Originally Posted by Kingy77 Go to original post
    Hi all!

I read almost each post of these Space Monkeys topics and I approve most of your ideas and the improvements you propose. Although I'd like all of you to rewind and remember what in BGE gave you so much pleasure, good feelings, interest and emotions. I even advise you to replay it now (was free in HD edition on Xbox Live Gold a few months ago) and witness how the magic still works. I'm not beeing fully objective here (finished the game 5 times already) and most of you won't be neither, but my point is: BGE took us all by our hearts. Not because we are hardcore gamers, not because it was technically advanced, not for its lifespan, not for its complexity, social features or customization tools...
    In the way I see it, BGE 2 must NOT follow any other AAA game. It must not become an Assassin's Creed, or a Deus Ex, or a Horizon... GTA or whatever. We certainly all love these games, but did they give us anything close to what BGE did, with their choices and factions and multiplayer MMO and karma ?
    Let me take some ideas as examples:
    • Main character's customization/race selection: you know how the affection you had for Jade was strongly attached to her features, the way she moved, her voice, her tone, her colours, and the way she interacted with other characters. Could BGE2 be as good with a character you built from hundred possible options? Maybe. How? With a tremendous amount of work that would most surely cause a loss on another part of the game...
    • MMO features/cooperation: I really don't want to see this in BGE2. Or at least I don't want to be forced to play along with other people. Do you really wish to see other people meddle with your BGE experience??? Do you picture yourself, enjoying a moment of contemplation, and then a guy with a dumb nickname over his head is jumping around you... Seriously?! Hell no. I love playing online with FPS and such. Maybe it's just me, but my BGE experience is MINE!
    • Factions/karma: I loved the way those components were managed in the latest Deus Ex or in other RPGs. But I fear it would just add too much complexity to the story-telling and to the identity Michel and his team could inject to the characters. Same arguments than character customization.
    • Huge open world / more secondary quests: BGE had this perfect ratio of exploration, action and contemplation moments. Don't you think? I'm all for a larger world if it keeps at least as good a pace. If I may take GTA V as an example of large open world with numerous secondary quests, I often felt taken away from the core story because of this overwhelming scale. Its breaking the rythm of the game. I think it could damage BGE2's experience to play it in such a scale.

Thank you for reading me.
    I just hope this BGE2 will be as mastered as the first was in every way. Even more. I don't want it to show off, like most of the AAA licenses are doing (bigger maps, better graphics, 4K native...). BGE is not the place for that. It's the place for inspiration, art, emotions, stories and immersion. Let's keep it Zen!
    I think the karma system would work better if it subtle, like you are a pirate, maybe if you visit a store owned by hybrids all the ítems would be cheaper than a anti-hybrids, also cities anti-hybrids you would be looked as a criminal while in the hybrids cities you are more like a hero so you would get less likely to be chased or attacked in an hybrid city than a anti-hybrid city.

Originally Posted by Nhawai_ Go to original post
    Hello to all of you ! I'm so excited about this project !

I have some ideas about the missions given by NPC. Instead of going to a mark on the map to meet a NPC, i think it will be more interesting and more fun if it's on a smoother way.
    I explain my view : You walk into a bar or a place to buy Starkos or another item useful for the adventure. A NPC come and speak to you a few words about "a rare item is a this exact location, if you find it, keep it ! " The mission is launched and it is free to you to follow the indications or not.

Of course, this could be a trap elaborated by another pirates who are against your crew, so be careful.

Also, i would like to see a RPG dimension with skills point to attribuate (driving, shoot, interrogation, investigation or else...) to have your own character. with these specifications.

There is few ideas, maybe not new but there's mine !

Thank for this beautiful announcement and "Viva the Space Monkey Program"

EDIT : IF SOMEBODY WANTS TO CORRECT MY SPEECH, GO AHEAD
    I think this is a pretty cool idea, the fact that you could go to a bar and talk to the npcs and give maybe a treasure hunt, but you must be careful because maybe this is a trap and you can encounter many enemys in a cave or a remote island in that planet, and sometimes you find a big treasure. Also this could add up with my idea of karma system, where you go to a anti-hybrid bar and someone send you to a trap or maybe he is a secret pro hybrids, who is giving you a treasure. Also misdirections would be pretty neat.

Venom_04's Avatar Member
    I think it will be great if we can found some "books" or "digital book" (like the mail and magazine system). A little like the book system in the elder scroll video games.

We can :

- Buy books in store, it will be great if the book we can found for example in the "Planet A" is differont from the book on "Planet B"
    - Found books or article when exploring.
    - If we have book, it will be great to have a digital library like Elder Scroll Online. With the library the player can read again a book discover 15 hours before.

With book system, we can learn more about BG&E Lore and Universe, we can found books about mythology, hybrids, religion, philosophy....

What do you think ?

SuperBiscotCOT's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Fran_0995 Go to original post
    I don't think it will add up to the tone of the BG&E2 this kind of minimap, As the previous one worked with the compass i think the best would be an improved compass, where it show you where the near store, things are, and a minimap working in the menú or perhaps an ebook working as a map, i think that would suit up better than a division type map
    I wasn't thinking at the same design as The Division.

Just the idea that you can display with the S.A.C some sort of map ... more similar to a compass with interest points.
    You could move around to see this map rotating.This would be a normal eviolution of a compass

Originally Posted by Venom_04 Go to original post
    I think it will be great if we can found some "books" or "digital book" (like the mail and magazine system). A little like the book system in the elder scroll video games.

We can :

- Buy books in store, it will be great if the book we can found for example in the "Planet A" is differont from the book on "Planet B"
    - Found books or article when exploring.
    - If we have book, it will be great to have a digital library like Elder Scroll Online. With the library the player can read again a book discover 15 hours before.

With book system, we can learn more about BG&E Lore and Universe, we can found books about mythology, hybrids, religion, philosophy....

What do you think ?

That's a very good point !

I was thinking about the big screens in cities displaying news that refers to actions that players accomplished. It would give players the feeling of progressing in the adventure.

Concerning the idea of some sort of digital books for the history of Systems there is so much that can be done :
    Some of them could be found in old small shops with old, first hybrids explaining you their own stories.
    Or maybe searching in deserts and lonely places, the rests of past cities and vessels.

Map system similar to Hollow Knight

I liked how they did the map system in hollow knight where you hold a button and the lil dude holds out the map and the map pops up on the screen has you hold the button. I really like that system of whenever you want the map just hold a button

Oh et by the way, je suis français aussi !

Originally Posted by IRISNetwork Go to original post
    Great points, and welcome to the forums!
    Thanks IRISNetwork!

Originally Posted by Fran_0995 Go to original post
    I think the karma system would work better if it subtle, like you are a pirate, maybe if you visit a store owned by hybrids all the ítems would be cheaper than a anti-hybrids, also cities anti-hybrids you would be looked as a criminal while in the hybrids cities you are more like a hero so you would get less likely to be chased or attacked in an hybrid city than a anti-hybrid city.
    I see exactly what you mean. There was a similar faction system in Dragon Age if my memory is all right. Although I still think it would unbalance the story that Michel's team will want to tell us. Unless there is a story carefully prepared for each choice you can make, there is a risk that you character will diverge from the core topic. Imagine the story is about a pirate defending the rights of hybrids. How do you justify getting along with an anti-hybrid faction? Infiltration tactics to get intel? Sabotage? And how will the other characters react?
    It could work out, but it would also be incredibly difficult to write...

As for the map system, I agree to the idea that there should be no mini-map. We want this game to be as immersive as possible, and this would be a downer... Although we could imagine having a special ability for the character to track items and relevant locations. Nothing too obvious like an itinerary or a complete map, but a direction tip, or a visual effect.
    Also we could just rely on directions given by the random citizen, like in Shenmue! Loved this idea!
    For the vehicules, a GPS-like map would do OK.

I hope that scenic photography and discovery plays a similar role in BG&E2 as it did in the first game. A very nice aspect of the game for me was this balance between combat and non-combat, this distinct emphasis that athmosphere can play a central role and feed into gameplay.

My ideas for BG&E 2

Hi! After the most anticipated game was announced at E3 2017, I was very excited to play the new prequel, of course! Michel Ancel, the creator of Rayman, always inspired me since my childhood. With the Space Monkey Program (that I have participated), It was a great opportunity to make the new video game more creative and diverse than before. I know It's not possible to include every wishes, but here are some ideas I suggest you to add in the game:

Playable (and customizable!) characters ideas:

-"Experimental no legs, nor arms robot": Designed for offering greater support between robots and humans, with the advanced magnetization technology, mechanical body parts can float in the air and follows the robot's movements. These experiments are also designed for an important purpose: respect, teamwork and friendship between humans, hybrids and robots, and protecting the living beings from bullying, injustice and threats from any form of evil. After saving himself from a certain death (his robots family was killed by a "hateful man who wanted to exterminate any form of progressivism between living beings and robots"), one experiment must travel through the galaxy, while meeting companions, in order to find a way to prevent the carnage the "human psychopath" has done...

As you can see, experiments are inspired by Rayman, my childhood video game hero, of course!

Here are the hybrids I would like to include in the game:

-Crocodile
    -Tiger
    -Bear
    -Chicken

And now, some worlds I would like to include in the game, with their cultures, musical aspects and mythologies that inspires them:

-Quebec (lands and forests covered with snow, maples are also popular in this region, inhabitants' accent is really inspired by the french-canadian culture)

-London (a region with clock towers, talking detective yorkshire terriers, teas and biscuits, british humor, and "rare discoveries")

-Cuba (a land of palms, sands and beaches, with decors made of woods, some hot temperatures and a lot of fiestas)

-Africa (a region with jungles, deserts and savanas, with wild animals)

-Japan (a land who combines cultural past and the high-tech future in one place, with ninjas and samurais, giant cats, yokai, robots, sushis, and more. The world's creativity and mythology is also inspired by Hayao Miyazaki)

And finally, some preorder bonuses ideas:

-BG&E Custom Pack: Includes customizable elements inspired by the heroes from the first game in the series, such as Jade, as well as Pey'j.

-Michel Ancel's Classics (working title): A bonus compilation that includes 3 Ubisoft classics Michel worked in the past:

-Rayman (based on the PSone version)
    -Rayman 2: The Great Escape (based on the Dreamcast version)
    -Beyond Good & Evil (based on the HD version)

That's all for now! I hope you will be interested by some of my ideas. Thanks!
     1 people found this helpful

Hi all!

I read almost each post of these Space Monkeys topics and I approve most of your ideas and the improvements you propose. Although I'd like all of you to rewind and remember what in BGE gave you so much pleasure, good feelings, interest and emotions. I even advise you to replay it now (was free in HD edition on Xbox Live Gold a few months ago) and witness how the magic still works. I'm not beeing fully objective here (finished the game 5 times already) and most of you won't be neither, but my point is: BGE took us all by our hearts. Not because we are hardcore gamers, not because it was technically advanced, not for its lifespan, not for its complexity, social features or customization tools...
    In the way I see it, BGE 2 must NOT follow any other AAA game. It must not become an Assassin's Creed, or a Deus Ex, or a Horizon... GTA or whatever. We certainly all love these games, but did they give us anything close to what BGE did, with their choices and factions and multiplayer MMO and karma ?
    Let me take some ideas as examples:
    • Main character's customization/race selection: you know how the affection you had for Jade was strongly attached to her features, the way she moved, her voice, her tone, her colours, and the way she interacted with other characters. Could BGE2 be as good with a character you built from hundred possible options? Maybe. How? With a tremendous amount of work that would most surely cause a loss on another part of the game...
    • MMO features/cooperation: I really don't want to see this in BGE2. Or at least I don't want to be forced to play along with other people. Do you really wish to see other people meddle with your BGE experience??? Do you picture yourself, enjoying a moment of contemplation, and then a guy with a dumb nickname over his head is jumping around you... Seriously?! Hell no. I love playing online with FPS and such. Maybe it's just me, but my BGE experience is MINE!
    • Factions/karma: I loved the way those components were managed in the latest Deus Ex or in other RPGs. But I fear it would just add too much complexity to the story-telling and to the identity Michel and his team could inject to the characters. Same arguments than character customization.
    • Huge open world / more secondary quests: BGE had this perfect ratio of exploration, action and contemplation moments. Don't you think? I'm all for a larger world if it keeps at least as good a pace. If I may take GTA V as an example of large open world with numerous secondary quests, I often felt taken away from the core story because of this overwhelming scale. Its breaking the rythm of the game. I think it could damage BGE2's experience to play it in such a scale.

Thank you for reading me.
    I just hope this BGE2 will be as mastered as the first was in every way. Even more. I don't want it to show off, like most of the AAA licenses are doing (bigger maps, better graphics, 4K native...). BGE is not the place for that. It's the place for inspiration, art, emotions, stories and immersion. Let's keep it Zen!

Main character customization: i can only agree with you.

Features/cooperation: You will not be forced Michel Ancel said it more than one time BGE2 is meant to be played with friends the max player capacity is around 15, during a lot of his interview he said that you can do the game alone but playing with a friend is so much fun you will not want disable the online.
    I just hope the is no forced internet connexion like in For Honor

Huge open world / more secondary quests: I have nothing against secondary quest BUT they have to be secondary wich me if i want to do them i can, but if i don't want i must have the possibility to completely skip them, i see a system like the witcher 3 were side quest are just here for the sake of giving more content (knowing that secondary quest on the witcher 3 give you something close to 0 xp it's ridicule )

Dude we are talking about michel putain d'ancel when 3D games were in the trend he came put his engine on the table and say "hey let's make a stunning 2D games" and BAM rayman is born
    I don't know anyone who is my age who didn't play rayman 2, and rayman 3 is still the funniest game i ever played
    BGE 1 is in the top 5 of 2003 games
    Rayman Origins/Legends are 2 great game.
    Rayman origins came out with Skyrim, Zelda SS, Batman arkham city and still manage to sell 2 million untis and be considered but the press as a chef doeuvre
    Rayman legends takes risk and give a chance to the wii u by adapting the gameplay to the console.

All of this to say i am not worried and you shouldn't be because if you remember we got a trailer of bge2 in 2009 and Ancel is known to work with a small team during the early phase of a game to assure it's quality.

Oh et by the way, je suis français aussi !

As for the map system, I agree to the idea that there should be no mini-map. We want this game to be as immersive as possible, and this would be a downer... Although we could imagine having a special ability for the character to track items and relevant locations. Nothing too obvious like an itinerary or a complete map, but a direction tip, or a visual effect.
    Also we could just rely on directions given by the random citizen, like in Shenmue! Loved this idea!
    For the vehicules, a GPS-like map would do OK.
    In the witcher 3 there is a mod when you press L2 (witcher sense) the minimap show up, if they ever want to go with a minimap it's something that they should considere, but i agree no minimap is even better almost every open world game i play i try to remove the mini-map.
     1 people found this helpful

Hi RayGlob2017!

Originally Posted by RayGlob2017 Go to original post
    "Experimental no legs, nor arms robot": Designed for offering greater support between robots and humans, with the advanced magnetization technology, mechanical body parts can float in the air and follows the robot's movements. These experiments are also designed for an important purpose: respect, teamwork and friendship between humans, hybrids and robots, and protecting the living beings from bullying, injustice and threats from any form of evil. After saving himself from a certain death (his robots family was killed by a "hateful man who wanted to exterminate any form of progressivism between living beings and robots"), one experiment must travel through the galaxy, while meeting companions, in order to find a way to prevent the carnage the "human psychopath" has done...

As you can see, experiments are inspired by Rayman, my childhood video game hero, of course!
    I like the idea of the "robot avenger"! Although I don't get the part with "hateful man who wanted to exterminate any form of progressivism between living beings and robots". What do you mean by that? Why would this robot representing a threat to this evil man?

Here are the hybrids I would like to include in the game:

-Crocodile
    -Tiger
    -Bear
    -Chicken
    Nothing to argue here: there are so many cool animals that could be used as hybrids and bring new abilities: chameleon, turtle, sea horse, ant... crabs. There's no limit!

And now, some worlds I would like to include in the game, with their cultures, musical aspects and mythologies that inspires them:

-Quebec (lands and forests covered with snow, maples are also popular in this region, inhabitants' accent is really inspired by the french-canadian culture)

-London (a region with clock towers, talking detective yorkshire terriers, teas and biscuits, british humor, and "rare discoveries")

-Cuba (a land of palms, sands and beaches, with decors made of woods, some hot temperatures and a lot of fiestas)

-Africa (a region with jungles, deserts and savanas, with wild animals)

-Japan (a land who combines cultural past and the high-tech future in one place, with ninjas and samurais, giant cats, yokai, robots, sushis, and more. The world's creativity and mythology is also inspired by Hayao Miyazaki)
    Some good stuff here! I was picturing also a system of planets mixing cultures similar to ours (kind of like you exposed), but also in different stages of evolution. For all we know, these planets could not all be part of the "galactic civilization", and some of them (the further planets for example), could shelter very young civilizations: prehistoric, medieval, renaissance, WWI... Careful though, I'm not suggesting an Assassin's Creed kind of historical reproduction. More like the reproduction of an particular atmosphere, from a chosen time, and a chosen culture.
    This idea came to me from a French comic-book I love: "Sillage" (apparently titled "Wake" en English).