Telemanus Go to original post
    Why did he show the image of Jade, Double H, and Pey'j? What did he say about it?
    They talked about the first BGE2.1 like they call it
    from what we have now it's nothing really important
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by walikour Go to original post
    They talked about the first BGE2.1 like they call it
    from what we have now it's nothing really important
    Oh alright then. I hope someday we'll find out what will happen to Pey'J. But we'll only get it if Montpellier want to make it. And they don't want to now apparently. :P

https://twitter.com/Willvs/status/883261729744064512

If you just want to see what BGE2.1 look like
    they talk about the slowmow camera(for photo) and about how the camera(game) switches between room when you battle for a better view.

https://twitter.com/Willvs/status/883261729744064512

If you just want to see what BGE2.1 look like
    they talk about the slowmow camera(for photo) and about how the camera(game) switches between room when you battle for a better view.
    OMG, mutated DomZ faces again! Virus detected. I wish they would've finished that. It actually comes quite close to BG&E1 with more matured graphics.

Still, it doesn't take away my excitement for BG&E2, which looks more colourful than this "old" BG&E2.

E: 30 minutes later, I'm a little bit emotional after seeing this older BG&E2. Seemed like they really had a story in mind. They knew what Jade, Pey'J and Double H were going to do. After BG&E1, Jade is still out there somewhere on a desert planet, fighting mutated DomZ soldiers while the trio beloved characters experience all kind of emotional stuff again.

I do kind of understand the prequel part now. They worked for maybe three years on the old BG&E2. That didn't work out, and they didn't like doing it anymore because of technical problems. If they made a sequel now that it is possible, it would mean they would have to do all the desert planet stuff again from scratch using their new engine. Redoing all they have already made before. No-one would like that. So they decided to go for a prequel. It all makes sense now.

After seeing this I really hope they remember the story they had in mind and bring it to us sometime. For now I just hope Jade's history will get a nice big focus in the new BG&E2.

Translation from an interview that happened at the Gamecamp
    Interviewer: How do you feel the pressure from the fan
    Michel Ancel: It's a good question, you have to know that we have a lot of respect for our fans even if we know we are mean with them because we are not doing what they call "fanservice" we are not saying "oh what would they like us to do etc " we are trying to be really upright about our creative approach, we say we have something in mind, we had something in mind who is not what we did back with BGE1, we do not want to be confined in the myth of a game we want to make the elements we wanted to make back in time wich does not mean we want to betray BGE1 or his spirit
    but i think it's important for us to be upright and not just here with seduction and fanservice if not at this point we are no longer listening to what we learned over time to what we want to make on a game to what we wanted to make and where we did not succed so we try to be honest but i read a lot of comments i look to com threads on BGEGAME there are wonderfull comentaries on the role of female characters wich are really interessting themes, all those threads are interesting and are a part of an echange we are trying to create
    And the biggest reason BGE2 is a prequel is because of the multiplayer backin the ps3/xbox360the mutliplayer was a thing but not included in every game so instead of modifying the story to fit the multiplayer they decided to tell the story from another point of the time.
    I find that really great because Xenoblade chronicles X got a lot of the story put in the trash because of the mutliplayer they added.

So yeah BGE3 is a thing and is already created if BGE2 is selling well it will be no problem to get it.

Beyond Good & Evil 1: tell the middle of the story
    Beyond Good & Evil 2.1: tell the end of the story
    Beyond Good & Evil 2.2: tell the begining of the story

edit: Coucou Michel

So yeah BGE3 is a thing and is already created if BGE2 is selling well it will be no problem to get it.

Beyond Good & Evil 1: tell the middle of the story
    Beyond Good & Evil 2.1: tell the end of the story
    Beyond Good & Evil 2.2: tell the begining of the story

I don't think you're right on that one. BG&E 2.1 isn't even remotely close to finished, right? They cancelled it because of technical problems. I don't think we'll ever see how the story of Jade and Pey'j ends. Hope I'm wrong though.

They should give BG&E1 away for free to everyone who buys BG&E2.2. That way everyone gets to experience the tale of Jade as well.

Legion-495's Avatar Senior Member
    Guys. First we focus on the BGE2 we have now.

But I gotta say they seem to have worked out quite a junk of the 2008 game.
    Recreating on having a base for it isn't as hard as making a totally new one.

That said in my opinion we could very well end up with a new BGE series and the first game gets finished in detail with a spinoff. Since we have characters creation now I actually doubt we will ever play Jade again. But we might get a clearer view on that if we get know if the gamedevelopment still has the trilogy in mind. I asked at #askbeyond.

One thing for sure. We really do not know and hella lot will depend on the success of the game.
    Such stuff never gets disclosed before.