1 people found this helpful

Legion-495's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by walikour Go to original post
    Will do. Tomorrow. I gotta recheck everything and it is super late.
    Big thanks for the link I saved it for me. I will restructure the whole thread. I kinda have some very similar points seperated and I don't want that^^(Only causes confusion)

For the time I'm not able to update the thread I will link the reddit for now (I 100% will work out a better information thread)
    Will do that in about ~15hours. Gotta go very early^^

Edit: I'm contacting the reddit guy who made that. If everything goes smooth the thread will be updated in a matter of seconds, minutes maaaybe hours.
    Updated. Thanks to Johanson69 for allowing me to use his information collection too. I added anything we missed here.

friendlynightmaresIt won't be like No Man's Sky right??? Like, each world is made by hand by you all? Not randomly generated?? Just making sure I love BG&E with all my heart since I was a kid and I'm so excited ✨❤✨
    michelancel@friendlynightmares Yep , nothing is random. We have control over every rivers , mountains , cities . We prefere quality and storytelling over quantity
    This is from the recent image on Ancel instagram.

So seems like they have procedurally generated environments, but they have full control over that, and the environments will still be the same for everyone. Not random.

That's amazing news! And storytelling!

In depth look of how the game is made, more info to come when the full conference will be posted.
    Ancel said making BGE2 and Wild is easy.

Originally Posted by Telemanus Go to original post
    So seems like they have procedurally generated environments, but they have full control over that, and the environments will still be the same for everyone. Not random.

That's amazing news! And storytelling!
    Full control. That is super important here
    "Environments will still be the same for everyone. Not random." Well otherwise Coop could be quite confusing I guess and it needs consistency.

This makes actually sense. Chances it generates on the fly? This could be small installer xD

Ok so Michel Ancel showed in the game camp a footage of BGE2 of 2008 and there was Jade taking pictures in slowmotion, and in an indie talk show he said that the team is almost the same from bge2 (2008) and bge (2017) and a lot of the essence of the first bge2 will be kept.
    We can assume there will may be slowmotion when taking pictures.

I am digging so hard right now to find every pieces of this conference...

EditS: Ancel still can't say when the game will came out but in the next 6 months he said there will show on the SMP a lot of content
    -They will present the city in detail
    -The online feature ( he said it work very well)
    -The adventure system

"Environments will still be the same for everyone. Not random." Well otherwise Coop could be quite confusing I guess and it needs consistency.
    It is true but don't forget that asteroids can fall on a planet so at the end everyone should have a different looking planet
    Ancel said in this video

That everyone is freaking out over destructible planets and simulated planets but it's really simple and dumb he says

Yeah but the area is limited which you expect to change anyway^^ And yes I know.
    I'm really into that global effects. Crazy, but I guess as he mentioned it there seems to be a easy way to make that^^

I need subtitles.

Edit: Ty for doing that.

Why is it cool to have sprites, because they are dynamic and so in real time in this planet meteorite can fall and affect the planet.
    Everything i said will make you say "OMG IMPOSSIBLE IT'S SO CRAZY" (0:13-0:16) but it's simple we have an image that we modify like we were used to do 30 years ago.
    He may be speaking about this image, if you consider the world as this picture and the 3D as just an extention of it, it would be possible to modify every piece of it, i don't know if i'm clear or not...

There are people behind this that make everything possible obviously
    I don't know if everyone saw this video or not, i think not, so there is a city who we can alterate, we can modify some zone.
    Do you see the vulcan here ? in the other city, the vulcan is placed by people here and it was easy to do (I just hear half of what he said the sound quality in this video is ****)
    And so we can do, for those who love zelda, compact game with interessting things, we are not in the mindset of making 1 million different planets
    So at 1:05 he dub himself *cartoon voice*
    So here i will show you something super, it does not move but it's super, tell like that it look like a sandwich
    Back to the serious part
    So there is a spatial simulation it's more a detail than somehting else, we make planets move, I will tell you something funny when we go at E3 and we say "there is a simulation of univers" "laugh" people are here like "WOO THAT'S cRAZY" but in reallity it's just things that rotate around each others, and how to say there is nothing complex about this and it's really ridicule, But it exist and in BGE1 we didn't do the univers we forget to do it
    and if we don't do it at first and tell ourselves that's it's impossible to do and we begin by the small stuff at the end we realize that we couldn't do it anymore
    End
    There are others video of Ancel getting interviewed about BGE2 and they asked him why a prequel do you know that we disapoint fans
    Resume of what ancel said: We love our fans and we are mean with them because we don't want to make fan-service, we try to be focus on what we want to make and knowing the mess this serie is i think BGE2 as a prequel is something normal.

But in anyway i have high hope for this game did you know that BGE1 is the only game were Yves guillemot is the producer ? he liked so much the game he came to Ubisoft montpellier and gived his ideas for the game, it was the team that told him that his idea were not possible, i find that quite funny.
    and that's why ancel said "i want to thank with all my heart yves" i think he again puted his hand on the metling pot

Oh and yeah forget about the playable demo for 2017 Ancel said mutliple times that it would be for the next year.

Edit again: i still didn't see the whole conference if anyone find it link it here i would be happy to translate or give a big resume and give the interesting part of it.
     2 people found this helpful

Thumbs up for you my friend.