From all the idea's I wanna share, it's about how competitive we as human are even in the virtual world. We wanna be the richest, greatest, badest... whatever it is, as my observation we wanna be ranked in the gaming world. you will notice all ranking games have that extra love, drive and community.
    I'm really looking forward to playing this game someday. Feeling of space/explorer/pirate sounds amazing! ... question is for how long? I feel like id need a goal, a bigger picture

I enjoy this anime called One Piece, Its about this character who sets out with the goal of becoming the pirate king and to obtain the 'one piece' however, till date no one knows what the one piece is. It is such a indulging feeling to see the journey of one boy on a small boat turn into a crew on a ship gaining popularity over different worlds they explore. Their popularity compliments their bounty, the bounty is what tells the world how strong/rich of a pirate one is "rank".
    Honestly my explanation would not justify the tale nor the concept of One Piece but if I got the chance to give out a tasks to the team of BGE2, it would be to watch or read this anime to reference a singular goal for all players. You got the time to really scavenge through the one piece story.

you are either a citizen, a space pirate or the space police. real time is too slow yet if that is incorporated wouldn't that be something, missions that can only be done at curtain hours...I say that would really get me into a pirate character.

selling pictures/evidence to police gets me money fast. (citizen)
    Stealing gets me money even faster. (pirate/police)
    Capturing a pirate would be the fastest.(police/pirate)

feel like the ideas don't stop, gets me excited hahaha, would be such a dream to get a job with you guys. All the best

For example, you got a hint or a clue of a certain pirate or bank code, house key, assassination contract etc... with this new hint/clue you create a open mission for other players to do so.

Why wont you do it yourself? good question... but you will only do a mission you are capable of doing, escaping with your particular lvl, resources, etc.

this way you obtaining secrets/clues/hints can be more than enough to make a commission OR just try it yourself...maybe you will successed or maybe you will fail, either way you will have the chance to make or losing money, go up or down the ranks, higher or lower liability amongst others. etc...

just like the world we live in, we start small, take from smaller people as as we get bigger we take from bigger then once you know you are up in the world is when you start taking from the government

Sunken Police Station Spin Off/ Gear Idea/ Vehicle Idea

I think it would be cool to utilize the entire world, not just land and sky but also underwater as well. Maybe make it so that you can choose to be the shark race and dive underwater without needing any special gear. Then other races you could make them have a jetpack that blows out bubbles? With a tiny mouth piece that converts water to oxygen so other races could breathe.
    Vehicle wise, make a kind of spaceship that can go underwater as well and in the sky etc. Possibly give it claws at call it "The Killer Crab" and can grab objects/ people and throw them around.

Storywise, if going against the police station and it was on ground/ maybe make it to difficult to approach from land or sky so instead the pirates go underwater and set explosives underneath the police station making it sink to the bottom and then the main character can go down into the sunken police station and take photo's of something like a high tech hypnotizing machine. (Waterproof Camera).

Originally Posted by krjung Go to original post
    For example, you got a hint or a clue of a certain pirate or bank code, house key, assassination contract etc... with this new hint/clue you create a open mission for other players to do so.

Why wont you do it yourself? good question... but you will only do a mission you are capable of doing, escaping with your particular lvl, resources, etc.

this way you obtaining secrets/clues/hints can be more than enough to make a commission OR just try it yourself...maybe you will successed or maybe you will fail, either way you will have the chance to make or losing money, go up or down the ranks, higher or lower liability amongst others. etc...
    I'm not sure to understand the interest here. Having missions done by other players? Why receiving these missions in the first place? If the game is well calibrated (and I'm sure it will be) there is no need for that. And if we are dealing with a level/XP system in BGE2, I really hope that the possibility to complete a mission or not will not just depend on the level of the enemies, as it does on basic RPGs.

Originally Posted by krjung Go to original post
    just like the world we live in, we start small, take from smaller people as as we get bigger we take from bigger then once you know you are up in the world is when you start taking from the government
    I don't want to launch a debate here, but in France we have it backward: Lower people take from the government, highest people take from the lowest, and the government takes from the highest.

in this system, the wanted signal could give details about this criminal where he could be located, a picture of his ship, his race...
    Hi, Amigos, all 300,000 bounty-hunters in the star system! How y'all doing?

A few things I'd like to suggest:

Festivals. Festivals are great fun for people who are into that kind of thing, and different cities or regions on different planets could have different festivals for spring equinox, midwinter, founding anniversaries, presidents' birthdays, harvests and anniversaries of declarations of independence, accession to or secession from a union, discoveries of metal ore deposits, treaty signings and the like. Having some sort of advertising for them would be good. Having a pop-up flashing advert for them every time you log in, level up, switch characters, end a flashback "session play" thingy, change regions or put hot sauce on a tofu kebab would be bad though, so don't do that, m'kay?

Quest guide. Having an assistant of sorts point out where you need to be to complete your current quest would be very handy. We already have GPS-guided nav systems, so it's not hard to believe that a planet-hopping future would contain such a device. Having it actually guide you to the righ place would be a bonus. If the quest is "kill the three Trolls wandering around Tal Bruinen," it should guide you to one of the two you haven't killed yet, not back to the spawn-spot of the one you already did kill.

A wide range of kit, suited to a wide range of styles, with flashy melee, brutal melee, stealthy melee, stealthy-ish ranged and loud ranged, old-fashioned, steampunk, 1950-2030 and super-high-tech, almost-never-lethal, less-likely-to-be-lethal and oh-just-kill-it and so on.

Wildlife photography.

Fashion: browse, buy, customise, wear, design, upload, criticise, mock, shun, sell on, re-use et cetera. Different items could have different effects on different groups' opinions of you.

Different actions could also have different effects on different groups' opinions of you. The anarchists would dislike anything you did for any level of government or government agency, the abolitionists would care mostly about whether you helped free slaves or helped perpetuate the slave trade, the prohibitionists would hate you for getting drunk and dislike you just for going to a bar, the fundamentalists would hate you for showing too much skin, gathering firewood on a Saturday, eating the flesh of hares, having about you any garment made of two fibres woven together, practicing crop rotation or shaving the temples of your head (I'm not even making these up), Medicins Sans Final Frontiers would like you if you delivered medicine and paramedics and helped with casevacs and would also prefer it if you didn't drop Russian-made bombs on their ambulances and so on.

Hobbies. Hobbies not limited to standing on a rock, watching a bit of plastic float in a stream. Learn card tricks. Grow bonsai trees. Breed skinks. Play a steampunk tramp freighter simulator game on the ship's computer between missions. Heck, play D&D. What character classes would your crew choose? All rogues all the time?

Quest pre-completion. Asheron's Call had tokens looted from particular creatures deep in the bowels of various cave systems, nests, dungeons or whatever, and those tokens could be turned in for rewards. Lord of the Rings Online has a very similar system except you have to talk to the NPC first because you can't pick up that token until you've got the quest. You could have killed the giant spider five times before you meet him and still be sent back to kill it. You can show up with 200 fresh Warg hides in your inventory (don't ask how you carry that lot in the same space as a single copper ring) and still get a quest to go out and kill 10 Wargs. You can wander all over the landscape, harvesting copper ore, and then be told to go and find a missing satchel and suddenly you can pick up that satchel because now you have the quest! I preferred the AC version.

That's all for now. See you, Space Cowboys!
     2 people found this helpful

Made an edit of earlier BGE2 concept art of a hybrid I wanna see! Let me know what you think guys
     4 people found this helpful

Legion-495's Avatar Senior Member
    It sure looks like a fun guy if you ask me.

@WhitecladGoth some things you suggested are planned anyway.

The game needs a minimap. FullStop

Karma within Gangs

It would also be cool to have karma among gangs like maybe you get a mission to kill someone from another gang and so you do it and then you get reputation for the gang you helped but the gang that you killed a guy from gets pissed and maybe they will send guys to kill you but the gang you helped can back u up

I've got 2 questions and they're about 2 details from the gameplay trailer that came out 1 month ago. The 1st question is about the meteor impact sites they say they are putting into the game. I think it's cool how they are creating this new feature but do you think we'll able to explore the impact sites and salvage the rare meteor materials to use to build things or sell? Will there be several types of meteor materials you can get? And there's a detail that says that there are animal persons/people at the impact sites which makes me wonder what happens to them after a giant space rock falls near them, and I'm sorry if this sounds weird, if you find their remains or the pieces of salvage equipment they had with them will you be able to salvage/loot from them?

The 2nd question is about spaceship customization. From the gameplay trailer the giant spaceship looked cool, but is there some way that the different cultures in the game will have an influence on how our spaceships will look? What do you think they would the different culture spaceship modifications will look like? Will we be able to modify smaller spacecraft, fighters, or vehicles? And can we customize the inside of the ship like how you could decorate the inside of a house in Fallout 4? I'd like to be able to color my spaceship/vehicles with interesting colors/patterns and maybe cool insignia decals. Oh and being able to add different types of engines and weaponry to my space, fighter, and vehicle craft to improve performance would be awesome too, like giant lasers, gatling guns, and missile pods! And if there're races in the game, then being able to customize a racing vehicle would be important.

Also do you think they'll be able to add a few new animal human hybrid races into the game? They had cat human hybrids called Felis Sapiens in the previous game so why not add dog/wolf human hybrids called the Canis Sapiens into the new game? The history of the Canis Sapiens is that they were created to be used in law enforcement or to fight in the military. I have a few ideas for customizable characters I want to create and one of them is a wolf person who's in his mid teens. And as he's doing his pizza delivery job or whatever occupation he sees the bad things being carried out by bad people/ hybrids as well as corrupt law enforcement officers and politicians. So he forms a vigilante group (essentially space pirates) and as he and his crew are having fun, exciting, and dangerous adventures, they're also going around busting up bad guys, stealing from the corrupt, and helping the repressed weak and innocent people. I know it sounds cheesy but that's the kind of character I want to create and play as! And while having a bunch of voices to choose from for the main character is unlikely, it'd be neat if there were a few voices/accents that you could choose from. Examples of games with character customization where you could choose what your character sounds like: Monster Hunter series, Saints Row 4.
    Is there also going to be a way that we can choose our customized character's background/history likel you could in the Mass Effect series with Commander Shepard? Maybe your backgrounds could be as an ordinary citizen, a police officer, a criminal who just got out of jail, or a hero from a war.

And there's a detail that says that there are animal persons/people at the impact sites which makes me wonder what happens to them after a giant space rock falls near them, which begs the question from me if you find their remains or the pieces of salvage equipment they had with them will you be able to salvage/loot from them?
    If you see the in engine tech demo Ancel said that there is a safe place on the planet where people build their cities and just after the impact the slaves are send to gather the meteorites parts.
    I don't think you can salvage from hybrid being killed by the meteorites, however the hybrids who die working is another question, if it is possible you will surely get a bad reputation.

Originally Posted by AuraLucarioX Go to original post
    I think it's cool how they are creating this new feature but do you think we'll able to explore the impact sites and salvage the rare meteor materials to use to build things or sell? Will there be several types of meteor materials you can get? And there's a detail that says that there are animal persons/people at the impact sites which makes me wonder what happens to them after a giant space rock falls near them, and I'm sorry if this sounds weird, if you find their remains or the pieces of salvage equipment they had with them will you be able to salvage/loot from them?
    Old version: http://impact.ese.ic.ac.uk/ImpactEffects
    New version: http://purdue.edu/impactearth
    400 m chunk of iron at 20 km/s onto sedimentary rock, viewed from 100 km away:
    Transient Crater Diameter: 7.69 km ( = 4.78 miles )
    Transient Crater Depth: 2.72 km ( = 1.69 miles )

Final Crater Diameter: 10.1 km ( = 6.26 miles )
    Final Crater Depth: 593 meters ( = 1950 feet )

Time for maximum radiation: 378 milliseconds after impact

Visible fireball radius: 6.73 km ( = 4.18 miles )
    The fireball appears 15.3 times larger than the sun
    Thermal Exposure: 2.19 x 106 Joules/m2
    Duration of Irradiation: 1.63 minutes
    Radiant flux (relative to the sun): 22.5 (Flux from a burner on full at a distance of 10 cm)

Effects of Thermal Radiation:

Much of the body suffers third degree burns

Newspaper ignites

Deciduous trees ignite

Grass ignites

The major seismic shaking will arrive approximately 20 seconds after impact.
    Richter Scale Magnitude: 7.3
    Mercalli Scale Intensity at a distance of 100 km:

VI. Felt by all, many frightened. Some heavy furniture moved; a few instances of fallen plaster. Damage slight.

The ejecta will arrive approximately 2.4 minutes after the impact.
    At your position there is a fine dusting of ejecta with occasional larger fragments
    Average Ejecta Thickness: 3.12 cm ( = 1.23 inches )
    Mean Fragment Diameter: 6.37 cm ( = 2.51 inches )

The air blast will arrive approximately 5.05 minutes after impact.
    Peak Overpressure: 35500 Pa = 0.355 bars = 5.04 psi
    Max wind velocity: 73.3 m/s = 164 mph

Wood frame buildings will almost completely collapse.

Glass windows may shatter.

Glass windows will shatter.

Up to 90 percent of trees blown down; remainder stripped of branches and leaves.
    When you say you want to loot the bodies of people who were at the impact site, just how close to it are you calling "at" it?
     1 people found this helpful