1. #1

    Stability Improvement

    I think the quit penalty has improved stability of matches. Last night was the first time I've ever played all night(4hrs) without one single D.C. (In every possible game mode excluding ai.). Seems like you're on the right track to me.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    I played around 4 hours too with no disconnects.... first time in ages.. hopefully it stays that way!
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Theres literally 0 correlation.
    ¨The quit per se, never was the DC cause, the crap network is, and this will remain crap.

    Instead fixing their own connectivity, devs decided to punish players.

    And since threads like your exist, I now understand why they did it.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    FredEx919's Avatar Community Manager
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,977
    Originally Posted by watsonclan335u Go to original post
    I think the quit penalty has improved stability of matches. Last night was the first time I've ever played all night(4hrs) without one single D.C. (In every possible game mode excluding ai.). Seems like you're on the right track to me.
    Glad to hear that, though we're still dedicated to improving stability and it'll continue to be a main focus of the team. We'll keep working at it. Thanks for the feedback.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Lord-Micidial Go to original post
    Theres literally 0 correlation.
    ¨The quit per se, never was the DC cause, the crap network is, and this will remain crap.

    Instead fixing their own connectivity, devs decided to punish players.

    And since threads like your exist, I now understand why they did it.
    People have been asking for a quit penalty of some kind since release, and the one in place right now is what the devs consider version 1, with more changes to it to come. Stopping rage quitters has the added benefit of improving match stability, but you're foolish if you think its only purpose is as a band-aid against disconnects. The devs have stated many, many times that network stability is an on-going issue that they are constantly working and improving on.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Lord-Micidial Go to original post
    Theres literally 0 correlation.
    ¨The quit per se, never was the DC cause, the crap network is, and this will remain crap.

    Instead fixing their own connectivity, devs decided to punish players.

    And since threads like your exist, I now understand why they did it.
    While I agree the ideal solution would be to just have flawless connectivity and never have any disconnects upon leaving, you are very silly if you think there is no correlation between people leaving the game and the game disconnecting.

    That, or you're the guy leaving.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Tnigz Go to original post
    People have been asking for a quit penalty of some kind since release, and the one in place right now is what the devs consider version 1, with more changes to it to come. Stopping rage quitters has the added benefit of improving match stability, but you're foolish if you think its only purpose is as a band-aid against disconnects. The devs have stated many, many times that network stability is an on-going issue that they are constantly working and improving on.

    Devs can say god exists and she is a women for all I care.

    After 5 months, the whole network is unstable, and a lot of people cannot even finish a game. All documented with video proofs.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Lord-Micidial Go to original post
    Devs can say god exists and she is a women for all I care.

    After 5 months, the whole network is unstable, and a lot of people cannot even finish a game. All documented with video proofs.
    Okay but again, the "network" consists solely of you and anyone else in the game. As soon as someone leaves, that network is disrupted. Now that less people are leaving, less networks will be disrupted. Its pretty simple.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Sorry, you must be right, after all you know exactly what sort of play experience that I have in my home, next time before I post to the list I'll be sure to ask you if I'm justified in doing so beforehand. ANY improvement should be welcomed in connectivity if you want someone to take you seriously at all. I'm sure the improvements with a little more data will be measurable and at that time I'd be interested to see a percentage based number in disconnected matches. But maybe you sir are an even better source for those answers?
    Share this post

  10. #10
    anyway i think most of dc's are because of bad internet connections. since closed beta i never have this problem, but last weeks i notice that every time i start game with green nat i have at lest 2 dc's in my "gaming time" (about 3-4 hours), most of times i have yellow nat and while i have yellow dc's are extreamly rare.

    So i just think thats because only green nat can be matched with red nat (worst connection users) thats why many peoples have dc's. its not like 1 or 2 times, i notice it during weeks that always when i start with green nat i have a lot more dc's than usually with yellow nat.
    Share this post