How powerfull rig do you need to do it and is it 4x or may be 8x?

How powerfull rig do you need to do it and is it 4x or may be 8x?

I usually run application Preferencec (no FSAA or AF) at 1600X1200 32 bit and get approximately 45-50 fps in busy missions and campaigns.

It looks amazing..

At 1024X768 32 bit, 6X FSAA and application preferencee for Ansio I get 60-70 fps, and it looks basically the same.. the only dramatic difference is the menus..you see a dramatic difference in the menus due to the resolution.

I run an AMD 2600 with a Gig or RAM and a ATI Radeon 9700 Pro.

I fly with 4x and both ati and nvidia max out at 6x-mostly it depends on your vga-I'd say you'd at least need a xp2100+ with half a gig of DDR to fly with 4x and af enabled.

rogo

"Those who long for exaltation look upwards, but I look downwards for I am the exalted."
    Thus Spake Zarathustra.

Has anybody tried to run this game on a laptop? I tried and it was a near disaster. I put my faith into Nvidia's FX5650 Go. It was a major mistake and now I feel burnt...I need to get a real rig 'cause I can't play the game at all. It stutters so much that in ncockpit view my eyes got all f.. up. anyway

Supr's Avatar Senior Member
    I have seen the light. i will never be able to live without aa and af again.

i like my game to look nice

i have AF & AA set to the MAX my GF4 Ti4200 will go on 1160 x 850 screen res (normally & ingame as well)

comp stats :

AMD xp 1600+ cpu (1400mhz actual)
    768 Mb SD RAM (Pc133)

both on a old slow MotherBoard with 5200 rpm H/Ds

i get 25 Fps average online

20 Fps in the pit average

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Supr:
    I have seen the light. i will never be able to live without aa and af again.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me neither. Never play anything without them

1600x1200x32 2xAA and 8xAF

XP64 @ 2.4ghz with 1 GiG RAM and 9800 pro

Tech PC
    PC hardware discussion and tech support

Guys, the info you post is next to useless for anyone else unless you also post what in game settings you use - are you running Excellent or Perfect settings?

Regards,

WB.

2 AA
    8 AF
    1280x1024x32
    Excellent
    OpenGL

AMD Athlon XP2600+
    ATI Radeon 9600 Pro(4.1 drivers)
    1 gig ram

40 fps avg w/109k pit

YANKEE ROSE
    -----------
    "For a world of happiness & equality is but a fantasy driven by men who envy the ruling class."

[This message was edited by Teufel_Eldritch on Thu March 18 2004 at 01:17 AM.]