PLEASE Ubisoft, have Origins run at 4k/30fps but also at 1080p/60fps mode on XBOX 1X!

This is what gamers want! It allows current 1080p users to take advantage of the new hardware and also gives 4k owners the option of higher resolution, or higher framerate, the choice is ours!
    Ideally lock the frame rate at 60fps and dynamically scale the resolution like a lot of other games do these days.. I know its not neccessary for this kind of game, but this option would be HIGHLY valued and should be the new standard for all games moving forward! Anyone agree??

Ubi-QuB3's Avatar Community Manager
    Hey!

The final framerate is still to be decided on all platforms as we’re still optimizing the game, however our dynamic resolution technology allows us to have the best FPS and the best resolution on all platforms at all time. Rest assured, our teams are working on delivering the best experience possible on each platform, leveraging each platform abilities and technologies.

/QuB3
     2 people found this helpful

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    It won't hit 60fps at 1080p. It will most likely be a downsampled 4K Checkerboard render with a more stable framerate.

Originally Posted by pacmanate Go to original post
    It won't hit 60fps at 1080p. It will most likely be a downsampled 4K Checkerboard render with a more stable framerate.
    You don't think the Scorpio can't even handle 1080p 60fps?? That would be a big shame... or do you mean the dev team would likely choose not to make a whole separate low res version to simplify things?

RVSage's Avatar Senior Member
    won't happen due to weak CPU, mostly. It is almost the same one as Xbox One with higher clocks. Will be happy to see 1080p 60, but honestly is difficult to achieve

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    The Scorpio is bottlenecked by its CPU, that is it's weak point.

It's a real shame.. considering they went through all that effort, they should have put in a nicer CPU and raised the price a bit...

Fatal-Feit's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by LankyLayout Go to original post
    It's a real shame.. considering they went through all that effort, they should have put in a nicer CPU and raised the price a bit...
    They did give the CPU a good boost and it'll probably run cooler with the new cooling solution they implemented.

I'm actually interested in how far they could push the frame rate this time, because the Xbox One's CPU was stronger than the PS4's and gave some noticeable improvements in certain games with engines that are more stressful on CPUs, like Unity. People have compared it to the FX-8300/8350, which I've owned in the past, and while targeting 60fps in open world games like Unity was really challenging with the CPU, it wasn't entirely impossible at 1080p. I imagine that console optimization could possibly make 1080p/60fps a reality on the system if MS thinks the effort is worth it.

YazX_'s Avatar AC Volunteer MOD
    DISCLAIMER: This is my very own opinion which is based on assumptions.

well true that but don't forget that DX12 lift alot from the CPU unlike DX11 and most probably the game will be targeting DX12 to get the most out of XBX, so 1080p 60 FPS is very achievable on it on high/ultra settings but i don't believe native nor down-sampled 4k @ 60 FPS is achievable anytime soon, perhaps 30 FPS @ 4k on low settings with low FOV.

Anyhow, i'm sure the team will try to get the last bit drop of performance from all consoles so just hope for the best.